twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A crutch with half a scissors on it?

>half a scissors
is called a scissor

There's this.... thing.

I believe it is called scythe.

Wasn't popular, but it was patented.

These seem unusual.

I will pretend that this was pretty common. I guess you'd call it my headcanon.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWsSJCTFZlw

I hope they counts.

The Brandistocco, likely the only non retarded cane sword

wouldnt you pretty much shoot yourself while punching?

Here is some jatagan for you

Kek

Not unless you put your thumb over the trigger

It would fold when you needed to use it as a knuckleduster / punch-dagger.
Look up "apache pistol".

Slaves

Early 20thC folding machete/cutlass issued to US Navy expeditionary forces.

That is from a section of a fighting manual on improvised peasant weapons, as a "just in case" kind of scenario, including sickles, clubs etc. I don't think it counts.

The Apache pistol, named for the streetgang of the same name. it was a piece of shit, but looked intimidating.

Thats not a real patent. Its from a steampunk themed webcomic.

Pigs, cats, pigeons, rats...

Fun fact, there IS record of users setting it off through impact, when cheap ammunition was used.

Same as before, but with an inbuilt pistol, ivory grips and etching.

>Fun fact, there IS record of users setting it off through impact, when cheap ammunition was used.
Well it was a pretty cheap gun for starters (no barrel, lousy cartridge, gimmicky af), so cheap ammo probably did wonders, it doesn't really surprise me. Hopefully, the Bonnot gang came a little bit after the apaches to show what was proper gangster style and gear.

I am pretty sure this has a 66% of wounding you if you decide to use the brass knuckles.

Nice.

Only if you're a pussy who can't handle getting a knife stabbed into, or a bullet shot into their hand.

Here's another model.

>multiple people have had this idea

I'm not sure how to take this discovery.

Just a gimmick, not a real weapon.

seems like a good way to cause head and neck injuries, concussions, and hearing loss.

Thread is for weapons, not banquet utensils.

I repeat, this is not real.

Ignore the tripfag

>Hating on Gropey.

Fuck off, newfag.

> Thats not a real patent. Its from a steampunk themed webcomic.
It's a pretty real patent, user. Dated by 1916, I am pretty sure it was before steampunk themed webcomic.
google.com/patents/US1183492

Huh. What do you know? I actively looked for the monstrosity after seeing it posted on married to the sea and between myself and two others, never found it, as no actual patent number was given.

I concede, and offer a hand ballistic as congratulations.

Wowwww a one sided blade with a hilt that's soooo weeeeeird and historically unusual I wonder where you found it

Thanks for contributing

youtube.com/watch?v=Jt__otLtfZ0

Scythes were not used as weapons

Source:
youtube.com/watch?v=4rzQwzg5_mo

youtube.com/watch?v=_endKNXkdOY

Hey Gropey, question about antique arms, I (Europe based) got some old 5-balls swords and sabers here, made for the US revolutionary war or shortly afterwards, condition is mediocre, blueing is gone and I only have the scabbard for the sabre.
What kind of prices would such blades score in the US?

Yeah maybe dont go around acting like an authority just cus you're a namefag.

Gropey is an authority because he is a paid historian working ina museum and knows a good deal about 18th century history and weapons. If he is wrong he will admit it and is happy to learn a thing.
>t. HEMAfag who had a run in or two with old Gropey

Srbosjek

youtube.com/watch?v=xIKLVnOpMas

Very interesting. It seems like the weight is there at the end of the chain more as a way to get the chain to wrap around things than as a damage-dealing device. A hell of a lot of range and versatility for such a memey weapon. Can't imagine it's too useful outside of single combat though (although whapping it on the ground like he was doing would be an excellent way to dissuade a group of opponents... people don't like dangerous, fast-moving things.

>partisans preferred these to Stens and captured MP40s

goedendag is well-known here, but outside a few small pockets of the internet, it isn't well-known

YUgos are patriotic af

This.
Not the sword itself but this kind of shape arab 'artists' gave it centuries ago is simply disturbing.

it was made/used by the Poles user

I'm pretty sure the Yugo was made by Yugoslavians.

Peasants had to use whatever was on hand when shit got medieval.

Indian's were retarded. The created the whip-sword meme which people now actually think is good "because it existed".

Without physically handling the swords, I couldn't tell you. That said, the war of 1812 is seeing a cultural Renaissance of interest, lately here in the US, so depending on the factors, you are surely able to sell well. I have heard there is an 1812 movie in the works, so now would be the time to get some certified documentation on your pieces.

But I am. Just pre 18thC. Anything after Napoleon is crap really.

A couple of 18thC museums, and a couple of 16/17th ones.

>Lindybinge as a source
Please, stop.

Medieval peasants very rarely actually fought, and when they did, they were either armed by their state/ruler, or had there own equipment that was required by law to be kept. No one who worked a farm would have neglected to have a spear or the like to defend his crop, much like a farmer today having a gun.

