Does humanity have a chance at intergalactic travel...

Does humanity have a chance at intergalactic travel? Are we advancing quick enough or will we dig our own graves before that happens?

you can't go faster than light, Star trek will be just as fantastical in 2366 as it was in 1966 deal with it nerds

Well, Veeky Forums currently suffers massive anal pain because the meme-drive could be real and working, at least according to the latest NASA paper. So technically it is possible and even if the meme-drive should be a hoax it shows that mankind still dreams of traveling to the stars.
But yes, hard to tell if we can keep civilization and technology up and running long enough to go into deep space. We have the technology to back to stone age within 45 minutes for around 50-60 years now, and yet we have not used it. Makes me hopeful, kinda.

No, but maybe it is possible to travel at near light speed, with the relativistic effects a travel to at least the closest stars with expo-planets could become possible.

There are a half dozen or so galaxies that will eventually merge into ours, some ~600 billion years in the future. The other galaxies will be forever out of our reach, they're allmoving away from us at extremely high speeds and will eventually be moving away faster than the speed of light, whereupon they will vanish from the skies.

India will be the forefront of intergalactic travel and the Indian peoples will be the first to intergalactically travel. Prove me wrong

>intergalactic
You mean travel between Galaxies? Never.
If you meant travel to nearby solar systems, then maybe, just maybe.

India will be the forefront of indoor plumbing and the Indian peoples will be the first to take their shits indoors on a nice water closet. Prove me wrong

Millions of tiny drones accelerated at close to speed of light all across the galaxy. Have them carry data transmitters/aka receivers/sender unit for communication.

Advance either biology and 3d printing to seed life on other planet via human dna/cells propagation

Or digitize matter and 3d printing them, aka teleportation over long distance (TOLD)

>to seed life on other plane
spores do that nicely enough, many micro organisms can survive as endo-spores in space conditions for prolonged times.

As humans? Nah, the laws of physics are against us.

The only way we'll be able to travel the speed of light is if we find a way to turn our consciousness into data/electrical energy. Then we can basically achieve based robot form and not have to deal with disease and death and all that crap.

We're already basically doing this with the mars rover

>Does humanity have a chance at intergalactic travel?

Other galaxies are millions or even billions of light years away. You can not go faster then speed of light. Can you for travel millions of years if you don't even live for a century?

They are planning on shitting on new planets. Their dessignated shitting streets are going to be full in a few decades.

>intergalactic

DESU we probably won't even manage to send people beyond our solar system

Also, you aren't likely to reach other galaxies until you develop FTL travel. Good luck with that.

Bump.

Intergallactic? No.
Interstellar? Probably.
Interplanetary? Sure.

Not much further than Alpha Centaur though

>the one specie of alien that actually learned the secret to traveling quickly around the galaxy
When will they find us?

idk why but the thought of that scares me. Even though even now we can never reach them, but one day they will be impossible to see, and if we somehow still exist by then, will have noting but our light bubble in nothingness.

> if we somehow still exist by then
> 600 billion years in the future
You're an optimistic lad.

As long as our evolutionary line survives that time and remains sentient, I will consider whatever exists then to be "us"

>Indian peoples will be the first to intergalactically travel.

They already were over 7000 years ago.

>intergalactic
We will never leave our galaxy. Ever.
The best we can hope for is traveling to a few nearby stars.

Why would they give us their secret? What do we have to offer?

>the year is 2155 and we've just signed the technology sharing treaty with the new "Otaku" species.
>they've given us their intergalactic travel secrets in exchange for the free importation of a cultural phenomenon they've never witnessed - Anime.
Post YFW anime actually has a purpose

They asked for MLP too. It was cringy as fuck but anything for that FTL tech I guess.

>tanshumanist scum

Entertainment. If I were a member of an advanced group of space travellers I'd spend all my neetspacebux on interacting with the primatives.

The ends do not justify the means. I would damn us all to be forever bound to this rock than allow for the possibility that MLP would find validity among its manchild drones by allowing us to travel to the stars. Since we would probably all be uploaded into machine consciousnesses, you would quite literally never ever hear the end of it from them.

>will eventually be moving away faster than the speed of light

>the 2010s
>not being transhumanist

>like 6 years since the show first aired, probably 4 years since the containment board was made
>still being salty

>tfw no FTL travel
>tfw born too late to have a giant alien gf

It's mathematically possible to finagle pieces of spacetime into moving faster than the speed of light, while maintaining sub-relativistic speeds of the spacecraft itself, but I can only hop that the mathematic possibility one day translates into physical reality.

*hope

No, space travel is a meme. Transhumanism is the future.