How did the Ancient Greeks look like Veeky Forums?

How did the Ancient Greeks look like Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

unz.com/article/what-race-were-the-greeks-and-romans/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

coal black negros

Forgot to turn the trips on, eh, Watermelonwarrior.

>black eyebrows
His hair is clearly dyed.

unz.com/article/what-race-were-the-greeks-and-romans/

Retard: the post.

Her hair is dyed too you autist

Tl;dr?

Proud white Germans, obviously.

Why do Anglo-saxons and scandinavians think they can claim greek and roman achievements?

No it isn't you dummy. Many natural blonde people have shades. I'm sorry you don't live around any blonde people in your guetto.

kek she has black roots clearly it is dyed

Again, when you get out of your guetto to rob a store try to pay attention to the diversity of shades in blonde people. My gf has exactly the same kind of hair as she does.

I have the exact same profile and I'm Med

Your gf dyes her hair

why not? what did you expect? Greeks don't even claim to be descended from ancient greeks, they actually teach kids in school that they're not. Historically speaking they were romans who started calling themselves greeks. And of course no matter how much mental gymnastics you do they have turkish and other middle eastern genes now

Her hair is clearly dyed you retard.

eyebrows tend to be dark....I know people who are blond with black eye brows. I know for a fact they're natural

They don't. And I don't see how showing a blond statue (which is a fucking fact you can't deny) is claiming acheivments. If anything its "claiming" resemblance, but facts aren't exactly claims.

All europeans inherited greek culture, to answer your original question. But you knew that already, you just used hyperbole to paint a picture of reality that tickles your pet peeves

the reason why you leave the roots dark is that natura blondes have darker roots and the shading is layered...darker underneath. Hence you want your hair to look natural blond keep it darker underneath

this girl has dyed hair

That is true however the shading is more subtle, underneath it is brown to light brown. The sources provided show black underneath. From this data we can extrapolate the hair is clearly dyed

This is how a blonde looks like

he looks like an albino aboriginal...to be honest I see blond people all the time and I've never seen anyone who looks like him. If you're claiming all blonds have those features well I can prove you wrong in seconds dude...

Nope.

yes, there isn't a blond chick who doesn't lighten her hair. Thats what it looks like to me. The roots are very dark though, but thats probably contrast to the clearly dyed hair on the surface

>he looks like an albino aboriginal.
you are dumb

I dye it with my semen

He is a german goalkeeper

Initial invasion phase Mycenean conquerors had to look "Nordic" aka Indo-European.
You can't argue otherwise without being a complete fucking moron. They came from the north.
But they most likely blended into the mass of Pelasgians who were obviously similar to Turkish people so Mediterraneans can just calm down and accept that Greeks had mixed origins without going on an autistic denialist frenzy about it.

Dyed hair clearly.

They need to have dark roots for them to be blonde

>They came from the north.
They didn't come from that far north. The Balkans is hardly Scandinavia.

>Initial invasion phase Mycenean conquerors had to look "Nordic"

Lol

>we waz greekz n shit
Germanic barbarians are delusional.

They came from Ukraine along the coast. Influence of the steppe is strong in their material culture.

They didn't replace the people of Greece just made themselves the kings of the places.

>nigger resorting to muh dick
Like pottery.

dude we have reconstructions, paintings, genetic evidence that goes against your theory

Even if they came that area, the people there are racially Alpine, not Nordic.

They came from the Danube, not Ucraine

that is one german looking german, every detail spot on

>reconstructions, paintings, genetic evidence

Uhh no, we have none of those.
Indo-European languages were always spread by people and these people were at the very least what we might call "Non-Mediterranean White".
I already acknowledged the Pelasgian presence in Greece was strong as they were subjugated and absorbed into the Mycenean society where they may appear in paintings.

He is Finnish though.

mycaneans were not german..pretty sure they count as barbarians though.

>into the Mycenean society where they may appear in paintings.

In every single Mycenean painting the men have dark hair and tan skin and the woman have dark hair and white skin

yeh on second thoughts hes a bit too pretty to be german i just though it was because hes young. But guy above him has the more hardened, chiseled, big nose german look

yeah we do, people have posted them on this board
There is no trace of anything that would support your hypothesis. Literally 0.

There;s more evidence Egypt was black, that's how weak you are.

There is no place for debate here.

Here they have yellow skins. Proving they were Asians.

Quite a few Greeks are and were blonde. Julius Caesar was blonde. You can be a genetic blonde without being Nordic.

you can't just apply one broad phenotype classifcation to a whole countey...and whateer ukrainians are its certainly not alpine. + alpines can be blond too. Really makes you think...

