ITT: Veeky Forums gets triggered

ITT: Veeky Forums gets triggered

Other urls found in this thread:

listverse.com/2017/01/10/10-facts-that-conclusively-prove-the-holocaust-really-happened/
youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9wvHq3eQ8
thisiscolossal.com/2016/02/ai-weiwei-konzerthaus-refugee-life-vests/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want to trigger Veeky Forums insert "leftiest" historical opinion here.

destroying artifacts was part of the cultural revolution so it is leftist

This triggered me so fucking bad when I was forced to take art back in high school. This is not art, Jesus Chris.

Why is it not art?

The communists didn't kill millions. That's western propaganda.

Capitalist regimes have caused as much as or more deaths than communist regimes did over the same period of time, as was shown convincingly in the Black Book of Capitalism.

It was kind of a funny troll back than. Too bad so many artists took it seriously and used it as an excuse to create "art" with zero effort.

The modern equivalent of it is the guy who goes to modern art exhibitions and drops random stuff on the floor so people mistake that for art.

Except it isn't?

Ai Weiwei was hitting on two things.
1) The act of dropping the vase = "basically what China does to its history & culture. There's all this nationalist jingo about it but in the end its overrun due to the rhetoric of the party and notions of progress. This is what the party drilled to me, remember? Cultural revolution and all that shit? Y u mad I'm doing this?"
2) Ah but do you know if it is a real Han vase or not? China's fakes industry is so good they can replicate these things. Yet another way how modern Chink society is shitting on their heritage.

Is that the one that blamed el nino on capitalism?

>Both world wars are the fault of capitalism
Top jej

No fucking clue, I haven't even read it m8
just doing my best to trigger some Veeky Forumstorians

fucking chinks and commies
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>I didn't understand it

>Be me
>Play Sims 3
>Make Nu Male
>Send Nu Male to Art Gallery
>Nu Male goes to the art gallery and sees this shit
>I choose the use option
>Nu Male pees on it
>No one gets mad

>capitalism over the course of 200+ years has killed about the same amount of people as this one communist regime did in like 20 years so they are pretty much the same!

I always love this argument.

> listverse.com/2017/01/10/10-facts-that-conclusively-prove-the-holocaust-really-happened/

I had no respect for that stupid rich poser before, but now I just hate him.

a toilet is not art, its a stationary fixture use to dispose of human waste.

a signature is not art. Combining two things that arent art doesnt make it art. the only thing that could possibly make it art is if you succesfully make some emperor has no clothes meme about it being art, which also didnt work since the vast majority of people dont view it as such.

stubbornly trying to imply that it is art and that everyone else just "doesnt get it" also doesnt make it art, it just makes you kind of dumb

>but it eleciates a strong emotional reaction from you! that means its art!

But it doesnt. Its really boring and when people see it their reaction is "oh look, its just a toilet lol" before their train of thought swtiches to what they are going to eat or something else. The only strong negative reaction anyone has is based entirely on the "dumb" people who first start accusing others of being idiots, which obviously would upset them. But its not the toilet itself doing this, its people desperately trying to meme the toilet into being perceived as art.

And even if this was true, its very shallow because no one really thinks about it. best case scenario is someone looks at it and thinks "wow, that fucking sucks" before then thinking of something else. No one ever has any long lasting opinion or thoughts on it. Its the equivalent of a jump scare.

tl;dr- it objectively isnt art and best case scenario is that its really bad art.

> stationary fixture use to dispose of human waste
As if an object of art can't have any other practical purposes.

false equivalency. That actually has an artistic piece on it.

>Both world wars are the fault of capitalism
They were.

Canvas is not art. It's a foldable material used to manufacture tents.

Oil is not art. It's a foodstuff used in cooking or industrial material used flr waterproofing

>when people see it their reaction is "oh look, its just a toilet lol"
When the majority of people see Renaissance art their reaction is "oh look, pretty naked ladies lol"

>The Taliban supreme leader Mullah Omar explained why he ordered the statues to be destroyed in an interview:

I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha. In fact, some foreigners came to me and said they would like to conduct the repair work of the Bamiyan Buddha that had been slightly damaged due to rains. This shocked me. I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings -- the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction.[29]

>Oil is not art. It's a foodstuff used in cooking or industrial material used flr waterproofing

nice false equivilancy. Notice how I said his signature isnt art and not the ink he used to make his signature?

There is literally nothing wrong with being Turkish.

This is art.

youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9wvHq3eQ8
Fucking backwards orangutans.

> his signature isn't art
How you ruled that one out?

Calligraphy and typography are arts.

>playing sims 3
>calls others nu-males
Ohhh boyyyy

>is too dumb to understand what art is
Nice false equivalency, did you just learn that term today?Lmao

Thanks, now I'm livid.

no it wasnt.

Not China's fault people pay big bucks for these things. Forgers trying to capitalize on that is hardly China shitting on its heritage.

>"Basic human rights just got 20% cooler."

Just take us.

>cal·lig·ra·phy
>noun
>decorative handwriting or handwritten lettering.

>signature
>noun
>the name of a person written with his or her own hand

Art>People triggers them as hard as the fact that there are petambulances in the west.

Brassau paints with powerful strokes, but also with clear determination. His brush strokes twist with furious fastidiousness. Pierre is an artist who performs with the delicacy of a ballet dancer.

>Spends this much time trying to dismantle it as non-art
>Implying this isn't the aim of the piece and it isn't art.
The more time you spend trying to invalidate it, the more you validate it.

