Do I have strong hands or am I just dumb?

Do I have strong hands or am I just dumb?

I bought in majority of my coins during the last 3 years. Pic enclosed is my portfolio.

I've seen this shit go from 30k$ half a year ago up to 400k$ a few days ago.

So I am basically witnessing daily fluctuations within ranges of 100k$.

Part of my understands that this is pretty insane, but part of me is like "meh, just keep holding long term, stick to original strategy".

No buying dips, no buying ATH, just rebalancing...sometimes...if even that.

My family has never been rich. 100k$ is the money I make in my regular job in 1.5 years and now it is just jumping up and down...and it can easily go down another 100k$ just like it did with the previous bubble. I don't have any debts, I have most things in order and I am not in thirst for a lambo right now (i'd need 10x the amount to buy it comfortably).

Basically, I just want to see numbers go up in long term (5, 10, 20 years). That is it.

I've also invested 100k in index funds, but cryptos surpassed them 3x in last few months.

So yeah, am I being a retard here?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitpay.com/card/
bitstamp.net/article/debit-cc-payments-bitcoin-now-extended-beyond-eu/
satoshitango.com/home
bitwala.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BUY THE DIPPP

If you are not LARPing, no. You are not dumb. You are playing it safe by not trying to """daytrade""" and you will be greatly rewarded by doing so.

HODL.

Awesome folio. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new spreadsheets or charts. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight your folio can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Are you an experienced day trader who can time graphs, influence others, and are willing to eat losses on gambles?

If no, just hold for 5k and cash the fuck out instead of trying to min/max like a greedy Veeky Forums nigger.

> HOLDING and taking a loss when you can sell and BTFD

lololol iight

I'm not buying anything anymore at these prices.

I bought ETH at $4 - $7 or so, bought Bitcoin in ranges from $70 - $500 over time.

Then I realised I have too much in crypto and started investing in index funds instead.

Now I have too much in crypto again.

I'd sell some ETH and BTC if I could easily use them to buy index funds, but unfortunately that is not possible without paying the capital gains tax.

>Are you an experienced day trader who can time graphs, influence others, and are willing to eat losses on gambles?

Nah, I tried that in the early days, buying and selling part of my BTC stash in ranges where it was jumping from 600$ to 800$.

I bought low and sold high. Did it like 5 times, then it dipped back to 400$ and I had bought at 700$. So I just held...it did not recover for 3 fucking years, but I still held it for 3 years and did not sell, because I was sticking to "buy low, sell high" strategy.

Then it went up and surpassed 700$ and I never bothered selling it again or trading for that matter.

That is hindsight. If I used this approach I'd have sold when Ethereum fell from 100$ to 60$ waiting it to dip fully and then miss the dip and never buy in and miss the insane gains.

Imo you should invest in traditional stock/bond indexes first until you have enough that you feel provides a reasonable base investment for retirement. Then you can play with crypto.

How did you script this in excel ? How to ?

>Imo you should invest in traditional stock/bond indexes first until you have enough that you feel provides a reasonable base investment for retirement.

I did do this as well, but I'm young and too early to think about retirement. I want to run my business til I'm dead, I don't want to go for the "retire early" meme or anything like that.

Thing is, sure I can invest in my index funds right now and don't touch crypto for a few years.

But then it will be too late to profit from the massive crypto gains as an early adopter.

Indices will always be there providing a safe 5% inflation adjusted average return for spans of 20 years or so.

Crypto will boom to a point and then plateau. Then I sell my crypto and buy indices.

How do you update the prices? manually?

HODOR

no homo

>holding that much monero
yes, you are dumb

No, I use XML import and plainhtml import:

=IMPORTXML("coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/" ,"//span[@class='text-large']")

=GoogleFinance("CURRENCY:BTCUSD")

It refreshes on reload.

Teach me young brother. I'm 26 and all my assets right now are in etfs, index funds, stocks, etc. I want to start putting my money into crypto while the market is still volatile and fresh.

Willing to consult for a fee for a new user? My skype is glover_m if interested.

Well, Monero has actual use. It is used in a few DN markets and is the best anonimity coin on the market. It will always have niche appeal to druggies, terrorists and pedos. Do you think that is a bad approach? I see intrinsic value in that coin. Why do you think that is wrong?

What to teach?

I just got lucky and bought early, because I sit at my PC all day and heard about this 4 years ago and then heard about Ethereum ICO on Veeky Forums, researched it and bought in once I felt that it has potential and most likely is not a total scam.

I don't time the markets, I don't sell or buy anymore, I just hold and recently sold a few ETH to exchange for smaller coins that you see in my portfolio.

I still can't figure out what times are best to rebalance. Should I do it each month, every 4 months, every year. With index funds it is easier because you do it every time you put money in.

But in crypto I am not putting any more money in at this point, so I don't really know.

Man if you don't need the money in your account just don't buy any more and check it every 3 months. There should be some legit ways to transfer that kind of cash. Maybe concentrate on finding a very very trustworthy friend overseas who you know will not fuck you. I'm not sure how your tax system works and how deep they dig through your shit but they're so fucking greedy that they make people want to cheat their system. Maybe get in touch with some ICO's and see what you can do... Outstanding gains though.

I'd recommend subscribing to all crypto subreddits, checking out their slack channels for activity, reading whitepapers, learning what market volume means and the importance of crypto being listed on different exchanges, learn to research on potential scams (like Mona.co or Humaniq), research the creators and their LinkedIn profiles and professional history (see if they have been involved in pump and dumps before).

I'd say "don't buy at ATH", but I bought Bitcoin when it was at $30, $70 ATH back in the day and I bought Ethereum at $6 ATH back in the day and just held throughout months, years. I think I'm holding Bitcoin for 4th or 5th year now.

Actually used it a few times to pay for VPN and Ledger.

>There should be some legit ways to transfer that kind of cash. Maybe concentrate on finding a very very trustworthy friend overseas who you know will not fuck you.

I think one of the legit methods is by using a service such as:

bitpay.com/card/
bitstamp.net/article/debit-cc-payments-bitcoin-now-extended-beyond-eu/
satoshitango.com/home
bitwala.io/

Has anyone of you used any of these? Which of them are legit?

thanks my man. I will look into it. It was no biggie when I was handling 3 coins but after a while and with more than 6 it gets annoying fast.

Thank you for that response.

The last person using that pic said that Bitcoin was "overvalued" and that people were "buying my bags."

Quit LARPing you faggots.