Why did tricolor flags become a meme? They are ugly as fuck

Why did tricolor flags become a meme? They are ugly as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pnv5iKB2hl4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_(heraldry)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because liberal regimes are inherently uncreative. America is the exception, as the Stars and Stripes is nice looking.

>America is the exception, as the Stars and Stripes is nice looking.
[THIS IS WHAT AMERICANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE]

Best looking flag is Kazakhstan.

How you interpreted "nice looking" (which it is) to "the best looking flag" is a mystery.

FUCK OFF, RETARD.

youtube.com/watch?v=pnv5iKB2hl4

The Stars and Stripes are pretty aesthetic, idk what you're on about

But Macedonia is best flag

>1 minute in
>calls Canadian flag "well designed"

Fucking dropped

>when your city flag is actually good
feels good man

Horrid

>7776
so close

Buenos Aires city flag is pretty good senpai
Hapsburg eagles are a e s t h e t i c as fuck

>well designed flag

>shows the eternal leaf

TRASHED!

Except the flag is so good that it's firmly implanted in your memory to evoke such an emotion.

looks irish

nice singles

Yeah because they stole it from the Greek's during their aesthetic prime

lowkey
wannabe
swastika

Best looking flag. Don't even bother debating it.

Design by committee.

Eventually someone's just going to throw up their hands and say, "You know what? Fuck you guys, we'll never agree. We'll just rearrange three colored stripes in a way no one else has beat us to and that's that!"

It's like when you and your friends can't decide where to get dinner, except you embarrass your entire nation until its next violent revolution.

serbian flag has an addition
a twoheaded eagle with a crown over his heads

in front of the tricolor meme

>"best looking flag"
>about a fourth of the flag is another state's flag

yeah ok dundee

Tbh the first version of stars and stripes was decent, then they had to go and ruin it by adding more stars.

How come nobody ITT actually answer the question? It's pretty obvious, the tricolors were originally naval flags because they're easily identified, the Netherlands started that trend. You won't be able to recognize ten trillion gorillion elaborate coats of arms on the open sea, so tricolors made it easy.

The Netherlands (also known as the true heir of the Frankish Empire) had the first tricolor. It was beautiful orange white blue ( later redwhiteblue). Then Russia under Peter the Great copied the Redwhiteblue from the Netherlands, as he admired the Netherlands and the Dutch golden age.

When the Soviet Union fell apart all the european countries took their pan-slavic colors, with a tricolor( based of the Russian flag).

Also the flag of Francia.

All the posts ITT are bullshit. They developed from European heraldry. See:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_(heraldry)

correction all the posts except for , although I would like to see a source for his claim.

>share the same flag with an african country named "Chad"
my country's shit

Bitch please

>Imperial japanese Vergina Sun
>Red and Yellow
>best flag
>implying the rising sun flag and the original vergina sun aren't better than this bootleg version

>red/yellow good
>ever

The country that invented vertical tricolors achieved extraordinary feats so it became a symbol

>the Netherlands started that trend

The Netherlands invented tricolors, France made them popular
The Netherlands invented that flag in the 1600s; yet no one else used them until the French Revolution happened and inspired dozens of countries to adopt that kind of flags

only good tricolour is estonia

There is also a symbolic meaning in the use of tricolors as much as I remember from my studies: while most flags represented dynasties, tricolors represented THE people and so it wanted to make a huge rift with the past regime.

Or at least this is one of the interpretations that had been made. I still think that >2199732 has the most appropriate interpretation

Nice

Nationalism

>literally a colonial cuck stamp

personally I think they should go with this

It's about knowing how to mix colours.

GOOD TIER TRICOLOURS:
>France
>Italy
>Estonia
>Netherlands
>Hungary
>Slavic flags (Serbia, Slovenia, etc)
>German Empire
>Bulgaria

ABSOLUTELY SHIT TIER
>Romania
>Belgium
>Germany
>Lithuania
>Ireland (like Italy, but less original and shit-orange)
>bunch of African states
>Afganistan
>maybe other countries I can't think of right now.

Probably tricolours were the quick and dirty solution back then to make people know "Hey, it's those guys" without being creative at all.

Fuck you, at least maybe put some charges on your flag. A saltire, a cross, a star, a crown, shit something. Pic related is one of my favourite flags.

oh boy, seriously? Does that work in your education system, making something up when you have no clue at all?