You will never be a glorious Redcoat collapsing line after treacherous line of cowardly continental rebel scum as your...

>you will never be a glorious Redcoat collapsing line after treacherous line of cowardly continental rebel scum as your seasoned cavalry charge through their disorganized ranks of inexperienced regulars and cut them down mid-retreat like a hot blade through marmalade

How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_O'Hara
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution#American_alliances_after_1778
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice to exist in reality.

Better dead than red.

I'd rather have the green coat and rifle of the men in the unit Sean Bean led in that tv series he was in.

This pic you posted is Peter Woodward, playing as Charles O'Hara in The Patriot
Let's see what Charles O'Hara us known for

>General Charles O'Hara (1740 – 25 February 1802) was a British military officer who served in the Seven Years' War, American War of Independence, and French Revolutionary War, and later served as Governor of Gibraltar.

>During his career O'Hara personally surrendered to both George Washington and Napoleon Bonaparte.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_O'Hara

Damn, I wish I was British

>choosing dull, bland overhyped 95th rifles

5th Battalion 60th Rifles are far more interesting.
More eye catching uniform, more interesting membership (Swiss, Polish, Dutch, Germanic jagers under British command), and were in the Penninsula for far longer.

Plus if you're talking about Sharpe, Captain Frederickson (a captain of the 5/60th) was a far more interesting character

i don't know what makes anglos this delusional, the brittish empire was just a more succesful, yet infinetly more abhorrent, portugal

kek

>Birtbongs bragging about a war they lost

Some things never change.

B T F O
T
F
O

>mfw disgusting english """""army""""" near me

>g
>c
>l

>fight cowardly continental rebel scum
>lose
>"Great" Britain

>Captain Frederickson

>Men are dirty Sir, rifles are clean.
>You don't give a damn do you Frederickson? No Sir, I just do my duty Sir.
>A fellow from the artillery gave me a law book to wipe my arse with..........but I read it instead.

Based Sweet William.

Nonsense.

Because France was threatening the English caribean colonies, Great Britain chose to keep its plantations filled with black people.

Thing about that. They cared about keeping their black people more than uppity rich white men who didn't want to pay legal taxes.

>ywn embarrass a superpower, causing them to be butt blasted just by your country's existence for two centuries now

No, they wanted a source for raw materials more than a destination for finished goods.
The Thirteen Colonies developed as an independent market. Pretty much everything south of that was just economically exploited in a way that would be seen in Africa later on.

But seriously if it wasn't for the fact the French King was Autistic and bankrupted his nation (leading to the French Revolution) to help the Colonists then the British would have won hands down.

Also, the USA refused to pay the debts owned back to Revolutionary France because...

what the fuck are you trying to say here?
are you retarded?

Out fucking played

No. The British realized, the French navy and army could seize their Caribbean Colonies.

That's why they made peace because it would really hurt their purse if the lost their sugar industry.

>Later, Spain (in 1779) and the Dutch (1780) became allies of the French, leaving the British Empire to fight a global war alone without major allies, and requiring it to slip through a combined blockade of the Atlantic. The American theater thus became only one front in Britain's war.[51] The British were forced to withdraw troops from continental America to reinforce the valuable sugar-producing Caribbean colonies, which were considered more important.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution#American_alliances_after_1778

It makes me feel glad

The French didnt bankrupt their nation to free America.
They bankrupted their nation through general extravagant spending and imperial ventures. Helping American independence was just one theater in the duel between Britain and France.

It makes me feel like I live in the country that won, Nigel.

I actually didn't know that. America would've really been fucked if the Brits hadn't managed to piss everyone off.

>british
>skittish

The French would have been enough to secure victory anyway