Rational people have every reason to think that, at the very least, people who looked considerably more like standard white people than the Pelasgians did brought Indo-European languages to Greece.
You however are not a rational person and don't understand much about the subject.

The light color alleles are everywhere that's true.

Rest of the genome(the more important part of it) was not Nordic though. It was just Greek.

>standard white people
t. retard.

^this!

Why can't people understand this sumple concept?

You can be blonde and still be Mediterranean!

Meaning people who don't look like Ray Romano or Recip Erdogan.

You wouldnt undertand.

Ray Romano is like the quintessential white dude..thats the point of his character. Maybe not by looks but I've never thought of him as looking anything other then white

What country do you live in? I'd imagine the standard White person in Italy looks different from the standard White person in America.

Hey buddy, nice map and all, but what's the point of posting anything on human genealogy before genetics became an actual science?

To observe physical phenotypes.

Greeks ARE nordic though, just not by ancestry or geography. Phenotypically there aren't enough differences between mediterranean and nordid (stereotypical nordic phenotype, think nazi posters) two classify them as two different types. Nords have stronger chins, broader noses, wider or stronger/more robust jaw.

Nords are depigmented Mediterraneans. As for the curly blond greek guy he's Nordic on all counts, pigmentation and phenotype. Just not ancestry/nationality/geography

very out dated, too typological, and not even accurate for its time. See current day physical anthropology forums for more accurate, nuanced typology of different nationalties. Ukranians I think tend to be dinaric or baltic, latter is depigmented alpine

>Nords have stronger chins, broader noses, wider or stronger/more robust jaw.
And Meds have way bigger noses. Why isn't this enough to classify them as different?

To me you're no different than the meme "we waz kings n shit". The white version of it.

>generalized

you don't say. That much of russia alpine? armenia alpine? I suspect that map is using a unique definition of alpine

>he's Nordic on all counts, pigmentation and phenotype. Just not ancestry/nationality/geography
Retard, there's 20000 thousand genes responsible for proteins in your body, about 10 have to do with pigmentation(eye, hair, skin) and the only type of phenotype you've ever considered.

Just shows you have no idea what you are talking about and know 0 about human genetics.

The rest of the genome(the more important part) is indistinguishable from a Greek.

Mediterranean not nordic snow nigger

Nords have big noses, remember were talking about phenotype, so even though many scnadinavians have round tipped short noses, the nordid phenotype as its defined, is big noses. Again, think the nazi posters or cherry picked ropaganda photos of nazi soldiers.

Its not enough to make two real classifications because theyre near exactly the same apart from some tweaks. Skull shape and overall frame and structure of the face is identical. And when i say depigmented meds i mean they are literally desccended from meds who may originally have been depigmented anyway

The fact that "Mediterraneans" includes everything from Greeks to Semites to North Africans makes that statement ridiculous.
>Wales
>Mediterranean

to me your not able to think for yourself without memes, read or even use your fucking eyes. Look with your fucking monobrowed eyes at nords and mediterraneans. Read with your beady black eyes that i didnt fucking say they are descended from nords. NOT NORDIC GEOGRAPHICALLY OR BY DESCENT, FUCKING PHENOTYPE, LOOK WITH YOUR FUCKING EYES AT THEM.

This is not my opinion its the observation and record of anthropologists like coon

>nordic phenotype
A Greek with blue eyes and blond hair is much much less Nordic than a German with brown hair and eyes.

Has to do with basic genetics and probability.

based etruscan lucca

youve never seen a welsh person before obviouly...do u even know where it is on a map? let me guess your american, you grandmothers flatmates dog was welsh and you think your nordic or something ? "mostly of celto-germanic descent?" welsh people are barely white passing

the entier fucking point of my post is nords are mediterraneans DEPIGMENTED, PHENOTYPE IS NOT PIGMENTATION. So yes you are correct. You can have black hair and black eyes, with just the right feautres (mediterranean but with the right tweaks) your phenotype is nordid. Its just that pigmentation tends to go with phenotype

so what? ITS PHENOTYPE FUCKHEAD, AS IN THE WAY THE FUCKING FACE LOOKS, WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING DUMB IN THIS FUCKING THREAD

>the entier fucking point of my post is nords are mediterraneans DEPIGMENTED

While to some PARTIAL extent this may have factual basis it ignores that there are also considerable genetic differences between Northern and Southern Europeans.
Northern Europeans are more on the Cro-Magnon side genewise, Southern Europeans are closer to Jews and Arabs.

