100% serious here

100% serious here

If Aliens came to earth, would they be allowed to join the Catholic church? Would they be allowed to become Christians?

What does the Bible/Church say about non-human souls/alien souls?

Thanks

bump

Yes, Catholics have already answered this question in the middle ages. There used to be a belief in non-human creatures, such as dog-headed men and blemmys, and Catholics concluded that such creatures are made in the image of god and thus have reason, and so authorized missionaries who encountered non-humans to baptize them into the faith. Sadly, Blemmyes turned out not to exist, but the precedent is set and applies to any aliums we might meet in future.

The Bible obviously says nothing. Pope Francis says he would be willing to baptize aliens.

It's kinda sad we've lost the belief in the paranormal

Eh, science has revealed a world that is far more interesting than the mystics of the past ever imagined.

>There used to be a belief in non-human creatures,

What a weird thing to say. There are literally millions of species and humans are only one of them.

>context

protip, words don't have meanings as such, meaning is entirely context dependent.

Everyone knows that evolution killed all the other animals except humans.

Perhaps you are insane and think that there are such things as cats and dogs roaming around.

>implying non-human lives even exist

If abos can be baptized, I don't see why aliens can't.

>If Austra-aliens can be baptized, maybe space aliens can be too

Not really.

t.brainlet

But the real question is, can we fug them? Is God cool with that?

>muh properties of graphene are more interesting than bigoot, cyclopses, two-headed american children, a torsoman, and a polite werewolf

Get a load of this guy

Dude we can just play the Witcher for that.

Sudden discharges of static electricity sound a lot less interesting to me than bearded men throwing lighting at people they don't like.

But then again, I'm not autistic so what do I know.

That's because you're an idiot. Lightning is an incredibly complex and interesting phenomenon, one we use to light our rooms and browse our internets. That's far, far deeper and more interesting than "god throwing a hissy fit"

as long as you put a ring on it*.

*"it" may vary, according to what grasper limb said being possesses.

i see you've never read any ancient philosophical literature.

You see wrong, I have a degree in classics.

well, platonic cosmology is pretty fascinating in it's own right, for starters.
Or the lovecraftian insanity of the aztecs.

But what if it's agendered. Could we marry them? Is it considered sodomy?

>But what if it's agendered.
Gene-modding?
>Could we marry them?
I think so.
>Is it considered sodomy?
Possibly.

>well, platonic cosmology is pretty fascinating in it's own right, for starters.

Yes, and it's NOTHING in comparison with the latest theories of physics. Plato would have SHIT a LUNG to learn about the uncertainty principle, or the Copenhagen Interpretation, or the nature of matter, or really almost anything we've discovered in the past couple of centuries.

When you learn how things work the whole thing simply losses it's mystic charm, it's like knowing how a magic trick works.

>and more interesting than "god throwing a hissy fit"

That's entirely subjective.

Again, you think this because you're an idiot. Learning about how reality actually is is an endless endeavor, the simple-minded mystical conceit that we can achieve "truth" via some religious or magical means is the empty-headed delusion of someone who lacks imagination.

Why do you think I was arguing in favor of mysticism? Are you seriously arguing that reality is more interesting than fiction?

>Why do you think I was arguing in favor of mysticism?

Because you obviously were.

>Are you seriously arguing that reality is more interesting than fiction?

Yes.

>Because you obviously were.

Except I didn't, you're just strawmanning.

>yes

That's just like, your opinion, man.

What were you arguing for, then?

>That's just like, your opinion, man.

If you were less stupid, you'd agree.

>ur dumb

epic

If a large amount of ayy lmaos came to earth, and declared themselves the true Catholic church, and their Pope was the only one true Pope, what would happen then?

Interestingly RH- Blood types and some others have probably been genetically engineered. The abduction phenomenon is very real. The Bible records Fallen angels mating with human wives its the primarily reason the flood occurred and these spirits of the Nephalim are the demons as we know them.

Not much, we just get to have yet another pope. It's not like we don't already have more than one.

Either war or they'd just be labelled the fake crazy alien anti-christ 'church' and left alone

you say that in spite of all the paranormal media that people eat up. There's no way even a majority of the audiences that consume that media unironically don't believe that the paranormal exists.

Of the species as a whole are genetically incompatible, definitely not.

Is it possible our imaginations and conceits and tendencies towards mysticism provided motivating narratives to keep listening while imbuing new generations of humans with curiosities to prove wrong or right the words of their fathers?

Could it be possible that reality informs fictionand vice-versa, and that both are necessary to the mental health of sentient beings?