Swedish history thread

Since everyone asked for it, here it is: the thread to discuss and learn about Swedish history.

If you need to catch up on parts of Swedens history, i can happily summarise it. Other than that, share your thoughts and questions in this board

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_between_Russia_and_Sweden
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> everyone asked for it
who cares about Sweden's history, it's not so great, only overrated af.

don't listen to the shitposters user.
When and why did sweden start to become neutral in european affairs?

It became neutral after the napoleonic wars. It had lost Finland to russia but went under a union with norway. The reason for being neutral was that it was good economically and other than denmark, all possible targets were extremely strong. They presumably didn't want to invade denmark fearing it would cause more aggression.

I think all neutrality also just grew into a swedish mindset after all that neutral time.

After the loss during the northern war and the death of Karl XII, the new king decided to pursue a path of active neutrality (so they wouldn't lose any more territory)

In short: Sweden was poor and it was potentially bad economically with war

That might also be true, i'm not altogether excelentely informed about just that point of history

Anymore questions? Or thoughts

B L A C K E D

L

A

C

K

E

D

Nobody cares for your nonentity history, Sven. Go eat some fishheads and get fucked by Jamal, or make yourself useful and vote alt-right.

Our history is what makes Sweden worth saving, fucking amazing dood

You're worth saving because you have high IQ and Aryan facial features. In history you have done nothing except raid Western Europe sometimes, which, granted, is somewhat remarkable in itself. But you're called snowniggers because you innovate nothing and sit around doing nothing.

A large part of our history is just us (Sweden) vs Denmark, It's interesting how much they cucked us, before we decided to strike back and cuck them even more.

>You're worth saving because you have high IQ and Aryan facial features

They have neither though. Swedes look Asian because of Sammi people sex. Might as well let Jamals have Swedish girls.

*Tips fedora

What are you laughing at? He fucking DIED because of his atheist, left-wing beliefs.
The radical Odinist Breivik gunned him down, presumably many bullets were used.

Didn't know that. You're claim that we are Asian because of samis is ridiulous though

*your

Netherlandish people look much more Aryan than Scandinavians. They are also taller.
Damn, I wish I was Netherlandish myself.

I don't want a race discussion here, ask or say something about swedish history or leave

Why are you so obsessed with your country's history? It's nothing interesting. I think all Veeky Forumstorians would agree that Scandinavian history and culture are non-existent.

>Swedes look Asian
You're thinking of Finland you fucking idiot.

Have you read any sources about Swedish-Russian wars of 16 century? Can you list Russian leaders of these wars?

If late medievial history means all history, that would probably be right. We barely wrote anything down. But otherwise you're wrong, nonexistant culture is false so stop it immediately.

Don't know much about it, but here, there are 3 sweden-russia wars in the 16th century:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_between_Russia_and_Sweden

that didnt take long

Questions/swedish history specific thoughts or GTFO

TFW Swedish, as in belonging to that state, but not Swedish as in the culture.

Landsförrädare, vafan är med dig? Du ska sänka 100tals års framgång pga vad som pågår idag

Vi har aldrig varit svenskar. Enda anledningen vi är svenska är att Gustav Adolf kunde erövra oss. Jag står bakom min kultur först och främst, och min stat näst.

>and vote alt-right.
>vote for an ideology that doesn't even know what it wants and is run by american mongrels with no history and culture of their own,

we talk about swedish history all of the time in middle east/islam threads.

That makes no sense

According to Reinfeldt(Conservative PM) Sweden belongs to the immigrants not the Swedes thus Swedish history is the Swedish immigrants history as they are inherently more Swedish.

I have a small question
How popular is your king? Is he well liked?
I'm asking because people seem to make fun of him calling him Knugen.

can an immigrant be a visible minority and be justified to call himself a swede?

He's a popular swedish meme. Very many swedish partys want to eventually abolish the monarchy but most swedes actually like the monarchy

>Very many swedish partys want to eventually abolish the monarchy
Why? Just because of tax?

They say It's undemocratic, but who the hell cares he doesn't have any power anyway. They don't value swedish culture very much

Also why is he a meme? just because he looks goofy?

I don't 100% know, i'm guessing because he's a large symbol of Sweden

What do you think about Bernadot? Any arguments that he wasnt British puppet?

You mean that french guy? No i don't have any arguments, i'd much rather have a swedish king with ancestral history in this country to be honest