Bitcoin - A good time to invest?

Sup Veeky Forums,
Looking at investing in some bitcoin sooner or later. Is now a good time to invest? Or wait for the next crash?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.com
cryptobizcentral.com/crypto-101.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hell no, just wait for the crash, bitcoin gonna crash i think, or at least it will suffer a low
If you buy today you will literally buy high to sell low

Go 30% in with ETC

get verified and get your cash in an exchange and wait for a dip

don't be that guy complaining about verificiation process because he wasn't prepared

Bitcoin is going to 10k this bull run. Then it will correct to 5-6k. Market momentum is building to insane levels, and won't stop for a while.

All good points. Hard decision to make. Keen to hear more.

This. People have been FUDing bitcoin for years

another post suggested correction will be back to 1000k

How do you guys invest in things like BTC and ETH or SIA? What online broker do you guys use?

Coinbase. It's easy.

bleutrader is what I've been recommended today and bitpay for a wallet

I suspect so.

Get in at any prices.

The normies are entering the market. They will drive it to some insane level, after which it will crash, and then stabilize again.

Wait until the retarded boomers demand to buy "Bitcoin stocks".

You can wait for the next crash but you might still be buying higher than it is now.

It's not happening mate, The amount of money flooding in now is to large to leave. You where told to buy at $1,000. You didn't listen.

Wish I heard to buy at $1000, been under a rock due to university.

I was told to buy when it hit 10 and I laughed, I was told to buy at 100 and I was like dude, you're so fucked because it's crashing tomorrow and then next week it was at 600 and I was like this is the bubble and when it hit above 1000 I started scrambling for my btc address that I had when I was mining btc when they were just penny worth 1.4BTC are locked because I don't remember my password to unlock it.

And now I am too broke to invest :(

I have 50/50 in BTC and ETH.

BTC is gaining in popularity so fast believe it can go to $10k, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. Once it crashes tho I'm shifting to ETH. While BTC is more popular, ETH is better and has practical use other than just currency. I think it'll beat out BTC in the end.

So these wallets on coinbase...
If I have that QR code and address, will I have access to my wallet even in the event that coinbase goes down?

What is the security of having a coinbase wallet in the event of them just saying "fuck it we're shutting it down"

Not yet user.
I suggest you wait for the correction and buy the dip
Listen to this user have your cash ready

that's what I don't understand about some of these programs that offer 12 keywords to restore your wallet. Are they going to be available in 20 years if I lock those 12 words into a bank safe for next 20 years with 1btc on them? or do I have to store the address and qr and 12 keywords are only useful right now while those programs are available?

I have 2.5 BTC and 25 ETH now thru coinbase. Is that look right? and should I even be thinking about buying any LTC at this point?

yeah it says it's resolved but now my stupid cc won't accept the charge. credit card jews

i dont think so user

Bitcoin went up 200 dollars today, 800 total in the last week

you tell me.

this is literally me, except for two things

1) I was told to buy when it was $0.10 and thought it was dumb as hell. there was even a "bitcoin faucet" then that gave me 0.1 coins for free, i threw it away on a gambling site and laughed
2) I still have cash, because I've been coasting on college scholarships since 2014 instead of getting a real job and apartment

I think i'm going in on this one. It doesn't look to me like a dip is about to start, it looks like the normie rush is ongoing

I mined 1200 Bitcoins in 2010. Sold them all by 2012.

Still mining alts and selling now though.

The 12 words are really a seed for a key which can regenerate your wallet from nothing. If you plan on keeping your shit safe generate your own with an offline wallet like electrum and print and laminate that key store it in a safe place and you will be good forever.

i mean... it's not an idiotic decision on is part. Bitcoin had some scary times around 2013-2015, sometimes it looked like the coin would fork or be taken over by china

are you using special hardware or cgminer with regular computer? I've read an article earlier today and it says mining today is pretty much reserved for someone with large warehouses

Fuck me in my ass I just bought 0.77 btc
I cant take these fluctuations

send it to me, i'll keep it safe for you

Does anybody here have a link to a legitimate guide to investing in bitcoin? With some legit exchanges and an explanation about how to keep your money safe etc?

bitcoin.com ?

