Is the fact that Ancient Greece and Rome were like 90% gay proof that homosexuality is a choice?

Is the fact that Ancient Greece and Rome were like 90% gay proof that homosexuality is a choice?

they weren't gay, this is a modern concept. They were bisexual, every man was married to a woman and some had male lovers as well.

As Edward Gibbon mentions, of the first fifteen emperors, "Claudius was the only one whose taste in love was entirely correct", the implication being that he was the only one not to take men or boys as lovers.

Having a weird sexual fetish like being attracted to the same sex or to door knobs or to chairs isn't a choice, you can't help that.

How you act on that fetish and whether or not you put your dick inside a mans anus or a chair or door is entirely a choice.

a)Sorta. See also lesbianism being socially acceptable in Japan, as long as the girls aren't adults.
b)It was more like prison. A hole is a hole, it doesn't matter who you fucked, as long as you were the top, anything else is just asserting dominance and you wanting sex.
If you were the one taking it up the ass, or effeminate in general, though, you were a bitch, and considered worse than a woman, and would get made fun of, forbidden from politics, and other stuff.

Whats often ignored in these threads is that the general body of the people were often very anti homo.

Juvenal despaired about the state of the Priest of Mars walking in procession wearing see-through silks, and wrote about homosexuals as if they were a corruption stemming from poisonous Greek degeneracy.

It would be wrong to assume everybody in Rome saw it as normal.

>Ancient Greece and Rome were like 90% gay
Source please
I always thought that only the upper class was fucking gay.

>ywn put it inna doorknob/chair

Why live?

you're mom's gay faggot

Men were gay back then because womens vaginas stank like shit and rotten fish.

they weren't really gay because they only fucked little boys, and little boys were considered to be feminine

>a e s t h e t i c shotas
sauce

I don't know about the greeks but romans thought that forcing a guy to give you a blowjob was the manliest thing ever

>90% gay

Wew. Did they teach you that in school?

There was no concept of being gay, only being a bottom or top

Joel Jurion

>were like 90% gay
>They were bisexual
these claims, always tossed around yet with no serious proof.
I'm not making an argument from silence here but it just seems like your'e straining the credibility of the authors to which you appeal.

This is still an established practice in Russia. Although its not so much that it makes the aggressor more masculine as it feminises the man who is victimised to the status of faggot.

I think I heard that captured crusaders were orally sodomised by Mamlukes, but that could be propaganda.

Not really. It was the culture they grew up in, so its natural that they were molded psychologically by cope dicked down by the gerontes to the point where it became the norm in Sparta for the woman to shave their head on the wedding night to make consummation easier for the man.

The Kinsey scale isn't static my man. (source: Veeky Forums)

>As Edward Gibbon mentions, of the first fifteen emperors, "Claudius was the only one whose taste in love was entirely correct"
Actually the implication here is that Claudius was 100% homosexual.

>be Claudius
>get cucked by TWO of his wives
>get killed by his forth one

Being straight wasn't a good deal in Ancient Greece/Rome.

>discriminant
couldn't they just have been genetically different?

>forbidden from politics and other stuff
Have you never read any of the classics.
Read Alcibiades, or better yet read the chapters regarding Alcibiades in the hermeneutics of the subject by foucault as he explains it very well. I can't comment on a) but b) is so very wrong.

Who the fuck are you?

They still do. Vags are fucking horrible, whenever someone mentions a cunt I think of that sand monster from Star Wars.

90% is BS, and there's such a thing as "prison gay". At the end of the day a dick just wants some warmth and a bit of friction, if you're horny enough and put yourself in the right mindset you can fuck anything, especially if you're young and able-bodied. So if you live in a culture where male-bonding is highly valued and women are basically chattel, it's not too surprising that there would be a lot of mansex. Homosexuality as we know it is a different phenomenon because it's an attraction to the male form by default, it's an innate preference. No matter what context you throw a homosexual in, they will always prefer to fuck a man.

This.

Trying to not be gay is like trying to get rid of a fetish you have. Does that mean being gay is a fetish? Quite frankly I don't care, it doesn't matter imo. But it does solve the question of choice pretty well.

do I have this right?

greeks and romans fucked little boys, carthaginians killed little boys, and the egyptians were furfags

Homosexuality in ancient times:

An preference and love for the male form as an aesthetic choice, and an admiration of male love and bonding.

homosexuaity in modernity:

Homosexuality as an inversion of the Wests power structures and morality. Rebelling against obsessive biological natalism.

As you can see they are nothing alike.

Men's assholes probably smelled like shit on account of a lack of enemas

And all of these cultures fucked animals too, especially Egypt, where it was used in religious ceremonies.

Not all modern homosexuals are flaming faggots, you know. Some are just regular people who want to have a romantic relationship. Others are attention seeking faggots who want to feel special. Unfortunately they're the most vocal ones.