In all of history, what country would objectively be the protagonist ?

India probably

Eternal Anglo

The jews like to make themselves protagonists since a long time so their case is one that is already worked out.

Antarctica

China

Britain, Japan and maybe Russia would make good protagonists.

USA, duh

Too young.

I know who the main villain is.
>History begins at 1776

>tfw history is a shitty anime where the villain keeps coming back from the dead

India/China

Past 2-3 centuries has been merely fillers

I say the Brits

Greece
>only had an empire once and it dissolved pretty quick
>to my knowledge committed no attrocities
>gave the world democracy, and arguably western values.
>gave the world some of the best western philosophers ever.
>Old as fuck
>Other then the empire part tiny as fuck.
>In recent history never been on the "bad" side of a war

Awful question

Italy and Greece, no doubt, also the Levant/Middle East

Black Egypt

From crowns to chains to civil rights. An epic story

>been irrelevant for 2000 years

This is unfortunately the correct answer.

In reality it's the Germans. Or maybe the Poles.

The answer is clearly Israel.

>irrelevant for 2000 years

Ha ha oh wow.
I bet Veeky Forums has a better general understanding of history than this shitpile board.

the human race :^)

Vatican City/Catholic Church

Me

Rome, which transfers to their daughter, the Franks, who gets fucked by Norseman to produce a son named Norman.
Norman will claim the hand of the female England, and their child will marry Wales for their son Britain, who'll adopt Ireland and marry Scotland to form Great Britain.
Then, it'll pass onto their rebellious son USA, who'll take the reigns as his father grows older and weaker

U S OF FUKKIN A

I know how stale it is to pull out the jojo meme but what if we make one country/state/empire the protagonist each century or every few centuries?

Like we make a title for each part of history based on how much impact that one country had on it?
For example: Part 1 could be named Roman Blood.

Iraq desu

>Iraq
>India
>China
>Greece
>Italy
>Egypt
These are the only correct answers. Too many people in this thread are neglecting the fact that Britain and Germany have been woefully irrelevant for most of human history.

Iraq:
Lifetime of warfare,the eternal story about that everytime something gets build up it gets torn down again in the most violent way possible, both in terms of material achievments and religion.

>India
Can be anything.

>China
Protoganist is awesome and he knows it, operates after a certain set of rules for all eternity broken by fits of destructive rage when some foreigner comes in to introduce something disgustingly new by force.

>Greece
Many happenings and intellectual exercises at first then always being a vassal to something fizzling slowly into irrelevance, sad ending.

>Italy
Yeah, thats an interesting one together with india.

>Egypt
See greece.

India was the only one who wanted to be left alone, never invaded any foreign land except for that one time in the 11th century with Chola occupation of the Srivijiyas in South East Asia.

>wanting to be left alone makes you a protagonist
Kys

>wanting to be left alone makes you a protagonist
I never said that you cunt, I only said that they never invaded anyone, if that is the category for being a protagonist for you then maybe you should kill your self before asking others to commit it.

>maybe the Poles
why would you say this?
t.Pole

Switzerland.

>All of History
What are the Byzantine Empire, The Balkan Wars and the first allied victory against the axis.
India is one of the best contenders desu

Is that even a question ?

>India or China

The dominant powers for most of human history - spawned and persevered major civilizations, influenced various other nearby civilizations, spawned 4 major world religions in case of India and contributed a shit ton to literature, architecture, mathematics, philosophy, astronomy, science etc and are well on their way again to that position.

Contenders of note would be Italy, Greece, Fertile crescent . While they did contribute a lot in the past they will never be dominant in the future due to lack of population of even the extant civilization that has all been replaced by abrahamic religions.

>>India
>Can be anything.

What did he mean by that ?

"India" and "China" aren't monoliths, they're unified today but haven't been for most of their histories. You might as well answer "Europe".

True of India. Less so of China.

I urge you to make a study of Chinese history. They certainly had longer periods of unification than Europe or India, but they had numerous periods of anarchy and multi-state scenarios.

I didn't say it was untrue of China, simply that it was far more often unified than any other region of the world and an actual thing since Qin Shi Huangdi, unlike India, which only became a thing with the Raj.

Why do people keep saying India? It wasn't united for most of its history

>Chinks get BTFO time after time
>I-its just filler

But England was irrelevant for most of history
Might as well go on with France if you transfer from Romans to Franks

>History begins at 1776

Damn right

It's unironically Israel.

Faroe Islands

Eastern Roman Empire yo.

GB
Then it becomes America after WW1

Germany 1933-1939

Chinamen or dah joos

I wonder whether the thread understands that "protagonist" is not the same thing as "the good guy". Depending on the (hi)story, the protagonist, the central character who moves the story forward, may actually be a bad guy, morally grey, etc.

