Was this guy the only scandinavian philosopher? At least the only noteworthy?

Was this guy the only scandinavian philosopher? At least the only noteworthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Henrik_von_Wright
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Swedenborg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sounds like Pascal would be proud :^)

That seems like a pretty bad idea given the amount of shit that people can't view objectively.

Yes, born in Norway, studied history and philosophy. Soren Kierkegaard is the only worthnote philosopher. The rest are just authors and political activists...

Is Kierkegaard admitting that God is, objectively speaking, a ludicrous idea?

Descartes died in Sweden. The Moral Error theory's current form originated in Stockholm. They're a few mathematical logicians such as Per Lindstrom from Sweden.

Deep ecology originated in Norway, Arne Naess being responsible for it.

Kierkegaard was Danish, so was Boetius of Dacia.

No one from Finland has in any way contributed to philosophy.

>Norway

>Descartes died in Sweden
I will always find it funny that swedes unintentionally killed Descartes with their inadequate housing.

It was a castle/palace like any other in mainland Europe.

Problem was that Scandinavia is colder than France, and large stone buildings tend to be hard to warm up.

What about Tom of Finland? I appreciate his hedonistic embrace of the male figure.

Hedonism is a philosophy right?

>Norway
Do elaborate

>No one from Finland has in any way contributed to philosophy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Henrik_von_Wright

Yes, but you have to believe in him through the power of the absurd.

>Sweden's contribution to philosophy is that they killed Descartes.
Why am I not surprised?

/thread

This guy: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Swedenborg

the ebtire concept of a god is something that surpasses human logic and therefore can't be understood by us

that's why the whole literal interpretation argument atheists use agaisnt the idea of a god is retarded

>we're beyond logic
>but we can call others illogical though :^)

no

I don't even understand what you're trying to say
who is the "we"
also how does the idea of an illogical being contradict logic

embarrassing quotation.

finland contributed a lot to philosophy in producing the shadowy smug figures that pull the strings that history cannot record.

It only makes sense if you understand Kant's critique of pure reason and how its impossible to know things as they really are but how you can know that there are things that exist that you will never be able to understand or know.

IE you can't understand Kierkegaard without doing a lot of homework.This sentence alone isn't for critique to the uninitiated in philosophy.