1900, Europe

>1900, Europe
>Europeans directly controls almost the entire Eastern Hemisphere
>Peace abounds, there is unprecedented prosperity
>Theorists around the continent agree that war is becoming an impossibility as no nation would risk such destruction in the face of such prosperity

How could this golden era have been allowed to fall?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THRNohrfAiI&list=PLB2vhKMBjSxMK8YelHj6VS6w3KxuKsMvT&index=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The eternal Kraut.

It wasn't an idyllic utopia, there were plenty of simmering tensions and new military technology countries were itching to try out, esp. Germany.

Unironically this.

Germans destroyed Western Civilization.

World War I would literally have been one of the best things to happen to Europe IF BRITAIN HADN'T BEEN A CUNT AND JUST STAYED OUT

There was no golden era, there was no peace and only prosperity for the upper classes.
Nationalism had reached its peak in the final two decades before WWI. The world was almost completely divided between the empires of Europe. There was no room left to colonize and expand into and many people where butthurt about this. Naturally, nationalist movements turned back to their next-door neighbors and tensions began to rise in continental Europe.
Everybody ran into this war head over heels, both nations and individuals. Everybody believed that they were invincible and their enemies were doomed.

WW1 was the most insane, dumb and unnecessary war that ever happened. It never had an justified and plausible reason to even start, it was a series of poor decision made by borderline retard governants.

Also it created the concept of "nation state", literally none positive outcome

Half of them were right

>Created the concept of "nation state"
Leave this board and never return.

Wealth leads to social decay. This is a globally observed phenomena.

>Some basic bitch: WWI was a pointless war that had no purpose where millions of people died for nothing.

>Some Belgian soldier in 1916: Germany invaded my country without provocation, raped and murdered tens of thousands of my people, destroyed our cultural heritage, and to top it off my wife and kids are still trapped somewhere behind their lines. I hope in a hundred years from now people will remember what we fought for.

/thread

Stop being so sentimentalistic. I Said reasons to start a war. Once people starts to kill yourpeople, you go to war, thats what makes a war.

>someone disagreeed with me on the internet and i couldnt counterargue so i told then to leave me alone

So, almost as if it was a very NECESSARY war to fight for some of those who fought it.

>Britain should ignore an aggressive military power trying to increase their own control by raping neutral countries

Hun sympathizers should be interned desu

This.
A Europe with a untouched Britain, victorious Germany, and knocked down France and Russia would be a glorious Europe.

>Britain should spend 750,000 lives in an unnecessary war

Still, you didn't appointed good reasons to start. Belgium it would be a better place if it was never invaded, it's a manter of logic

>preventing the civilized world from being dominated by bloodthirsty tyrants is unnecessary

this is the real degeneracy

Wars aren't started unilaterally, if one side doesn't fight back, it was never a war to begin with.

Belgium chose to start their own war when they fought back, a necessary choice to start a necessary war, for them.

Christ, I had no idea Lloyd George's propaganda could still be so effective to this day...

Hi Lindy.

Like everything good, it was ruined by German and Austrian autism.

>Muh hindsight

No one expected WW1 to play out like it did. The call made in 1914, to not tolerate German aggression was the correct one given the available information and expectations.

>muh propaganda influenced understanding of German plans

Do you think Germany would have occupied France any longer than they did during the Franco-Prussian War?

WWI should have been Franco-Prussian Pt. II, but thanks to British assistance it became the bloodbath it did.

If the British had stayed out the war would have been MUCH shorter and therefore much less bloody.

If you want to excuse this by saying it was OKAY for the British to skew the information with propaganda to gain support for British intervention, that's your call.

>Sir, the men are freezing to death and literally being eaten by wolves.
>Nonsense, I strip you of your command and appoint a real general who will attack Siberian Russians in snowy mountains in -20C January.

Nigga do you know what hindsight is?

>skew the information with propaganda to gain support

That's a debunked myth. The rape of Belgium happened.

>The rape of Belgium happened.

Sauce?

>ignoring the constant wars everywhere since 1812

wew lad

>The population of Andenne having manifesting peaceful intentions towards our troops, attacked them in the most treacherous manner.
>With my authorisation the General who commanded these troops has reduced the town to ashes and shot 110 people.
>Von Bulow

Best beginner overview of the first two years of WW1 is the Great War (next two years are coming in real time as it unfolds week by week).

youtube.com/watch?v=THRNohrfAiI&list=PLB2vhKMBjSxMK8YelHj6VS6w3KxuKsMvT&index=8

>Also it created the concept of "nation state"
and?

Why did the Orromans join the war?

Enver "Just Fuck My Empire Up" Pasha decided to side with Germany because Britain and France had been economically fucking the Ottomans for years.

no! it was the revanchism of the frog!

Only the worst kind of polictical arrangement that someone could ever imagine (mostly because of representative democracy, but its both codependents concepts) that brought ptetty much all the causes to the decay of western civ.

user, nation-states are a result of the Thirty Years War.

Serbs are fucking insane.

Yes, it was a bad choice of words. I'm not saying that started on the wwi, but it has proliferated all over the world after the wwi.

I don't like the nation-state because it proclaims that a country is good for being that determined country, and note because of its struggle for ver adapting and reincenting itself as nation, as we had on some europeans monarchies and some periods of feudal Japan. Ming dinasty is a good example also. It's clear, you ser só many promising countries at that times such as Iran, argentina and Brazil became shithols as they incorporated the nation state narrative

The increase of nationalism throughout large states and empires.

>france would have just fallen over in wwi without British support
>Krauts fetishists are this delusional
Even when the full force of Germany was on France after the collapse of Russia they weren't able to win