Creatures from the future find something from our culture

>creatures from the future find something from our culture
What is it?

Probably jewelry made out of a noble metal.

That or a thin layer of plastic in the geological record.

Really, it depends how long in the future it is and how good they are at paleontology.

Billions of tons of plastic

My fossilized stool in the buried sewers 3000 years after the big earthquake demolishes my house and everything around it.

wedged between two fat layers of clay

Have there ever been any comments from ancient civilizations on what future historians and archaeologists would think of their societies? Like the ancient version of this thread.

There was a bunch of Roman shitposting from Pompeii. I think there were a few about what you were saying.

An anime figurine, with evidence of having been hotglued multiple times.

the body of a negress in the process of getting COLONIZED by an aryan

There's plenty of stuff that will survive for a very long time.

- Jewelry
- Plastics
- Anything made of glass
- Circuit boards (which have gold circuitry)
- Tunnels, mines, strip mines, and quarries
- Statues and other stuff carved from stone
- Things made from titanium and aluminum will probably last a very long time as well

We have left a huge mark on the planet. If anyone wanted to look, they would be able to find evidence of modern civilization millions of years from now.

Places like landfills would be massive gold mines for an archaeologist of the future.

Agglomerations of calcareous minerals, iron oxides and carbon residues will mark the sites of our former cities.

Radionuclides from hundreds of open-air nuclear bomb tests will appear in the sediments all around the world and radioactive wastes will remain detectable for tens of millions of years.

Tiny fragments of plastic, particles of aluminum, iron, copper, and concrete, and the tiny balls of unburnt carbon and mercury that pour out of our power stations are embedded in the muds that will one day be rocks.

Human activities like agriculture and deforestation have greatly increased the level of erosional deposition in some areas while dam building and irrigation have greatly retarded it in others.

Most of the fossilized remains that any future archaeologist will find will be of our food crops and livestock.

Dendrochronology of fossilized plant material will reveal a dramatic decline in the carbon 13-carbon 12 isotope ratio.

Spacefaring species will find the remnants of our space program on the moon.

Bump

Internet memes.

wat has forgotten should sdey so :D

something from kang history

after the dust has settled the post-apocalyptic world will be pretty comfy

Artificial Intelligence discover human remains and realize the gods were doomed to die.

The post apocalyptic isn't going to be comfy for many millions of years.
As the apocalypse is an ecological one and the earth will not be capable of supporting much life.
Dust should be expected to increase for a long time with desertification until complex systems in arid biomes reorganize, which will be a long fucking time considering the massive amount of biodiveristy loss, habitat fragmentation/degradation and physiological earth system change that is already happening on a massive scale has reduced ecological adaptive capacity and resilience to nothing.
The apocalypse started 40 years ago.

Humans now, what if future doe??

>The apocalypse started 40 years ago.
Holocene mass extinction event started over 10000 years ago.

strange idols, probably for ritualistic purposes.

hnng

I remember the book that tried to apply a current paleontology methods to current animal remains. Here is baboon.

Swans

Horse

Rhinoceros

Elephant

Cow

and finally house cat

get the genesplicers, I want this to be real.

That one isn't too far off from what I wild cow looked like

For some reason, this meme gets me every time. xD

I'm going from the point of no return for humanity.
Which IMHO started with neoliberal policy.

> not with the birth of agriculture

We still could have made it, if we knew what we do now 70 years ago.
I think agriculture was fine, the emergence of socio-economic systems from socio-ecological systems shortly after the first agricultural revolution is when things really started getting fugd

A fossilized burger

and a gigantic layer of fat.

Here's a few different interpretations of a human

Here's the last of them.

Looks very similar to late San cave paintings.

>I remember the book that tried to apply a current paleontology methods to current animal remains. Here is baboon.
What do you mean with this? like people pretending modern bones were from years ago and trying to represent them like that?

>Places like landfills would be massive gold mines for an archaeologist of the future.
They are gold mines for us right now too. Humans dumping all their trash in one big pile isn't a recent invention, we figured that out tens of thousands of years ago. Midden heaps are in fact all that remains of some very ancient people.

It is more about loss of information and speculative character or reconstruction. It's hard to guess how exactly would look animals from bones alone. The most common example supposed feathered dinos. How would you reconstruct cats or swan from just their bones alone.

We should start painting on cave walls since that seems to be a good medium to last into the future.