Prussia thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Homage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Laughing at your life

it's hilarious how prussia is basically just poland today

>losing in 9 months is the same as losing in 19 days

It was always Poland.

It literally grew on Polish lands. Greater Poland made Prussia into a powerhouse.

Fuck Prussia. Fucking parasitic state that grew out of Polish territories and started countless wars thanks to centuries of brainwashing Germans into blind obedience to the state and fanatical militarism.

We can all agree Prussia was amazingly A E S T H E T I C, though, right?

Germans, Dutch, Poles and Balts fucking each other couldn't possibly form anything good.

I mean, just look at this handsome Kaiser!

Prussia is not the entirety of Germany. Ever since Germany unified France has not been able to win against them.

I would say you're wrong about that

at least in part

The Prussian

Changing mindset (around 1800 cosmopolitan, around 1848 [classical] liberal, now Bismarckian, almost without a mind for his past phases)
Lacking a historical sense
Strength in abstraction

Peerless in orderly execution
Obeys the rules
Strength in dialectics
Great skill in precise expression
More consequential.

Self awareness
Apparently manly
Reduces everything to function
Asserts and justifies himself
Self-righteous, pretentious, patronising
Strives towards crises
Wants to be right
Inability to identify with others

Appreciated character
Every single individual is carrier of a piece of authority
Nerdy
Business comes first
Hard exaggeration

The Austrian

Traditional mindset, stable throughout the centuries

Possesses historical instinct
No mind for the abstract
Faster in comprehension

Acts according to morals/customs
Rejects dialectics
More balance

Greater ability to find his place in daily life
Self-irony
Pretends to be retarded
Twists everything to be about social things
Prefers to remain imprecise/uncertain

Coy, vain, witty

Avoids crises
Casual
Identifies with others to the point of lacking character
Everything is an act
Every single individual is carrier of a whole humanity
Gluttonous
Private matters first
Ironical to the point where nothing matters

Was Prussian society as autismo full as depicted in the show. As in having to use honorifcs like excellency even if talking to a friend or not being allowed to hug people and only if most do handshakes and the like?

I assume that's the Japanese bleeding through.

are you implying that they acquired the green from poland?

you're flat wrong in that respect

Land they acquired from Poland was bigger than the land they had at the "start"

this one is lame because you could put literally anything there instead of Prussian and it would be the same jo ke.

not like poland is innocent, as during this time they made a grab at russia

Dunno, if you set aside the fact that the show is made in japanese (for obvious reasons), they managed to make an 110 ep series and 60+ extra ep without a single cultural visual japanese influence

>not like poland is innocent, as during this time they made a grab at russia
Source?

>Ever since Germany unified France has not been able to win against them.

Really?
Pic related

>inb4 if you needed allies to win it doesnt count

Fine with me, but then it means Britain has literally never won a war in Europe for its entire history

surely you've heard of the false Dimitris?

The difference is that France was saved by her allies. Britain never needed saving.

>Russia

Truly, a masterpiece.
I do think, though, that a bit of that extreme respect is just Jap bleeding through.

Brandenburg was the real origin of Prussia. Prussia benefited the most from Silesia and later the Western German provinces, greater Poland was a shithole that had to be build up by Prussia but always remained poorer than the rest.

More than half of that was ceded to Russia in 1815

>Brandenburg was the real origin of Prussia. Prussia benefited the most from Silesia and later the Western German provinces, greater Poland was a shithole that had to be build up by Prussia but always remained poorer than the rest.
No, it was Ducal Prussia, created by Poland at the end of Polish-Teutonic war of 1500.

Brandenburg is Brandenburg, Prussia is Prussia. Don't confuse two different things, it's not fucking EU game.

The capital was Berlin and the duchy of Prussia was less important than Brandenburg in terms of population. The whole state was just called Prussia because that way the elector of Brandenburg could call himself king. Were he allowed to call himself king of Brandenburg then the whole state would have beared that name.

Why did they keep the name "Prussia" after the HRE was abolished?
Why not "Kingdom of Brandenburg"?

You're wrong.

Brandenburg has nothing to do with Prussia before 1500, because Prussia doesn't fucking exist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Homage
This is begining of Prussia.

It's the beginning of the Duchy of Prussia (as a region, Prussia already existed before that). However, if we're talking about the kingdom of Prussia (and people usually do talk about it as it's much more important), then the origins of that state are in Brandenburg. The Duchy of Prussia was merely a moderately important territory that was acquired by Brandenburg.

How could Brandenburg call itself "Prussia" if it didn't even had historical Prussia aka Duchy of Prussia in its borders?

It didn't. It was Brandenburg, up to the time when it gained Duchy of Prussia, the real Prussia.

You know, Prussia has a double sense. The region Prussia (composed of dukal and royal Prussia, later East and West Prussia) and the kingdom of Prussia. The latter is basically just Brandenburg + the territories it acquired (Pomerania, Kleve, Silesia, Prussia etc.). Prussia was just one region in the kingdom of Prussia, and not exactly the most important one. The whole state was just named Prussia because that way it could become a kingdom - it was not possible to proclaim oneself king of Brandenburg because of HRE issues.

Pre 30 years war Brandenburg/Prussia was a smelly Habsburgesque entity focussed primarily on marriage to secure there natural borderless patchwork Electorate, riding Habsburg dick in order to get protection from the Empire.

Post 30 years war Prussia is the Prussia we all know and love. Whatever choice of name they had before this is pretty much a moot point.

>Britain never needed saving.

We (Americans) saved their sorry ass in WW2
You're welcome Europe

We (Europoops) made your country. You are welcome North America

>we

and what are you?

British?

My forebears made this country, from their toil and blood, hacking out the wilderness, making civilization form out from the ether.

>but then it means Britain has literally never won a war in Europe for its entire history
you make it sound like Britain ever won a war in Europe on ist own. tbt they can only successfully wage war against tribes several eras behind their own era.

I don't see how this is bad.
We're a European country, in every way but geologically, along with Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

*geographically, sorry.

geological is accurate as well

What are "guns"? Are you telling me there were 12,000 french soldiers at Prenzlau but only 12 of them had guns? Did the rest just fight with sword-bayonets or what?

I think "guns" means cannons.
Though I am not sure.

Yeah, it's cannons
They're often refered to as "guns" for Napoleonic Era battles

>as during this time they made a grab at russia
>false Dimitris
>during this time
So, 200 fucking years earlier?
Also, even then it is wrong, as Poland officialy didn't take part in false Dmitriys thing. They came later, won, and didn't take any land.

>greater Poland was a shithole that had to be build up by Prussia but always remained poorer than the rest.
Source, as Prussians did think otherwise