Which religion do you believe in?

Which religion do you believe in people of Veeky Forums ?
Why do you believe in it?
And why do you think that it is the right/superior religion then any other

OP here

Atheists are of course welcome also.

I am a Disciple of The Amazing Dildoni.

I have beheld His Glourie.

All other chodely ways are as dust.

I have this weird on and off relationship with Christianity.

Atheist. Nothing compelling throws me into any particular camp, and I'd feel pretty retarded just to arbitrarily pick whatever faith sounded cool and then convince myself to believe in it (which is what most retards who convert from atheism to religion do).
If you're born and raised into a religion, I get it. If you convert into one after adulthood and don't have a good reason you're a living breathing meme.

>Which religion do you believe in people of Veeky Forums ?
I follow a (somewhat) henotheistic form of the Roman-Hellenic religion.
It is centered around worship of Sol Invictus and incorporates many elements of Neo-Platonism, Gnosticism and Zoroastrianism.

>Why do you believe in it?
A personal religious experience.

me too, man

>A personal religious experience.

what possible experience would direct you towards being an actual roman pagan besides a strong desire to be a faggot?

Wanna know this too desu

Atheist here but each has nice parts to live by and keep as general life advice.

Christ is my God and I'll serve Him forever, tb.h

Do you anons want something explained? I'm ready to help and I'm sure there's other Christians here, as well.

smells like larping

I believe that Gods die when they are worshipped.

Then you should know icons and idoltary is sinning. Literally only orientation that follows the Bible is Calvinists. Calvinists are the real christians if they would just stop beleiving in that pre destination shit

I'm Roman Catholic, I was born into the faith and when I was a teenager I was having doubts over the faith but the more I thought, prayed, and looked into it the more it maid sense.

Atheists and Protestants shouldn't be welcome, desu.

It occurred while I was following a hiking trail.
I had just reached the peak of the mountain that it lead up.
When I was (what I can only describe as) 'hit' by the rays of the sun.
I was knocked to my feet.
While I was on the ground, I was granted a brief glimpse of Gnosis.
I only awoke several hours later, after the sun had gone down past the horizon.

I know it is maybe not the most exciting story of religious discovery.
But it is important to me.

>smells like larping
I would describe religious 'larping' as attempting to revive a dead religion (Asatru-ism for example).
The faith that I practice, while derived from Roman religion; Is a distinct entity from it.

>Protestants
Because they can prove that you pray to idols and make up your own laws then follow the Holy Bible?

Catholicism and Orthodoxy is just larping

>started worshipping the sun after suffering a heat stroke

>icons and idoltary
Nobody prays to the icons, lad. They're here to help us visualize Christ's life and suffering (and therefore the love he has for us) while on Earth.

>Calvinists are the real christians

You must be joking. What specific Calvinist doctrines make you think this?

Same. God bless, brother.

None of us pray to idols, we only pray to God.

you just fainted, fatass.

There's no way this isn't a troll post.

>failed to link the right post
>then instead of than
>MUH IDOLS
Fucking Protestants.

Buddhism is pretty close to what I think is right. Ultimately I think religion should be an individual endeavor to solidify a moral code and apply it to everyday life, so there really is no correct answer. Those who blindly follow a religion would do well to examine their conscience and think more introspectively.

You literally think Jesus was a white Nordic man with blue eyes dont you?

I belive in greek mytologia.
Cause it's badass and true

Are you blind or retarded?

At least choose something real badass like Norse. Odin >>>>> Zeus

>implying im a christian
>tfw a non-christian knows more about Christianity then a actual christian

Kek, Odin live on earth, and who care about Zeus when you belive in primordial divinity like Nyx ( Zeus is scared about Nyx )

No, I don't. Like I said, visualizing Christ helps us with our prayer life. That's why some cultures portray Him with Asian, African or European features.

>worshipping the sun
I do not worship the sun.
I acknowledge it as a physical manifestation of Sol Invictus in our material world.
Because of this, I direct worship at the sun in a similar manner to how Orthodox Christians may venerate an icon or relic.

I would encourage you to attempt to learn about a theology before criticizing it.

>suffering a heat stroke
I did not suffer from a heat stroke.
The temperature was mild, I was well hydrated, the trail was quite an easy walk and I was wearing plenty of sun protection.
I was perfectly fine until the rays of the sun at peak of the mountain hit me.

Also, fainting from heat stroke does not tend to cause people to wake up with repetitively complete cosmologies and theologies in their heads.

You're in a thread full of people who ironically converted to Eastern Orthodoxy because they played EUIV, everything in this thread is a troll post.

Madeburg never happened but I wish it did. 14/88 gas the protestants religious war now

Ahem.. it was CKII

I was under the impression that was due to elements of /pol/ attempting to present Orthodoxy as an 'uncucked' version of Christianity.