I saw no beauty, no form or meaning in them. Day after day I went to see and to hear contradictory explanations of what was called modern art, and finally I became disgusted, for most of the young critics were saying in effect, "What if we cannot see and understand these things! Great masters in the past were misunderstood and so we must accept and try to see, whether they please us or not

Paul Jordan Smith.

This guy took the complete piss out of modern art lovers. Showed that they will just agree with what others say.

Why man, he doth bestride the narrow world

Like a Colossus, and we petty men
Walk under his huge legs and peep about
To find ourselves dishonourable graves

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

Cool. This is all quite acceptable if you accept the death of the author and/or mockery and satire being acceptable artforms.

And yet you were bootyblasted by someone using a toilet to make art. Either the materials matter or they don't.

This guy seems like a massive edge-lord

>billions of dollars in humanitarian aid goes to afghanistan
>hundreds of individual and private efforts
>most if not all of it is squandered or pocketed by corrupt governments and local inbreds like mullah
>one group comes and proposes a restoration work on one of the most significant works of buddhist sculpture in the world
>FUCKING FOREIGNERS YOU SHOULD BE GIBING DAT MONEY TO ME
>allah akbar it

I wonder if he would have had the same reaction to a restoration of a mosque.

Probably not.

Its a nice looking urinal

Offensively so. The thing is, edgy pretentious fans of his, encourage him on his journey to do the most childish, immature, pretentious projects there are. The fucker imitates a drowned migrant child in this one:
Then he went on to do that.
thisiscolossal.com/2016/02/ai-weiwei-konzerthaus-refugee-life-vests/

I really wish they'd put more effort into this macro. The Stahlhelm ruins it, and the fact that no Marxist-Leninist would object to being called a communist ruins it (if you really want to push their buttons, you call them a Stalinist).

>completely missing the point of the work

He was riffing on the art community with that piece. The sorts that freak out about modern art should actually love this piece. But they don't, because their a bunch of idiots who don't think through the deeper ramifications of their premise.

>Deeper ramifications
>"heh, we are rich hipsters and we'll take a crap on the floor and call it art to piss off the status quo maaan"

No, the deeper ramifications of your own premises, moron. If you truly hate modern art, you should be at least able to appreciate the artist's efforts to expose the bizarre nature of the art community at the time, you goddamn stupid fedora tipper.

No, Im just calling out on your failure to articulate why its art. Lashing out at me also isnt a good reason for it being art.

>The more time you spend trying to invalidate it, the more you validate it.

that doesnt make any sense. You just made up some arbitrary/random criteria to help out your view. Still doesnt prove anything.

It also doesnt help that my original post was pretty clear and too the point and well articulated while non of you can do the same with your opinion. Just vague statements.

>And yet you were bootyblasted by someone using a toilet to make art.

nice projecting, especially when I addressed this exact point in my post. You on the other hand dont seem to like it when your views are challenged, especially since you cant defend them at all it seems.

I see Abe Lincoln in this pic

How do you define art user?
My criteria are:
>art is a mirror
>art is anything put on a pedastal

NTG but more like:
>What in the fuck is going on with the art world?
>These fuckers would literally call a toilet art
>Say, that gives me an idea...

Thus, Du Champ's "Fountain" was conceived.
Similarly, there was a guy who sold sealed cans labeled "Artist's shit" for $400 a pop. To date, not one has been opened, and we don't know if there actually was or was not shit inside. But I can assure you that they are worth far more than $400 now, and that the artist succeeded in his satire, but that the art world didn't quite get the joke.

>>art is anything put on a pedastal

this would fall into my comment about forcing a meme about it being art, which failed though.

if everything is art, then nothing is art.

Are you able to give me a definition?

I don't see an issue with everything and nothing being art. Art has value but is also worthless.

Not him, and I'm not opposed to modern art, but I'd contend personally that art is any product of skill created with the intention of expressing an idea or sentiment indirectly through evocation.

I'd say the toilet is a bit lacking on the first part (though it probably took a bit of skill in coming up with that idea) but absolutely nails it on the second by indirectly expressing the absurdity of the art community of the time.

China can take allllll the muzzie shitskins it wants.

I think that's a fair definition. It's suitably loose enough to include many modes, and requires some kind of human interaction to produce what we can call art.
I would argue though that it did take skill to make that toilet, even if it wasn't the artist's sole creation.

Depending on if you think a provocative or shared piece makes it art or if it's aesthetic value that makes art great the piece is perfect in making the viewer think about art itself. The copycats are a bit tiring but I think this piece is one of the greatest commentaries on beauty and art and their relation between each other.

In a lot of ways this piece is the Socrates of art. People wI'll parade things as "truth" or "art", but until we have provocative questions to make us realize what we value we won't understand it's essence. It's art that defines your view on art through whether you honor it or not.

That's actually breddy gud.

However, he did cause a few people to copy him. And by people I mean Nu-Males living in America, who did it only because he did it without even knowing WHY he did it.

Chinese be like "let's destroy our history and culture for communism" and now they can't even blame the west. Huehuehuegue

lol faggot

> You just made up some arbitrary/random criteria to help out your view.
exactly like you are.

Westernization/globalization is far more effective at destroying culture than communism was.

I do love how every time anyone makes a piece of satire as a statement as to the frivolous nature of modern art, a bunch of laymen point to it as proof of the frivolous nature of modern art.

It's like pottery.