What was his endgame, Veeky Forums?

What was his endgame, Veeky Forums?
Ruling over the whole world or just to reach the end of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMb77933O40
youtube.com/watch?v=YK4s2Fjefn8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_language
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonian_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonian_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_(ancient_kingdom)
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Map_of_the_Paeonian_Tribes_(English).svg/1280px-Map_of_the_Paeonian_Tribes_(English).svg.png
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Macedonia#Etymology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenic_languages
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He probably wanted to rule the entire world, too bad he couldn't beat Indian Elephants

Alexander was 23 years old when he conquered Persia.

Most 23 year olds don't have an end goal besides "fuck bitches make money". They just assume that they'll be young forever until life bites them hard enough in the ass

When Alexander found out that this was the case, he drank himself to death.

I've read that even if he could beat Indians, the Chinese would have basically BTFO him due to their more advanced technology (crossbows) and differents tactics. Not sure if I 100% agree with this

He wanted to rule the entire world, but he died too early for that

boipucci, like all Greeks.

lmao plebs Alexander didn't want to rule shit. He wanted to fight, the war was his entire reason to live. Fight & Win.

Source: A historic fiction book i read

>Source: A historic fiction book i read
sounds legit

Ruling was a means to an end, he wanted to spread the hellenic civilization and create a prosperous world where cultures wouldn't be destroyed no matter how foreign, but preserved in order to mix together and share ideas and shit. The main reason this didn't work out was because no one but him wanted that feelsbadman.
1 - youtube.com/watch?v=FMb77933O40

2 - youtube.com/watch?v=YK4s2Fjefn8

>china
>winning a war
They would have bent over for the BMC and accepted the new Macedonian dynasty.

Fuck off Alexander, no one here believes your shit.

>he wanted to spread the hellenic civilization
>create a prosperous world where cultures wouldn't be destroyed no matter how foreign, but preserved in order to mix together and share ideas and shit.

He definetly wanted to preserved cultures, he was pretty much an Asianaboo. But what do you means by spreading Hellenic Civilization while preserving cultures?

While the 'barbarians' preserved their culture mostly through folklore, the hellenic civilization provided more means of doing so, such as writing and the raising of badass monuments.

How did he make all those Greeks walk through the searing desert and fight wars for him?

His dad conquered them

Be fucked by his bf.

Oh look its that guy from the "chinks can't make war" thread from yesterday

I think he wanted to reach the end of the world and emulate the and emulate the likes of dionysus and heracles. He liked asian culture but it wasnt a purpose. His empire was secondary to the fact macedon was bankrupt and needed $

delet this they were no homo

China

He defeated every Indian army he faced.

The Macedonians had crossbows too, not to mention a military first mentality that produced an overly powerful military for the size of their nation.

Ruler of the Old World. Had Alexander not died, our 'Roman Empire' would have been the Hellenistic Empire, and at its peak it would've extended from Italy to China, and also include Arabia.

Also if Alexander never existed there would've been no Roman Empire in the first place. He was the example to which Rome got its inspiration and conqueror values, and all the generals such as Julius looked up to him.

t.macedonboo

His solders wouldn't even go past the Hyphasis. How the fuck do you expect to get his army all the way to China? Through what route? The Himalayas? The Tarim Basin? Across the Bengal delta?

All of those routes would attrition Alexander's army hard even disregarding local resistance. Even a modern army would have difficulty making such a march... much less one from 325 BC.

>china
>beating the finest army the world had ever seen
>beating the general who ploughed through Persia on a single campaign

It's more a question if whether the troops would go so far, than whether the chinks would be able to stop him. China was nothing compared to Persia.

also i will kindly attribute this reply as i needed to remove my post to add who i was replying to

We would literally be colonizing Mars by now.

Combine world spanning empire with conquest.

It's actually an interesting thought on whether Rome would've become the conquerors they would've if not for Alexander. I read that the young Julius was once disappointed with himself after reading about what Alexander had already done when he was the same age as him.

Here's what I was talking about
>[The crossbow] would shoot heavy arrows who would have destroyed in one hit Greek or Macedonians shields
>At the time, Chinese possesed weapons, tactics and defenses that would have caused much more trouble to Alexander than what the Greeks, Persians or Indians had
Samuel B. Griffith-Traduction of the Art of War

Does that statement holds at least a little bit of thruth in it?

Conn Igguldens historical fiction series about Julias Ceasar mentions this. 32yo if I recall, and he was sitting around in Spain wishing for glory.

Gives hope to us NEETs

He didn't really care he was just rollin with his dawgs.

Wonder how alexander would have done on game of thrones

He was pretty shit at intrigue but was extremely charismatic, he could convince his solders to stand against dragons.

barbarian apologist pls go.

macedon not greek.

alexander not greek

>Expecting even Alexander to succeed in overcoming military juggernauts like the Qin

He was.

Alexander was Macedonian through and through, even today the Macedonian people keep his legacy
You know he is Alexander of MACEDON, not Alexander of Greece

Alexander = Macedonian
Greeks = always liars

>If Barbarians conquer Greece, they become Greek
Alexander wasn't a Slav, but sure as Hell he were not born a Greek.

