Let's have it anons

Let's have it anons

What should I get with this month's paycheck?

ETH or BTC?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/392/how-can-i-get-a-geth-node-to-download-the-blockchain-quickly
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ETH

ok ok sorry I forgot to add

it's more than a poll, some reasoning behind your choice would make for a better point

Etc

Fuck you nigga ETH

how about you look at any of the 5 million threads where people explain why you should stay clear of shitcoins and why ETH is the future.

eth

btc literally about to tank, so if you wait for a 50% correction you're good for that too

ETC.

because most threads have this kind of """""explanations"""""

but now that you mention it I dunno why I thought this thread would be any different so I guess I'll just 50/50 as usual

I somehow forgot most people on this board are < 20

welp, goodbye thread

I shove all my cash into ethereum tbqh

its too late to buy into bitcoin now, the train has left

only early adopters and millionaires cares about bitcoin, its just too expensive to buy into

nigga what does the price have to do with anything?

if they would both grow at the same rate, you'd increase your holdings by the same amount regardless of which coin you get

>you put $100 into BTC
>you put $100 in ETH
>they both go up by let's say 50% after a month
>now you have $150 worth of BTC
>now you have $150 worth of ETH
how would either have anything over the other?

ok so to not confuse you, it's more a matter of which has a better growth potential than the other in the next let's say 3 months
>I'm going to get autistic screeching about """""better technology""""" again

GNT or ETH

Do like 2/3rds into ETH and 1/3 into BTC

>discussing valuation
>better technology is autistic screeching
Veeky Forums - Business & Finance

claiming better technology without really understanding jack shit about it is not considered a good point in my book, no

without any real basis behind that statement it means just as much as the idiotic "it will crash this weekend" "it will be $500 by tomorrow" lines that you like so much

what's better technology?
does it have stronger security? how does it have stronger security?
does it scale better? would that actually help it get into regular day usage?
I can bet you way more people have heard of BTC than of ETH, and for that reason most stores would be much more willing to allow BTC payments over ETH

which could also mean ETH will come out stronger if given enough time
but it could also mean that ETH just won't make it in time if the people behind it are business idiots, and investors would lose interest before it gets "big" enough (for (You))

so now go back and find some other witty 2 line >green text

Decred, you'll thank me later.

WHY NOT BOTH?

BTC to 13800$
ETH to 1444$

screencap this.

Here's what just happened
>discussion of valuation
>you state that discussion and comparison of tech == autistic screeching
>I mock you for this
>you strawman my argument in your opening line by adding the modifier "without really understanding jack shit about it", and you use this to go completely off the rails
>you follow up with "find some other witty 2 line >green text" and post a smug jpg
golf clap, u r smart, congrats wow

This is taking forever to sync! I need to check my wallet but can't until it has the current transactions.

Look here
ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/392/how-can-i-get-a-geth-node-to-download-the-blockchain-quickly

If you're downloading from scratch, do
geth --fast --cache=1024

Thanks. I don't want to start from scratch though. Also, I installed "mist" instead of "geth". but it looks like the exact same program? How strange.

ran:
mist --cache=2048 --jitvm

I would jizz myself if I was able to cash out on ETH for $40k

weird, looking at my process list, it is that mist launches geth with --fast and --cache 1024. and it is using 4GB of my RAM. so I guess it is just my slow internet that is making this take long