2J1VsBQmK5rCCt5jkRYVWAvrLfjNts2fMa

1. Buy a hardware wallet. Trezor or Ledger nano s
2. Create a btc wallet.
2. Buy bitcoins through a broker (ie: gemini, or directly through a trusted seller on localbitcoins. do your research first. lots of scammers here.). You will need to provide photo of ID/passport. Keep in mind that your info can end up in the dark markets. Transfer immediately the funds into your hardware wallet.
3. ???????
4. Profit.

also cryptobizcentral.com/crypto-101.html

so what exactly do i do with my 10k Bitcoin before it sinks? cashing out isn't real

come visit me, we'll buy a yacht and go fishing

just hold it and keep holding it
and keep investing
in 2030 we're using them

Do I have to pay taxes if I cash out to use in coinbase,but do not put it into my bank? Do they use usdt which is still a capital asset?

yes you have to pay taxes. Dont even try to hide it because when cashing out you need to provide ID with any serious broker.

>cashing out isn't real
that should ring an alarm bell and that's why i'm still not sure if it's a scam or not. Bitcoin may really become gold 2.0 (rather than a currency) but it can also plummet if people realize/believe it's just a meme.

KEK are you literally retarded?

They can just fix bitcoin so it has all the whizz bang features of these new coins and be fast again right?

so i invest my euro's in ethereum?

You invest in Bitcoin you mong.

You use a small % of it to gamble on meme coins but most of your money should be in Bitcoin

Bitcoin is a great invest.
>why?
Because it's going to keep going up in value.
>why?
Because people are going to keep buying it.
>why?
Because it's going to keep going up in value.

Obviously this blows up. It may be tomorrow, it may be in 2 years. But you won't be able to catch the peak.

Stop thinking about it so much. Bitcoin is the future all rules don't apply you fucking grandpa.

>please ignore the obvious global Ponzi scheme this has become.

The normies will eventually figure this out, like they always do. There won't be warning signs. Just one day BTC will free fall. It's difficult to predict retards, so make sure you've cashed out early enough. There are going to be some serious bagholders soon.

You are thinking like a dumb wall street speculator.

Bitcoin isn't stocks. You're not trying to "buy low sell high". Bitcoin is the literal future of world economics. You can be one of the first to adopt it or you can get in with the masses in 10 years.

>the future of world economics
That doesn't actually mean anything, though. You think you're going to buy groceries with Bitcoin?

I do at least.
Am I being too naive?

Yes. It will literally replace fiat.

Just like streaming music is better than buying CDs
Just like on demand movies and shows is better than cable.

It's a natural evolution brought on by technology.

Yes.

It will never replace fiat, that's insane. Why would any government switch to a decentralized currency that is open to manipulation? If anything, the gov't would release its own version.

Sell now before the normies figure it out, use your winnings to buy some land.

will the jews fuck this crypobusiness up?

They won't have a choice nig. Technology keeps pushing forward, you can fight it but eventually you'll get swept away.

I'm sure every blockbuster manager was arrogantly laughing at the prospect of people watching movies and shows over the internet 15 years ago. Now blockbuster is history and and a technologically superior alternative has replaced it.

Governments and banks will fight it no doubt but it's not something that can be stopped long term.

>comparing gov't backed currency to blockbuster

Currency is different than a business you mong. I'm constantly surprised at the lack of fundamental economics knowledge here.
>but I read about economics on wikipedia!

They can make an alternate bitcoin though. To some it won't matter which coin they're using. And it'll probably crash bitcoin

They'd basically have to make bitcoin illegal to keep it down. And then there's still the rest of the world, will every 1st world country really make that decision too? I don't think so.

Australia recognised it as a currency in this years budget. So there is that

No one knows. The answer is always that no one knows. If someone really did know, with insider info or something, the last thing they would do is share that info with someone.

>They can make an alternate bitcoin though

No they can't. That wouldn't be a bitcoin that would just be another form of fiat.

Bitcoin is decentralized. That's the entire point. It's not controlled by some central institution/government.

Don't beat yourself up about this.

Everyone says shit like "if only i bought/mined bitcoins back in the day!!! id be so rich"

This simply isnt true. Most people would've sold before it hit $40.

This.

Only the most hardcore of believers in the idea of crypto would have held this long.

If only I had bought bitcoins back in the day and then stored them on a random USB stick or something and then forgot about it and then rediscovered it today

With BTC literally reaching ATH every hour now is a good time to remember this.

Don't be a pussy ass and cash out now because you think it can't possibly get better. That's what the $40 fags thought 5 years ago

>another altcoin
as we don't enough of these already

This is me, but I am never going to find it

Wait for the bubble to pop and short the JPN/BTC market