I'm sorry you posted a shit pseudo-scientific map fucktard.

Like this.

Phenotype is pigmentation when you talk about the tyrosinase gene.

Morons, IQ is a phenotype, you can't look at it though, not with the eyes anyway.

B blood group is a phenotype.

There's hundreds of thousands of phenotypes you can identify. Are you getting what I'm trying to say, illiterates?

Just because it takes different ways to look at it doesn't not make it a phenotype.

But I know you've learned a big word, lmao.

Literally a migration continuum.

The same as modern Greeks

This is the rule for 99% of the peoples of the ancient Old World

Modern Egyptians are the same people as Ancient Egyptians

Modern Greeks are the same people as Ancient Greeks

Modern Britons are the same people as Ancient Britons

There's usually some admixture within the 5-10% range but that means very little. They're by and large the same people.

Stop the genetic bickering.
Forensics: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtis

That statue also has brown skin brown eyes and jet black eyebrows, so the hair is obviously dyed.

If anything, Greeks are a little whiter due to slavs from up north.

And as genetics have shown us, slavs aren't nords.

That's definitely not brown skin. Not that it's pale white either, but looks like slightly tanned white skin.

You can't figure it out from the country name?

blond people have "brown" skin just like that, its only redheads, or darker haired celtic types, who have thate notebook paper complexion.

Eyebrows can be darker then hair and usually are.

that wasnt me who posted it and i agree its a shit map. Clearly armenians aren't alpine, hes just used that as a catch all for all the caucaisans who aren't nordic or mediterraneans . And theres no dinarics on that map

>generalized

he's virtually admitting its inaccurate, it says its generalized at the top under the label

ITT: People fight over painted busts while ignoring the only sourced relevant answer to OPs question.

because they think real life is an RPG game where all nordics are blonde vikings and meds are swarthy manlets

You're ignoring the fact that ancient people were very familiar with hair bleaching.
Diodorus:
"Their hair is blond, but not naturally so: they bleach it, to this day, artificially, washing it in lime"
That kind of hair color in the statue is the kind you get from bleaching, not a natural color.

Golden and fair features were rare and thus glorified as "heavenly"

and cro-magnons similar looking to meds, but once again. Once again: mediterranean phenotype =/= mediterranean geographically, ethnically, culturally, or for the large part even gentically. Since genes responsible for phenotype are very few. We're talking purely about appearance here and it doesn't match perfectly the genetic types. Welsh look dark/med af but I'm pretty sure that they cluster with other brits, and brits are different to meds genetically.

Its all to do with how you classify race, its not easy, and different classifications overlap. For instance, we could classify most of the different nationalities as different races, and that does hold up genetially and to the dictionary definition. Or, I could say that all nordids are a race, and that classification cuts across multiple nationalities obviously.

Basicaly as long as you are using common descent ie I share more common descent with other brits then with nigerians, and genetics / heritability for your definition of race, then its a definition that works.

I might say that all germanic people constitute a single race, I wouldn't be wrong. You might say all alpine people constitute a single race, wouldn't be wrong either.

not always, theres people with light blond hair like that but i know what you mean, Certain hair colors and shades can only be artificial

to add to that, all these races would pretty much have the same set of genes, just at different frequencies

this is the case with the few idenitifed IQ genes

One more interesting point about classifying "races", its often noted that "negroid" isn't like one single race of people all sharing common descent, inheriting their appearance from the same ancestors. Instead, the different african peoples are all genetically speaking different races, but they've evovled the same phenotype.

We could still (imo) use a definition of race that classifies them all as one single race: we could say that they've all evolved under similar enough conditions, to have more ore less the same phenotype as one and other. And therefore constitute a race since their phenotypes are obvioulsy genetic and inherited.

So Romanians are at the root of all European civilization? Interesting.

They do look similar (sometimes), but you can tell where an African is from, quite often. Just by looking at them. Due to them being different originally or admixture.

Khoi San, Coloreds(san bantu mixture), Igbos, Black berbers, Somalians, Bantu, look different and if you are used to identifying such people you'll get it.

Just like you can very often identify a Russian from a Swede, if you are European anyway.

Looks are generally not that relevant, genome is where it's really at.

So one of the ways to classify races is to just pick a set of genes and then look at people and say, okay, I've sequenced you (will be very cheap in the near future) you are this race, deterministically, without being on some spectrum etc. Just pick a set of genes, important set of genes and classify objectively. Imo if you use IQ genes, you've solved a lot of issues.

>nords don't have big noses