Further more, all the war scythes we know are late 18th to 20th century, and were quickly remounted by the local smiths to be used as budget polearms, for lack of proper weapons or gunpowder. Pic related

Urumi aka Curling Blade
Basically a steel whip but cool as fuck

>Without physically handling the swords, I couldn't tell you.
>so now would be the time to get some certified documentation on your pieces.
Bit of a problem, I'm Europe based and the swords belong to an old collector who is willing to part with the lower end of his collection (never mind, thats still pretty good pieces). Now I could buy the whole lot, plan to keep some for myself and sell the others to pay for the transfer.

Looks like this user beat you to it.
And idk those whip swords looks like they would only be good against unarmored opponents - idk what good it would be against anyone wearing greaves or even heavy leather trousers.

Also pretty much exclusively a dueling weapon lol can you imagine using one of those indoors?? Or in a fucking market place Lmfao!

>I have heard there is an 1812 movie in the works,
Oh christ fuck, how embarrassing. There's no way Americans can make themselves look good from this war. It's ours, and even then it's still kinda pathetic.

t. a Canadian.

>anything after napoleon is crap really
THIS

gropey, you are my favorite poster on Veeky Forums, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us

nah thats also rightful Polan clay

>And idk those whip swords looks like they would only be good against unarmored opponents
I mean, aren't swords *in general* are only good against unarmored opponents?
>Also pretty much exclusively a dueling weapon lol can you imagine using one of those indoors?? Or in a fucking market place Lmfao!
Yeah it look pretty unpractical compared to typical swords but I just like the way it swirls around super fast and smashes against the opponent.

> realizing a Veeky Forums tripfag is a better qualified source than a youtube personality
>realizing a guy called Gropey is more accurate and makes less mistakes than some British cuck with 100 videos and bad taste in sweaters

2017 is shaping up to be an odd year.

Then you're going to want to make friends with a local historic arms dealer or weapons historian. Museums are typically happy to help.

>MFW I call Halifax home
>Who the fuck would even want Virginia in the first place?!

The only successful invasion of US soil in history. That ol' Whitehouse burned pretty good.

We never should have left the crown.

I just wish Veeky Forums had actually history threads as good as Veeky Forums and that /pol/ would go back to its box.

Have you guys heard this thing called The Ka-ta-na????
It's pretty obscure but its a Japanese sword.

KM is actually the expert source on historic weapons, but I haven't seen him posting in some time.

(You)

>that ol' whitehouse burned pretty good
I thought canadians were supposed to be nice

Gropes and KM work off each other filling in knowledge gaps pretty good.

Km and Gropey are about on par.

Royal Mounted Police are fucking hardcore.

KM is a cool dude.

You've never met Mounties. They will fuck your shit up.

>Mountie mind

Nothing wrong with liking the weapon user, I just think it would be quite a funny situation for someone to be caught with a weapon like that in the wrong environment - like a guy with a zweihander in a doublewide trailer

>There's no way Americans can make themselves look good from this war

There's a couple ways:

>New Orleans
>Fort McHenry
>Battle of Baltimore
>Battle of Plattsburgh
>Battle of Lake Erie
>Hell the entire fucking naval campaign when the Royal Navy got BTFO in it's prime

The only way that the war is "yours" is that Canada was the only entity who got something good (a sense of national pride and identity) out of it. America and Britain both just got a stalemate, and the only real losers were the native tribes.

Doesn't Diogo Gomes de Figueiredo's "Memorial Da Prattica do Montante" contain techniques to fight with the Zweihänder in doublewide trailors?

>Implying mounties were present at the burning of DC
>Implying the force wasn't British redcoats straight out of the napoleonic wars

It's a meme you dip

>Only one who got anything out of it
>Sense of nationality and pride

Nigga the American national anthem is a recount of the battle of Baltimore is it not? does that not count as gaining a source of national pride?

Seconding . Mounties are just a common knowledge figure of Canadian badassery (of which there are not many).

My bad, I had meant to mention that, but I forgot to do so before I finished the post.
Sorry.

Yeah, I know, I just felt like arguing the meme because I was bored.

yeah they made a game out of that I think!

No worries m8

Much love Gropey, you are my favorite poster, tied with Hungarian maybe.

Beautiful

Or theese.

It's a fabulous way to be retarded though.

>lindybeige

>Medieval peasants very rarely actually fought,
Save for the Swiss peasants, who fought on a regular basis and steamrolled Europe.

FUCKING RHODOKS GET OUT REEEEEEEEE

And the peasants of upper Autria, with 62 known uprisings between 1356 and 1849.

Most Swiss mercenaries were burghers, not common peasants (i.e countryside farmers and serfs). In fact, most mercenaries throughout medieval and renaissance Europe were like them, well trained and equipped militiamen from independent and semi-independent cities and towns.

This, farmers and peasants aren't the same thing.

The Waldstaette didn't even had towns to begin with. They where mountain pastoralists. And they didn't started as mercenaries either, that came 200 years later.
It was simply some mountain hillbillies that didn't want to bow to no king and then trashed the knights of Europe.

I live to see the day.

Makes them rebellious but by no means as successful as their Swiss neighbors.