Ancient macedonia is in modern greece, they spoke greek and had greek customs and mingled with greeks. Heck phillips warfare is greek and inspired by greeks.

>Ancient macedonia is in modern greece
WRONG, it's in Macedonia. See the names there? See how they're exactly the same? Now why might that be. Heres a hint, because theyre the same country.
>they spoke greek and had greek customs and mingled with greeks
WRONG again, the Macedonian language still exists to this day:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_language
and it isn't Greek.
>phillips warfare is greek and inspired by greeks
If Phillip's warfare was Greek, then how did he beat all the Greeks?
Maybe because it wasn't.

Phillips warfare wasn't Greek.
He was the first to use the eight foot spear phalanx.The Greeks knew nothing of such a devastating thing.

That language didnt exist in alexanders time and the ancient macedonian capital pella is in greece

Phillip used to live in thebes and directly took tactics from epaminondas. Macedonian phalanx just variation on hoplite phalanx.

As usual, no proof ever posted by Greeks
Keep dreaming.

>WRONG again, the Macedonian language still exists to this day:

From your own link

>Macedonian dialects form a continuum with Bulgarian dialects; they in turn form a broader continuum with Serbo-Croatian through the transitional Torlakian dialects.

Who would have guessed that Alexander the Great was speaking Bulgarian 600 years before the Bulgars migrated there.

Its well documented history.

Ancient macedonian isnt in those language groups

Just because 2 languages share geographical name doesnt make them the same

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonian_language

Now btfo bitchboy

>semantics semantics
Your arguments are high school tier and you seem misinformed and butthurt.
The Macedonian kingdom spanned an area that is both in Macedonia AND Greece. The word Macedonia and the name Alexander are Greek as well and have etymological roots in the Greek language. The modern macedonian language is a south slavic language and has no relation whatsoever with Ancient Macedonian.
Also the macedonian capital was in Pella, Greece.

tl:dr All modern Macedonia has in common with ancient Macedon is the ground they have existed on.

>Ancient macedonian isnt in those language groups

Well why link the modern language then, but just in case you are another poster

>The surviving public and private inscriptions found in Macedonia indicate that there was no other written language in ancient Macedonia but Ancient Greek,[5][6] and the recent epigraphic discoveries in the Greek region of Macedonia, such as the Pella curse tablet, suggest that ancient Macedonian was a variety of the North Western Ancient Greek dialects.[7]

See
All you are doing is BTFOing yourself

1. Bulgarian is not Macedonian, they just have similarities because they took our words and grammar when they came. Bulgar was a Turkic language, totally different from what they speak today.
2. Bulgars migrated, but Macedonians were always autochthonous.

>Posts a link that says Ancient Macedonian belonged to the Hellenic language family
GJ

Slavs like Macedonians, Belarusians and others are really the worst we wuzers, on par with niggers.

>1. Bulgarian is not Macedonian,
Yep and Quebec French is a seperate language to French.

>2. Bulgars migrated, but Macedonians were always autochthonous.

Modern Macedonians have no connection, to the people of Alexanders time any more that the Germans did to the Prussian people in the Baltic

It does sort of feel like Alexander died due to soem time line altering fuckery.

>Slavs
>autochthonous

>Macedonians
>Slavs
Macedonians are not Slavs, we have nothing in common with Russian or Belarussian. We are here since 1000 BC.

The point was showing that modern "macedonian" has no connection to the ancient Macedonian but is instead related to greek as is the non WE WUZ understanding.

Was just some confusion in who was posting what to who

no worries

My bad, thought you were macedoniabro here trying to be alexanders n' shiiiet

You speak a Slavic language you are Slavs.

>We are here since 1000 BC.

Yeah and Hitler was black. Slavs come into history only in 6th century, that when they're first mentioned and those "Sklavines" participated in assaults against Byzantine Empire under Bulgar leadership in 680's. There's no evidence for Slavs earlier before other than few archaeological cultures in modern day Ukraine. Jesus Christ you larping Bulgarians are literally brain damaged.

>Macedonians are not Slavs, we have nothing in common with Russian or Belarussian. We are here since 1000 BC.

Not if you have anything to do with mordern macedonian people

>any more that the Germans did to the Prussian people

I hope u mean the baltic tribes

unless
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There is only one macedonian people.

Still keep blabbing on about Slavs this and Slavs that, but word Macedonian is thousands of years older than the first mention of the Slavs. So that alone proves we are not Slavs.

Sorry bro. Now the alexander thing has been debunked looks like you have no interesting history

"Macedonia's history dates back to antiquity, beginning with the kingdom of Paeonia, a Thracian polity. In the late sixth century BCE the area was incorporated into the Persian Achaemenid Empire, then annexed by the Greek kingdom of Macedon in the fourth century BCE. The Romans conquered the region in the second century BCE and made it part of the much larger province of Macedonia. Macedonia remained part of the Byzantine (Eastern Roman) Empire, and was often raided and settled by Slavic peoples beginning in the sixth century CE. Following centuries of contention between the Bulgarian and Byzantine empires, it gradually came under Ottoman dominion from the 14th century."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_(ancient_kingdom)

I know you won't read them because you are Alex Jones' deep in your conspiratorial denial of facts as "lies"

Yeah I know that annoyance, Euros tend to be mildy WE WUZ when it comes to the Greeks and particularly the Romans but macedonian slavs take it to whole new levels.

