What do we know about the Minoan civilization?

What do we know about the Minoan civilization?

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/history/golden-warrior-greek-tomb-exposes-roots-western-civilization-180961441/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boobs

Aryan

>probably a sea empire
>had a naturalistic religion
>titties
>not greek

I think that about covers it.

smithsonianmag.com/history/golden-warrior-greek-tomb-exposes-roots-western-civilization-180961441/

Bull leaping

Atlantis.

Double headed axes, minotaurs and tits, pretty metal tbqh.

palaces

They were contractors hired by Egyptians.

Their women went bare chested.

Apparently King Minos wasn't really a dick and everything was going pretty well until a tidal wave fucked them over

all their kings were called Minos, it was a title

They had really good dress sense.

Buncha fags that got their shit fucked up

>t. mycenaean

"We" as in Veeky Forums? Just the titties.

How did they get conquered by the Mycenaeans anyway? They managed to maintain independence and control of their oceans for well over a millennium until then. Was it really because of the Thera eruption?

White people = best people

>Minoans
>White

That looks remarkably Spanish.

Am I being memed? What else were they, Semites? Africans?

Olive skinned. You know, fairly Mediteranean.

>olive skinned
And that makes them not white somehow?

Since when are Mediterraneans not white

Shut the fuck up.

I don't even know why you're butthurt right now but have at it.

European Meds are White you autistic (((kangers)))

Only retards would debate the skin tone of a people gone 3000 years now.

Nothing to debate. White as modern Sardinians.

Who fucking cares? I mean besides /pol/cucks and wewuz cretins.

>THEY WERE NOT WHITE!
>But they were
>W-WHO CARES

This board is just getting shittier and shittier. I hope Hirochink just nukes the entire place.

I mean it is a fair thing to point out. The color of their skin isn't that relevant to information on the culture. Apart from analyzing how they saw themselves perhaps, looking at their art their men were tanned likely from the increased sun exposure and women were lightskinned and indoors more. This could be also an influence of artistic stylization from Ancient Egyptian art which did similar portrayals. In any case they didn't have the concept of white we do today (and even today that term has varying definitions) and applying contemporary racial and cultural concepts on a culture so far removed in time is really silly. And people trying to attatch themselves to these people achivements based on a trivial thing like skin color is really reaching and desperate.

birds of a feather flock together,they did indeed inlfuence the politics, morals and culture of white Europe nonetheless

Please fuck off anglos, your immature understanding of ethnicity is embarassing.

>not greek
Eh, define Greek. They spoke a language that would evolve into classical Greek eventually (after transforming further with the Mycaeneans)
The "Greeks" of antiquity where a huge cluster of different tribes that shared characteristics like culture/language/religions.

I've heard they practiced ritual human sacrifice and cannibalism. How true is that?

Couldn't be more wrong. For a start ancient writers describe Cretans as speaker multiple tongues; Pelasgian, Greek and Cretan.

In the Aegean Bronze age you had Proto-Greek, IE Anatolian languages, Pelasgian, which we know almost nothing about, and other Pre-Indo European Aegean languages all existing concurrently.

>In any case they didn't have the concept of white we do today (and even today that term has varying definitions) and applying contemporary racial and cultural)

Where does this come from? Even the early Old Testament calls the sons of Japheth White. The fact the definitions of Whiteness are malleable only proves the point that ancient people DID have a concept of Whiteness. Another user put it best: if you read first hand accounts you'd realize ancient authors were just as interested in racial phenotype as we are.

Can't argue with a titsout frock