How much WAVES am I going to need to retire in a few years user?

How much WAVES am I going to need to retire in a few years user?

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.pywaves.org/lpos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

14 should do it.

Whats the price prediction ?

I don't know, i've got 100, but it feels a little low

Just one should do it

what's the deal with 'tokens' on waves client? are they supposed to be like trading cards or actually used for something?

tokens = coins
that's the same thing like golem, augur, dgd, gnosis, ... but on waves blockchain instead of ethereum. It's very easy to create, even your mum can do it.

They have to be backed by legit projects to be worth anything. So if you just made a random token "Johnny token" it's worth nothing. If you actually pick waves as a currency for a startup and make "wavetoken" and host a crypto sidechain or an ico for a profit-sharing startup project, then the tokens become much more valuable.

That being said, pointless yet popular coins are worth something. People are willing to actually pay for Veeky Forumsbucks and Veeky Forumscoins so they have started to even command some value on the exchange.

I got free Riptobux airdropped into my Waves wallet today. At least $15 worth.

Still waiting for my 1 btc per Veeky Forumscoin sell order to go through. Someday.

I think even 1 WAVES per Veeky Forumscoin would be pushing it.

I think when they were being issued, it was 10,000 biz bucks for rolling singles and 20,000 for dubs and so on.
TFW I rolled quads on the thread after the tokens were issued.

Just buy what you can afford to. Don't overextend yourself. The gains will be substantial enough.

This, or better yet research newer coins with strong value and fundamentals, then stack up for the long haul.

Waves bouncing back nicely at the moment. Touched $3 again!

Waves barely moved when everything just fucking drop, even bitcoin...

Which one is the best pool to lease your Waves too? I can't seem to find any good comparison online. What pool are you guys using?

dev.pywaves.org/lpos/
Fountain Perpetua is the biggest node that gives you 100% of your rewards.

There's a list of waves ppol on their community wabsite wavescommunity.com

Thanks user

Waves is becoming too centralized. The three largest pools have way more than 51% of the mining power. What surprises me even more is that there's very little discussion of this issue.

I don't think anyone's worried since trust in the governance of the project is really high, fixing this would be as simple as adding a limit to pool size

What if someone made a 'mining pool' of fullnodes with a sort of multicast loadbalancing address that people can lease to, which then leases to a random node in the pool?

I guess it would be better if the waves wallet/protocol had an option to distribute your lease funds equally to all the nodes on the network, as long as they all paid 100% of your rewards. But there will always be nodes who one up the standard so they can get more money to fund their faucets and generate ad revenue. So the loan-to-individual-node system would have to be gotten rid of and entirely replaced with the distributed egalitarian one.

It's still a problem though. The word "trust" does not belong in any discussion of concurrency.

Simplest thing to do would be to modify the protocol so that any node that mines more than 5% of the blocks is capped to no more than 5% of the rewards generated. The problem would then take care of itself as people would leave the larger pools for smaller ones.

Of course then you run into another problem. The Waves network doesn't generate enough in fees to cover server and administration costs for a large number of pools. That's one of the disadvantages of having zero block rewards for mining.