Who is the GOAT American philosopher?

in your opinion

has to be of American origin

Stefan Molyneux

I hate them all. The all say pretty much the same things (very limited government, some form of capitalism, obsession with freedom and liberty), and what they have to say about it is usually complete shit.

Richard spencer

Americans don't like philosophy. In my experience, we like plain spoken people, not guys who jump around what they want to say. Now that's generalizing all poets an philosophers, but, you know.

serious answer

this guy

None, death to America

Not an argument

It is objectively Emerson.

Prove me wrong.

William James

Donald Trump

this guy

Neither is what you said

I am simply implying that capitalism, high levels of individual freedom in an unjust society, and very limited government are all bad ideas. I didn't come here to argue.

Not an argument

It's Quine

can you read? I didn't come here to argue. OP asked me to state my opinion and I did.

this user gets it
see , and

This is a stupid meme

But where is the argument?

greatest intellectual mind in american history

Santayana. Anti-Russell materialist, pragmatist, aesthetic philosopher, artist, and overall total genius.

is he white?

Spanish, like his parents were from Spain, so yeah?

t h o u r e a u

My nigga

Putnam

Ronald McDonald

Who /dewey/ here?

There really aren't any.

"Great" philosophers have to be the first, like the Greeks, OR have fascinating things to say during turbulent times. Since 1789 America has been mostly peaceful, except for the Civil War. France, by contrast, has gone through something like 6 constitutions. It has been invaded and invaded other countries umpteen times. Britain colonized the whole in the 19th century. Germany came into existence, had a brief flame of power, was split then reunited.

The business of America is not philosophy. It's business.

>OR have fascinating things to say during turbulent times.
America has had plenty of the latter though.

Pragmatist philosophy, the american contribution to philosophy!

One of the best is Richard Rorty.

He is also very great!

dude wuz an unironic we wuz kangz n shit believer

I thought WEB Dubois completely disowned afrocentrism

A great logician!

Take your pick from Thoreau or Emerson.

Mencius Moldbug

He did, that dudes mistaking him for Garvey or some such.

no

Jefferson

There really are no great American "philosophers"; only crafty businessmen, politicians and rockstars. The greatest American thinkers aren't from America like Thomas Paine

You're wrong, that's a stereotype, and a recent one at that.

By the way, who here thinks American economists > British economists? I mean, Britain is a great country and all, but Irving Fisher and Henry George were Americans... not to mention fucking John Von Neumann who helped with the Manhattan project in WWII.

this guy gets it

>Spanish
>White

>Said that 90% of negroes were still too simple to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps
>Literally just wanted equal rights for his friends and brethren
>"Hurr he said 'we wuz kangs'"

If you don't know anything about the subject, you don't have to post, user. You're not letting anyone down by abstaining.

this
nothing but fucking plebs in these america threads
/pol/ sees an american OP and in they come

lmao did you see that tv thread with this post and images of Cuban landmarks

america=satanism
t. being bombarded by NATO during 90s

Frederick Douglass

ayn rand

>Americans will defend this

>"President Hindenburg? I'm NSDAP."