I mean they litterally spent 7.5 million euros on a statue of "A warrior in a Horse" even their government cringes when it comes to the Alexander issue

He lost in India because of sickness and tired men not the enemy.

The Chinese are masters of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Alexander would have rolled through them like a knife through butter. Im unsure how mass sieges would have gone and Im unsure if he could hold the country indefinitely but in terms of battle he'd crush them.

Think would be logistically impossible though

kek
retarded FYRoMians aren't even in actual Macedonia
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Map_of_the_Paeonian_Tribes_(English).svg/1280px-Map_of_the_Paeonian_Tribes_(English).svg.png
Look at where Macedon is and where Paeonia is

>So that alone proves we are not Slavs.

That proves fucking nothing, you just merely adopted name of geographic region and people who used to live there in ancient times, modern Macedonians have no direct connection Ancient Macedonians. Imagine Mongols overtook let's say Kievan Rus and then started calling themselves Rus, even though they're not originally from there or even speak the same language, would that make them Rus? Is your Slavic ape brain unable to comprehend this?

Also you are Slav retard. Your language is Slavic gypsy retard.

>I hope u mean the baltic tribes
Thats exactly what I mean, Macedonia is the slavic equivalent to that

>There is only one macedonian people.
Yeah a bunch of upity Slav/bulgars who wanted to feel special so they latched on to an identity from the land they stole when the Ottoman empire was breaking up.

You have no cultural, linguistic or genetic continuation from the people of Alexanders time

Words are fucking old. Doesnt mean shit.

Then its okay because baltic prus were baltic not german ,the Prussian Kingdom ,or the teutonic order were deeply german

Etymology does though

From Ancient Greek Μαkεδονία (Makedonía, “Macedonia”), from μαkεδονία (makedonía, “highland”), from μαkεδνός (makednós, “high, tall”).

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Macedonia#Etymology

I guess then that Sultanate of Rum in Anatolia was legitimate claimant to Roman Empire, as it was named after Rome.

""""""debunked""""""
entire "debunk" is just Greek faggots yelling that they're really Macedonians, and please believe them. But there are already living Macedonians, and they are not Greek! So they are just full of bullshit.

Of course Greek liars put whatever they want in Wikipedia, they have more people so they just change everything back to bullshit whenever someone puts in the truth.

>Then its okay because baltic prus were baltic not german ,the Prussian Kingdom ,or the teutonic order were deeply german

Thats why its such a good comparison to this Macedonian madness

You are hopeless

Are you guys retarded? He's an obvious troll.

I'm not even Greek, but I just came here to laugh at you.

Again all your sources are Wikis, of course

But what makes more sense: that word Macedonian is Greek, or that it is MACEDONIAN?
We both already know the answer.

Lol i guess macedoniaboi debunked himself again

What proof would you need to see before you would accept that modern Macedonians are people who came in with the slavic+turkic migrations and have no continuation to the Ancient Macedonians?

yeah i see your point.

WE WUZING is a thing not only nig.....african americans can do

Macedonians were Northern Dorics left behind after the Dorian invasion
Dorics were a Hellenic tribe
Checkmate Skopjan

Personally, looking at haplogroup maps, I am inclined to believe that modern Macedonians are a mix between ancient Macedonians and Slavs that migrated in there.

So a mix between Slavs and Greeks then

You can't find that proof because there isn't any. The proof would be if our name wasn't Macedonian.

That might be so. The fact remains however, that the modern country has no cultural and historical connection with ancient Macedon.

You are aware that while all Greeks belongs to Hellenistic group, not all people of Hellenistic group are Greeks, right?

It's not like Greeks has any actual cultural and historical connection to them either. After all, their national identity was due to we wuz tier decision.

Wrong
All people of the Hellenistic group are Greeks in one way or another

>It's not like Greeks has any actual cultural and historical connection to them either
Except for, you know, being the same people that underwent many changes over the years but still identify as the locals and the location

>Except for, you know, being the same people that underwent many changes over the years but still identify as the locals and the location
Just like Macedonians.

But "Macedonians" aren't even in Macedonia

>All people of the Hellenistic group are Greeks in one way or another
Wrong.
>Hellenic constitutes a branch of the Indo-European language family. The ancient languages that might have been most closely related to it, ancient Macedonian[16] and Phrygian,[17] are not well enough documented to permit detailed comparison. Among Indo-European branches with living descendants, Greek is often argued to have the closest genetic ties with Armenian[18] (see also Graeco-Armenian) and the Indo-Iranian languages[19] (see Graeco-Aryan).[20]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenic_languages

He did it , pajeet