Britain

I think you could go earlier than Rome, but I agree with the multiple protagonists idea. History's too long without any protagonists who lasted the whole length of it. It's be better to make it a line of countries, Jojo style. Call it Humanity's Bizarre Adventure or something.

China would almost work for a singular protagonist, but they also didn't interact with a lot of the rest of the world for a while and were usually more inwardly focused. Probably better for a spinoff or as a supporting character.

fertile crescent-bronze age greece-Ancient greece-Hellenistic times-roman empire-byzantines or > > > is the best tech tree route.

Every East Asian country paid tribute to china. Every nomadic group paid tribute to china, around the region. They had trade routes called the silk road which was a global trade route.

Roman Empire. Sure, they're dead now, but they live on in the aesthetics and governments in nations today. Fascism copied stuff from them, the USA copied stuff from them, several nations tried to say they were the "true successors" to them. It's like the Walking Dead, sure, there's an actual Negan, but even if you kill him theres gonna be dozens of Negan fanboys running around screaming "I am Negan" while bashing in people's faces with baseball bats.

Antarctica

China is the edgy rival character who "works alone" but shows up every now and again because "It's not like I wanted to help you out or anything. I just happened to be passing by".

Thing is the requirement to be a unified political entity to be considered a thing is stupid eurocentric history which views a westphalian nation state as the only legitimate entity. By that logic there is no such thing as Greek civilization since there was no united greek entity but different, warring city states each with their own systems..

India and China are protagonists in the sense of being civilizational entities whose latest political incarnation are modern day India and PRC respectively.

Also specifically in case of India - evven though the land itself hosted different political entities/dynasties the people outside it considered it as "India" even back then while the people inside it had the notion of Bharat varsha again back then. That's all that matters.

>you will never be a Veeky Forums janitor and delete /int/ bait threads

America during the world wars
The USSR and nazi Germany are prime antagonist though

>India,
>One country

Might as well call Europe one country

The usa? Why is this even a question? Even though it has not existed for long, It is more relevant than the British and Roman empires.

What of China/India?

In the last 2000 years, US only had about 10% screen time in Global history

Either China or France

>Might as well call Europe one country

See Btw if Europeans can put aside their differences and function like a single county in the way India does, why not ? Guess they don't have a unifying thread the way Indian civilization acts for India

This

The answer is obviously England.

France is the antihero and ogasional antagonist

correct

England

France is the main vilain and Germany/HRE/Prussia was France's weak brother that used to side with England against him but gained huge powers and turned to the dark side near the end

Persia is a good choice except for the whole fucking with the Greeks thing which gave them a bad rap.

India

>the first to create religion
>makes at least three or them
>deals with Muslim invaders
>deals with Christian invaders
>becomes a world superpower by 2020

>India
>Not even a state until 1947

Yeah, no.

When will you return the crown jewel of India?

China and Italy are both the protagonists. The show starts with the episodes switching in between viewpoints.

Republic of Moldova

Unironically Britain.

>Was the last man standing against both France and Germany in the Napoleonic wars and WW2.
>far more humanitarian than other empires
>generally fights an uphill battle
>Never been on the 'bad guy's' side
>Often seen as an outlier, not very European

France is the Antagonist. then it's germany, then Russia.

You know what a person who gifts something to someone and then later demands it back is called?

AN INDIAN GIVER

Villains of history

>>Never been on the 'bad guy's' side
uw0tm8

>>Often seen as an outlier, not very European
By their modern self-portrayal, at best. But besides them, nobody thinks so.

i see that your British education is working quite well

The British Empire did nothing wrong. Also the Americans were the bad guys, rebelling against England, which had just pushed itself to the limit to defend the colonies from French conquest and then secured the entire continent, for no good reason except that a bunch of effete upper class twats were high on meme ideas like 'inalienable rights'.

>stolen
Fixed

This is the clear answer

>By their modern self-portrayal, at best. But besides them, nobody thinks so.

Napoleon didn't see them as Europeans. They were also isolationist and didn't really get involved in euro affairs in the 19th century.

I'm glad Nappy is the end-all be-all of who decides if a European country is actually European.

>Often seen as
>Actually were
Nice reading comprehension.

The French.
They were born of royalty, dealt with the rise and fall of kingdoms, toyed with empire herself, and finally emerged through tumultuous strife to inspire the entire world and become the light of civilization.

I'M SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, WHAT WAS THAT?

The one that fights powerful antagonist throughout all of the series

HAHAHAHAHAHA

France/Francia after the fall of west Rome

t. Cucked anglo

this desu

name one French accomplishment

>Was the last man standing against both France and Germany in the Napoleonic wars and WW2.

Nope, you were the last woman hiding
Russia was the last man standing

Only sane posts

Civilization