Was Ivar the Boneless really a cripple? Latin records may have been mistranslated, as the latin "exos"...

Was Ivar the Boneless really a cripple? Latin records may have been mistranslated, as the latin "exos", meaning "boneless", was very similar to the latin "exosus", meaning hateful. What's your take on this, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvGWM3Lw5RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't matter anymore.

Viking show made him a cripple and impotent. Everyone will remember him like that now.

What else is 'beinlausi' supposed to mean?

flexible is one theory, like made of rubber

it's a nickname, it could have meant anything

I'm sure they called fat guys john "little" smith for instance
maybe he was double jointed
he could have been a cripple
...maybe he couldn't get it up

Has anyone seen the documentary where a crippled person suffering from a disease that made him tiny and removed most of his limbs claimed Ivar was like him?

youtube.com/watch?v=qvGWM3Lw5RA
This one?

when will they learn?

my brain is telling me he was carried about on a shield

Sad, but true.

This. The nickname "boneless" was a way of saying that he was adaptable and cunning.

Maybe that was his nickname because he ordered his wings the same way every time the Vikings went to Buffalo Wild Wings.

LOL

It was probably just a nickname. I know loads of people with nonsensical nicknames.

kek'd

>be born boneless
>just a puddle of flesh on the ground
>no ear bones so deaf
>shield maidens have to chew my food for me
>move around like an amoeba
>lead my army into battle by creeping along the ground and consuming the enemy like the Blob

This is what you get when autists study history and assume everything they read is literal.

>What's your take on this, Veeky Forums?
My take on it is that every fuckin' time someone claims an idea or legend originates in a mistranslation of Latin they turn out to be a massive retard who doesn't even realize other languages exist. Same thing with believing folk etymologies in English, it's one of the fastest ways to prove yourself a mindless mong to educated people.

I thought he was impotent

Well did he historically have any sons?

>not believing in Ivar the Blob

Don't talk that way about Latin or the /pol/tards will hear you

>Ivar Boneless
>impotent
>completely ignoring the Uí Ímhair
You had one job, nitwits.