I was unaware that a pretty all-around shit Grand-Strategy game could wield do much influence.

Ásatrú because why not

I have a strange relationship with Catholicism. It's the church nearest my heart and I think it is a great source of good in the world. I even try to live my life as a good Catholic should. But I have too many disagreements with Catholic doctrine to actually call myself a Catholic.

Nah, Orthodoxy's influence on Veeky Forums is because of the tireless efforts of our very own Constantine, who revealed to us the sacred mysteries of Hypostatic Union's less obvious corollaries.

I guess I'm a pseudo Jew for the lack of a better word. Like i believe in God in a very christian sense and follow most of Jesus' teaching. I just have huge doubts about him being God's child in a literal sense. I honestly doubt god would ever impregnate anyone. I also don't pay attention to the bible in a set in stone type of way, because it is a purely human interpretation of something greater then we can comprehend.

I'm a Taoist.

Christian-Zoroastrian

Sounds like Arianism senpai

that's probably how litterally at least a hundred of sun cults started along the ages

>Odin live on earth
no, he lives in Asgard [spoiler]havent you watched thor?[/spoiler]
Also, Zeus does lives on earth, in the top of totally climbeable mountain and no one ever bothered in cheking if there was anything up there

Honestly, I feel like I've become a religious psychonaut after I read Carl Jung.

It's like I can see patterns of deep meaning in all religions.

So, honestly, I have no idea OP.

Kabbalah

the patrician's Judaism

You're not the only one, m8.

Catholic with a bit of Kabbalahs influence tossed in there as well.

Mormonism.

A friend of mine is a Mormon (from Canada).
He moved to Utah to "be closer to the geological centre of [his] faith".
I went to one of his church events once when we were kids. Nice people, albeit they seemed somewhat closed-minded.

>Bottom row, third symbol
I've never met a Jain.

I believe that there was once truth in the books that nowadays compose the bible, but as foretold the laws were changed along with doctrines so only elect few that travel the earth know whats up.
I dont believe in jesus or giving the other cheek but rather in salvation in God alone and in eye for an eye.

also, through personal experience I've come to believe that some elements that could be confounded with eastern mysticism were present in the original religion, things like white dots in the spirit or meditation exercises.

What in the absolute fuck?

On and off Pantheist

I'm a jew

I dunno how to explain it, perhaps it's only I'm still young and stupid.

I believe in a God/pantokrator than made it all, but I don't belive he cares for humans. Some other forms of more powerful entities, call them devas/angels/demons than are the basis for lots of legends, I believe in them too, perhaps they even uplifted us from Monkeys or played with our ancestors or even today people, there are too many legends to ignore the possibility.
About dead and other plans of existence, I would like it to exist, but I don't really believe in it. I'm culturally christian and it's the basis for my believes, but really my belives are a mess and I tend to adopt things from anywhere for my morals.

Apatheism.
Seems the most logical.
See above.

However, I grew up Catholic and unlike a lot of other people converted to irreligion, I think for better or worse, religion has been a driving force throughout much of human history.

I'd be cautious about saying that society breaks down because more people are becoming atheists since the current situation is muddied with many other issues like the economy and that very few things are being invented now that really transform society. Compared to industrial revolutions throughout the world over the course of the 19th and 20th century.

Maybe we'd benefit from a common the development of a common nontheist religion.

I am atheist, but let's say that thare is a god. How could I deduce his nature? Does anyone have any proof that substantiates the creed in the Judeo-Christian god?

Christianity:

It aligns most closely with the moral law that is self evident in all people, it produces seers and faith healers, and there is simply no other historically reasonable explanation of the creation of Christianity other than the ressurection of Jesus Christ.

I would imagine that such a nature would be impossible to comprehend fully. I mean, say religion is a lie and all those religious stories are actually the product of aliens. I think it would be impossible to comprehend their power and nature, so why should we expect to understand the nature of something with the power to create universes on a whim?

Raised Catholic and still...kinda Catholic I suppose? I feel good when I occasionally go to Mass by myself and lose the modern world in the whole mystical symbolism of it.
But I'm really into Buddhism and believe in reincarnation and generally find Buddhism far more logical. Meditating at an 8th century temple here in Korea is quite the experience.
And I'm into Taoism a bit too, if I may be lewd here then learning some Taoist sexual practices has payed off amazingly..
Personally I sorta buy into the theory that Jesus may have visited India or Afghanistan and learned some Buddhism or been influenced by its circulation around the Greek world from Bactria.
Plus I wanna get into Kabbalah.
I guess all of this makes me a sort of pantheist? I think every religion has some divine essence (except Islam desu).

agnostic but kind of a catholic-muslim or muslim-catholic

dead serious too

Yep.

