How different would history have been if a European peasant living in the high middle ages stumbled upon a...

How different would history have been if a European peasant living in the high middle ages stumbled upon a fully-functional M60 general-purpose machine gun with multiple crates of ammunition?

Nothing, it probably would have been jammed with Vietcong mud kek

bump

How much ammo are we talking here? We could go through a lot of peasants and ammo before someone figured out what the fuck was going on...

Couldn't really settle on a number, so just assume a fuck ton.

Depends on how smart he was. Average pesant would turn to banditry and get himself killed after getting immensely drunk and fucking whores. Assuming if course he wasn't the right kind of stupid to shoot his own foot off/render himself deaf/accidentally his family/get killed for witchcraft after the first weapon jam while he was insulting the local lords taste in drapes like a big shot.

Why not an AK so that it will match the era a bit?

I think it'd be more interesting if this scenario was set in the opening days of the neolithic age, right as humans just settled into agrarian lifestyles.

Jam user is probably right, but even if people were able to work out the gas dynamics there are a LOT of concepts building on other concepts here. Add the machining quality we're talking about and I wonder if the bullets might be the biggest breakthrough in the short-term.

I bet the high quality steel would be seen as a gift from god and smelted down to be made into a sword

Or they would see it as a gift from god and some scribes would actually learn how to use it and wield its power to conquer all of France finally

Thats if they're british I suppose

>accurate
kek

>m60
Jams immediately, peasant has it melted down for scrap, acquires new plow.
Peasant is happy. End.

I'm guessing there would be no major changes to history at all.

the peasant would not even know what the ammunition was for, nor how to do anything required to load it, clean it, fix a problem, even if they managed to use it, it would sit at their house, maybe even be used as a tool

[Muffled It Ain't Me in the distance]

HAHAHA.
I have a pic of my Great-granfather in Poland after WW1.
>Him and the lads while in the fields found two ww1 bombs that did not explode.
>One is a blacksmith.
>Takes the explosives of the bombs, cuts them in half.
>Now there are four new water drinking spots for the sheep and the chickens.
>Everybody's happy!

Alright you dumbasses, assume that it came with an instruction manual in their language and they perfectly understood it's functionality and the consequences of using it. You know what OP meant.

Peasants can't read. That manual is now kindling or asswipe.

Imagine it's like those IKEA manuals that explain everything with pictures.

I still don't think your average peasant would be all that bloodthirsty. If anything, he would probably use it to threaten/abdicate the feudal lord, start a commune, etc.

Isn't being leaps and bounds beyond the other guy all for the sake (on some level) of peace?

Asswipe and kindling

IT DEPENDS ON IF IT WAS A MODERN WEAPON SENT FROM THE FUTURE OR AN IDENTICAL WEAPON LEFT FROM AN ADVANCED EARLY CIVILISATION THAT COLLAPSED

Jams, peasant melts it down.