Am I safe with Coinbase? I've heard horror stories of people getting their accounts closed or their coins stolen

Am I safe with Coinbase? I've heard horror stories of people getting their accounts closed or their coins stolen

I bought a hardware wallet, how easy is it to switch to Gemini?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jZYDTZYK6UM
hacked.awkwardhuman.com/
twitter.com/CodyBrown/status/866442341946675200
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Coinbas is safe. It's just very slow. Those horror stories are mostly from stupid motherfuckers who don't know how to read and think that they get to use everything instantly.

I've had no issues. If your only intention is to use it to send to Bittrex, just keep in mind it can take an hour before your wallet is updated.

No you idiot.

My bank decided to put a hold on purchasing through Coinbase. Coinbase took this as a chargeback without me knowing and automatically banned me and barred me from all my funds, which lasted for several months. Their customer service did not respond to me for about 2 months and this was all in April of this year.

Coinbase also has a significant history of double and triple charging people even months after their purchases. They are also known for declining buy offers when a currency has had severe volatility because it would benefit them to wait for someone willing to buy at the higher price.

Coinbase is not good. They are FDIC insured but god forbid they fuck with your account like mine or you're done for.

Also they will ban you for sending your BTC from them to gambling sites, any site they don't approve of, and possibly localbitcoins. They are known for banning people almost at random. If you must buy from them, it's best to buy and move your coins somewhere else immediately.

You should read their user agreement. Your fiat is safe because it's held by a bank. Your cryptos on the other hand are subject to whatever the fuck Coinbase wants. That may include seizures or freezing of assets.

I've had no problems with them of this sort at all. I hear these rumors but every time I ask for more informarion about them it ends up just being the fact that that person is a dumb nigger who didn't read the terms and agreements.

What terms in the agreement did they violate?

preach f a m
coinbase is nothing but problems
buttrex is even worse

Literally this.

Also heard two people get their bank accounts locked down when they tried to cash out through Coinbase. Most banks still see this shit as possible drug money laundering.

Once you're in crypto, you're stuck, at least in 2017. There's no safe way to cash out.

>bittrex
>bad

Better than polo locking people out while bots play ping pong.

Has anyone successfully cashed out large sums of money (more than $1000) from Coinbase without issue, regularly?

All these people say, "I'M A MILLIONAIRE!" then show they're Coinbase account. Which is great on paper, but if you can't get that million bucks to your bank...who fucking cares? It's just Neopoints at that point.

Works on my machine. I always hear about people not being able to cash out but I have literally never had a problem.

I bought ETH from coinbase

where should I send it?

why isn't there one centralized wallet that deals with all coins and is safe and easy to use

Just use a web client if there are any. Your wallets are just a bunch of keys. You don't need to download a bazillion programs to manage them all.

Exodus wallet is the next best thing you can use right now it has about six different currencies for you to work with and store.

ok will do, thank you

I still don't understand the wallet either.

Isn't coinbase more secure than a wallet?

Plus when you pull you're money out of coinbase, doesnt your investment percentage go down as well?

Or do you all just move your gains?

I'm confused

This guy, Adam Dachis lost his life savings in ETH this week due to hackers, and he still can't get coinbase to answer his fucking emails.
He has to spam twitter 24/7 to get a response.

youtube.com/watch?v=jZYDTZYK6UM
hacked.awkwardhuman.com/
twitter.com/CodyBrown/status/866442341946675200

jesus christ

Decided to leave the hacking out because it's not 100% substantiated and don't want to create fud.
But that Adam Dachis guy really can't get hold of support over his hack.

What did they mean by this?

>keeping your entire stash on an online exchange

Maybe coinbase is shit with it's customer service, but seriously, why would anyone do this?

What do you guys even mean? I applied on coinbase for being able to buy and sell up to $30k USD worth of crypto at a time, so that means I should be able to sell up to 120 grand worth of coin per month right?

Bots scalping. You can see how it follows a fixed distance from the top and bottom around the center.

Did u get away with not paying taxes on that if USA?

They're pretty much worthless.

Good luck actually opening an account. ID verification doesn't work, adding a credit card doesn't work, adding a bank account takes days, and contacting support may take weeks.

Seriously, fuck these guys.

>seriously, why would anyone do this?
* People don't know exchanges are bucket shops and almost always fail
* People think coinbase is insured
* Normies can't use wallet software
* People want to buy/sell in the same system, not move coins to exchange and back
* Coinbase stops you from moving mass coins/cash unless you give them a blood sample.

wut ? i never had any problems with coinbase

What is the best hardware for storing ETH? Trezor? I have a shit-ton of it and all this Coinbase FUD has me nervous as hell.