Thou Art God Brother

Alcoholics Anonymous

Taoist sex? Sounds interesting.

Im a Protestant who believes Christians need to more or less unite to fight for the basic truths we all understand. Once we get someone to accept Christianity we can then expose them our cross-denomination dialogues to allow them to figure out which makes most sense to them. I think true Christians in any church are saved, I just think there are fewer true Christians in the Catholic church, mostly because I was raised Catholic and met them. But just by believing in the sacraments doesnt make you damned. I think all denominations need to "crack down" though and expressly tell people in their churches that "no, jesus is god, no, he wasnt super nice and tolerant, no, he wasnt just enlightened, and yes, you HAVE to go to church."

I believe in Roman Catholicism. I believe its Doctrine is the perfect mix of perennial traditionalism and unique spiritual truths.

Deist desu

There is an omnipotent, eternal creator which will never be fully comprehensible to humans, but I don't think the creator directly involved or interested in our lives. I don't believe in an afterlife either.

None. Because the idea of a god (in the western sense at least) is laughable.

>>Everything protestant-tier (protties, 'Murican protties, Bible seekers, restorationists etc.)

Exodus, chapter 37.
tl;dr God openly and directly commanded his temples to look like that. Sorry.

Thelema
Uttara Kaula Trika
Vajrayana
Traditional Witchcraft
Afro-Carib Diaspora Religions
Ophitism

Abrahamic religions are fucking OP.

I like Christianity for its stance on the soul and body. In Christianity, your bodily desires are good things, but they can be corrupted. This is different from some religions where the goal is to get away from desires.

That post was just some trolling. Look at the tripcode, it's different from the real Constantine's.

What do you like about Islam?

I don't know anything about it, so I'm genuinely curious.

Former Episcopal Protestant converting to Eastern Orthodoxy. I had always been a faithful christian but I never really looked into the doctrinal differences between churches. When I did, I found out that our previous head of the Episcopal church said that Jesus is not the only way to salvation among other heretical doctrines.

what about ascetic practices?

Confucianism

I am an atheist, I myself am a religious naturalist who values life as his central deity and doesn't subscribe to any organized religion.
But I do belive the Jains to be fundementaly right, the same beliefs as mine but interpreted through the eyes of ancients who did not know the world from the perspective of modern science. That explains how they believe in a body-soul duality and I am a monist but we are explaining the same phenomenon, the spark of life, what sets apart the living from the non-living.
The Jains see this too, that we are both right and are explaining the same thing from different perspectives "three blind men try to determine what an elephant looks like, one touches the ass, one touches the thigh and one touches the trunk, they all argue to desribe the elephant from their own point of veiw, which is correct, but they all miss the bigger picture.
This non-absolutism or anventkavada means that any phenomenon can be described from infinite viewpoints.
Other examples of this is the Jains supernatural concept of karma and my naturalistic concept of a 'causal ghost' that each of our actions has a reaction that will effect reality for eternity and thus we must chose our actions wisely, or their reincarnation and my view that death begets new life and our lives are recycled. Our respect for the complexity of living systems. And aparighara.
Jains are sick

Sometimes it's good to practice asceticism so that your desires don't take the place of God in your life. But that doesn't mean desires and fulfillment of those desires are always bad.

In Christianity, when we die we believe we'll get a new uncorrupted body so that we can have desires and fulfill them without it becoming a cause of sin.

>white dots in the spirit or meditation exercises

?

The religious, like the conservative, mostly exist only in an ironic LARP-ey sense online

Ancestor worship is the only valid religion if you're not a mutt.

Eastern Orthodoxy. It's very beautiful and among everything I've looked into, it gives the most satisfying answers to my questions. I find the arguments for Eastern Orthodoxy over Oriental Orthodoxy or Catholicism to be convincing as well.

>Atheism
>religion

sounds interesting

none.
I beleive atheism is the best belief to be.
Religions are by design flawded.

Hinduism.

>best belief
Atheism is not belief, it's disbelief.

That would be agnostism m8.

I personally don't have doubt god is man made creation in the same way feeries, trolls, djins and mythological creatures are.

btw I'm agnostic, but I would prefer atheism before religion if I had to choose between them.

>atheism
>lack of belief that God or gods exist
>disbelief in the existence of God or gods
>agnostic
>a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God

>lack of belief that God

A lack a belief in something that can be proven is still a belief since you can't objectively prove that this something that doesn't exist doesn't exist.

PRAISE JEEBUS

I believe in a god and an afterlife, I would not be able to tell you what either of those are

>When I was (what I can only describe as) 'hit' by the rays of the sun. I was knocked to my feet.

You're like a reverse Saint Paul or something.

Why?