Watch tv show about science

>watch tv show about science
>THE CHRISTIANS HATE SCIENCE, HAVE ALWAYS HATED SCIENCE AND WOULD DO ANYTHING TO STAMP IT OUT
>shitty animation of an inquisitor looking mofo cackling and burning books

Okay I've heard conflicting things from multiple sources, so is this just a meme or did the christians try to stamp out science? From what I have read:
- some christians were annoyed, but others found they were even more christian than ever over the Origin of Species, and charles darwin was highly regarded in secular and religious circles alike until his death
- Galileo challenged the church's authority and that got him in trouble more than supporting heliocentric-ism
- screaming "THATS HERESY" at any scientific theory like a blind jabbering retard would likely get nothing accomplished and the best defense for being called a heretic was to call your accuser one

So are these true or are they memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

galileo was kind of an asshole

The Catholic Church funded a lot of scientific endeavors in mathematics and physics. They only had a problem if it conflicted with the status quo/bible

IIRC Galileo's bantz with the Pope just went too far.

>watch Jewish controlled tv
>they disparage Christianity
huh

Fuck off /pol/

it's not even a conspiracy theory, next time you watch a tv show google the producers and count the jewish surnames

The Church supported science until a conflict between research and faith arises. It still happens, today.
see: condoms and the Catholic Church

>History (originally The History Channel from 1995 to 2008) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by A&E Networks, a joint venture between the Hearst Corporation and the Disney–ABC Television Group division of the Walt Disney Company.

>ABC, Inc.[2] DBA the Disney–ABC Television Group[3] (simply Disney–ABC[4]) manages all of The Walt Disney Company's Disney and ABC-branded television properties. The group includes the ABC Television Network (including ABC Daytime, ABC Entertainment, and ABC News divisions), as well as Disney's 50% stake in A&E Television Networks and its 80% controlling stake in ESPN, Inc.

>Ben Sherwood (born February 12, 1964) is a writer, a journalist, and a producer who currently serves as the Co-Chairman of Disney Media Networks, and the President of Disney-ABC Television Group. Sherwood is the former President of ABC News.
>Sherwood was born to a wealthy Jewish family in Los Angeles, California.[1] His mother, Dorothy Lipsey Romonek, was a trustee of the California Institute of the Arts. His father, Richard E. Sherwood, was a partner in a Los Angeles law firm, and long time leader of the American Jewish Committee. [2][3][4][5]

>Historical discussions should be focused on past events, and not their contemporary consequences.
>Blatant racism and trolling will not be tolerated, and a high level of discourse is expected.
>please reference credible source material

>implying correlation = causation
>implying all jews hate all goyim desu
>implying hollywood isn't already full of people leery of christianity
>implying "jewish" surnames weren't specifically adopted to help them blend in with similarly named germans
>implying jews never go by last names that dont look jewish

Name 5 shows where this has happened.

>everything I don't like is /pol/

Have fun being banned.

>retards happen to be largely /pol/
>flat earth threads only happen on /pol/
>pedophelia defense threads only happen on /pol/
>retard conveniently ignores this

>Kurt Patrick Wise (born 1959) is an American young earth creationist who serves as the Director of Creation Research Center at Truett McConnell University. He has a PhD in geology from Harvard University. He is known for his writings in support of creationism as well as his work for the Creation Museum.

>As a sophomore in high school, he took a newly purchased Bible and a pair of scissors and cut out every verse which could not be interpreted literally if scientific determinations on the age of the earth and evolution were true. He pursued this task with a flashlight under the covers of his bed for several months; at the end, he had removed so much material that "with the cover of the Bible taken off, I attempted to physically lift the Bible from the bed between two fingers. Yet, try as I might, and even with the benefit of intact margins throughout the pages of Scripture, I found it impossible to pick up the Bible without it being rent in two."

Fun fact: Jews, unlike Christians, are not obligated to drink gallons of sperm directly from the Son of Man's cock on a daily basis.

To many Jews, he was just a heretic who got his comeuppance, and they like to avoid being reverent of Jesus because to do otherwise is literally a sin.

But just because they don't like Jesus doesn't mean that they can't be tolerant of or even like Christians.

You've mistaken your fantasies for theology.

t. weasel like

And this is why nobody get along. There is no respect anymore. And thats ok, I kinda got sick of it all. Fuck this world.

The catholic church used to be besties with science UNTIL science got advanced enough to prove that most of what the church had been teaching was bullshit. This kind of took the church by surprise because they legitimately thought that scientific thought would prove them right, not wrong. They kind of reacted badly.

They all true, but also a memes.

The Catholic Church wasn't that bad, American Protestantism is where Christianity went full retard with respect to science and is probably why the meme survives.

>>flat earth threads only happen on /pol/
They also happen on Veeky Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro

This.

Friendly reminder that the church hated Galileo because he gave knowledge of the world to peasants who couldn't find a balance between the obvious conclusion that we are literal specks, and that we are truly gifts from God Himself. It was for our own good.

>Jewish comedian mocks German scientist

Really makes you think.

>German
Go ahead and say it: Nazi.

Lutheran.

Christians like science as much as the next man. There are exceptions of those denying dinos, evolution etc. But no, the proper, non wacko Christians (the opposite of which have a large concentration in the US, though they are affecting some super duper low churches in the UK) love science. In fact, the Big Bang theory was developed by a Catholic priest and his buddies.

On the other hand, Feynman.

this quote is better to support aliens than say anything against religion

source: your ass

>Galileo challenged the church's authority and that got him in trouble more than supporting heliocentric-ism
I'm not sure where I read this so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought he slept with the Pope's daughter or niece or something.

1, everything evil Christianity is blamed for comes from the Catholic Church.

2, Christianity is the only religion whose teachings encouraged its followers to challenge and scrutinize it for historical and scientific accuracy. The "it's all faith-based" meme has to go

Don't forget Mendel, Lemaitre, and newton (though honestly Newton was a kook and may have been an Aryan).

So he's got a doctoral thesis and nothing else.

>everything evil Christianity is blamed for comes from the Catholic Church.
The Crusades and what else?

What else you got? Using religion to manipulate the masses and proffit. Book burning. Molestation scandals are often used as an argument against religion in general

>Using religion to manipulate the masses and proffit.
Old as time, there's even an Aesop's fable about it.
>book burning
Off the top of my head, there's a Chinese emperor did this trying to get rid of Confucianism around like 200 AD or so.
>molestation scandals
As long as a hierarchy gives old men any amount of power it will inevitable lead to this.

Can't see how you can pin all these on the Catholic Church.

You can when Christianity. People put blame for all of those things on Christianity in general when only Catholicism specifically is guilty of them ( as far as Christians go)

>
Friendly reminder that the church hated Galileo because he gave knowledge of the world to peasants who couldn't find a balance between the obvious conclusion that we are literal specks, and that we are truly gifts from God Himself. It was for our own good.
Read a book faggot

>Using religion to manipulate the masses
Fuck off Karl

>You can when Christianity.

Using speech to text, my point was clear though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#United_States