Also is it easy to use? I don't want some kind of hardware malfunction making my ETH gone forever. I'm not very tech savvy.

Holy fuck this jew site is down again now that the price suddenly fell. Wtf is this shit?

I ordered the ledger nano s, but it hasn't come in yet. It looks cleaner than the Trezor, but the Trezor is probably just as good.

If you store your ETH passcode on a hard drive that doesn't connect to your computer often, you should be fine if your hardware wallet dies on you.

All you need is that Eth password to pull money from anywhere like myetherwallet.com

I don't get how that works. So the ETH isn't directly stored to the Trezor or Nano device but to an address instead? And then I can open up my ETH on any random web wallet? Is that how it works?

>There's no safe way to cash out.
apart from localbitcoins where you just transfer between bank accounts of random people so its not like it comes up on your bank statemen "COINBASE THANK YOU FOR BUYING BITCOIN CRYPTO CURRENCY" for your bank all to see

> So the ETH isn't directly stored to the Trezor or Nano device but to an address instead?
Exactly

>And then I can open up my ETH on any random web wallet? Is that how it works?
Pretty much.

I just store the password encrypted on my external hard drive, and open it up when I want to send or view the coin on myetherwallet.
I don't need a hard wallet at all. Hardware wallet is good if you run windows or have terrible op sec and get viruses all the time.
If you're smart, on linux or a secure system, you prob don't need a hardware wallet. The problem is accessing and storing your password without getting it stolen.

what about coinmama

i signed up for it because coinbase isn't letting me register for some stupid fucking reason

crypto currency is so fucking annoying. JUST LET ME PUT IN MY CARD AND GIVE ME MY FUCKING COINS, jesus. why does everything have to be so fucking complicated

I see. So what's the point of buying a device like that compared to just using a paper wallet like myetherwallet?

i agree entirely.

>what's the point of buying a device like that compared to just using a paper wallet like myetherwallet?
The device will access and decrypt the password for you, and send it to myetherwallet or any other wallet viewing system for you, without risking some hacker seeing it.

If you store the password yourself on your computer in plain text, a hacker can steal that.

If you encrypt the stored password on your computer, a hacker can keylog you decrypting it.

If you send the password to myetherwallet via the website, your hacked browser can sniff it.

There's a lot of ways to get fucked without a hardware wallet.

>muh hackers

I got 3 ATMs in my area that work on bitcoin. As long as I dont need to cash out +100 btc in short period of time, I'll be fine

Use wesellcrypto.

could you just use a really secure password and not have any worries? Like a 36 character one with upper, lower and symbols?

>prices go down
>Coinbase goes down for maintenance
Really made my almonds dance

What kind of cut do they take?

>There's no safe way to cash out.
... sell BTC on Cuckbase for USD and transfer the funds?

>coinbase is owned by a jewish multinational.....

this post was very timely. the coinbase down event was massively profiltable for me, if it doesn't go down again, in which case, ball dance party

6%. Not too bad since no tax on cash :^)

Newcomer here, any other trusted site with debit/credit payment options for the european region that's not just limited to bitcoin only?

localbitcoins

so just don't be a retard?

>If you store the password yourself on your computer in plain text, a hacker can steal that.

Couldn't I just write it on a piece of paper?

>Couldn't I just write it on a piece of paper?
Yea, but punching that in every time to view your balance is a pain in the ass.
There's also the risk of a keylogger recording your strokes.
I copy and paste it when I decrypt it, and have never been hacked. But the masses live with viruses everyday and don't realize it.

I ran malwarebytes and have 0 viruses detected. Am I safe?

>I ran malwarebytes and have 0 viruses detected. Am I safe?
Probably not.
But in all seriousness. It depends.

If you are on windows and take your security seriously, you are probably fine.
If you are on mac you are safer than windows, because fewer viruses are made.
If you are on linux you are safest because only autists use it, and hackers won't waste energy making viruses for it. You can still get hacked if you do stupid shit, but there's less chances given there's less viruses.

Rumor:"#Coinbase founder Brian Armstrong arrested at his appartment in San Francisco"

not him but the answer is no, pay your capital gains tax and stop asking

z e r o s y m p a t h y

>founder of jewbase lives in apartment
disgusting.