Shit Degree?

Is a history degree shit? If so/not so, why?

Depends, how you feel about spending rest of your life by flipping burgers at local McDonald's?

Become officer in the military

It's great as long as you're also good at brewing coffee and flipping burgers. A college degree will definitely raise your chances of getting hired at the fast-food restaurant of your choice.

You will be a step ahead of any poor sap who just has a high-school degree.

If you aren't set on STEM or any other "profitable" degrees, than just do what you want and try not to go into debt.

Remember, a bachelors degree today is what a high-school diploma was in the past.

These days they don't just accept anyone with an underwater basket weaving degree.

I'm getting one, plan to be a teacher.

4 years of drinking beer, doing drugs and screwing lots of girls and not having to work with people who were in the military

go for it

Daily reminder that education should be about learning for the sake of knowledge, if you are going to college to learn So you can work for someone else you are a pathetic cuck that can't provide for yourself.

Literally any degree that isn't a business degree is worth it.

If you like something and want to learn about it, then do it.
All degrees are equally shitty.

These fucking idiots.

Do you know who how many CEOs have degrees in the humanities? Nearly all of them. We are your bosses, all the way from management to human resources, to the board. Why? Because we know people, how to talk to people, how to get them to listen to us, and how to listen to them.

Don't believe me about the CEO thing? Go look it up. Go look up how many CEOs (especially the fortune 500) that have degrees in history.

STEM fags want to spend their lives graveling in a lab answering to bosses their entire lives. In humanities, we know how to become the boss.

Those categories are way too broad to be generalized.
There is significant overlap
That overlap is where the smart people are,

Lads, I'm thinking of doing "History, Politics, and Economics" at UCL. Thoughts?

Is it a meme?

>we

Somewhat of a meme.

God tier BA in Geography and pre-med here.

>pre med
Wew, glorified technical school.
Meds never seem to learn anything besides medicine.

What about 'Internation relations and politics' any good?

*International

Will teach you a bunch of bullshit political (naive)realism.
Filled to the brim with dogma, doesn't into systems.

In case of fortune 500 CEO's I think it's more about which university they went in rather than what they studied. Getting in that kind of position is more about making connections and I doubt any degree can really teach that.

Look, you can always do something like Library work with just adding a diploma in it on at the end. It'll be an extra year, but just about every degree can be applied to that field.