Best Degrees

In here you post degrees you know for a fact that are goat and won't leave you jobless.

Physics with minor in CS + CS Masters

This motherfucker struck gold.

I'm a Pre-Law math major

Are you going to work for a company or do your own projects?

Master of Science in Special Education with Mod/Severe Credential.

I can have a 70-100k job at the drop of a hat..

Someone link me season two please can't find any where

I'm going into the Navy to be a CTN (Cryptologic Technician: Networks) which means hacker. With a top secret clearance. I am going to make bank.

degree in cryptotrading

Statistics, next year will be my last year and will also start CS.
After that Applied math Master and Data sceince master.

And after all that i might get a phd in applied math for fun

just about anything IT-related

maybe finance if you're unbelievably boring

not me, a friend of mine. He got 1 internship and 1 research scholarship... Physics and CS really makes you stand out.

I'm doing a BSc in Horticulture... not lucrative, but if I make bank on crypto, then at least I can live comfortably on a farm in solitude one day. Otherwise, college is gay, especially when you spend 40k for the first year of all indoctrination, which is the case in most American schools. Also, I'm too stupid to graduate in four years, so I fucked up there. Ah, the college life.

kek

> Government worker
> Making bank

pick 1 and ONLY 1

>Physics and CS really makes you stand out

Wat? No it doesn't. Half of CS majors end up with a Physics or Mathematics major also because there's usually only a half year to a year more of courses to take. Factor in transferred highschool college credit and it's easily doable in 4 years. This is coming from a CS major by the way.

Where are you getting the tuition money?

I'm studying medicine in Europe and this summer I'm doing an apprenticeship in Switzerland, rate

Meant for

You'd better get off Veeky Forums then son. The positive vetting will fuck you up. Ex cts here.

you'll be shit at it, eventually get a mediocre job in the field, but still be shit at it and by the time you have 3 years of experience everyone else who graduated with you will be 2 years ahead in their careers

by the time you're 35 you'll have a decent salary but still a third less than what your colleagues make

or not

that our government clones humans and rapes newborn children to death in an ancient form of persian saturnism aka satanism aka judaism?

I study medicine because I enjoy treating people, stay mad

Europe m8.

I'm from spain and it costs me 2k Euro a year. Other places even cheaper.

I wasn't invited to those parties but I don't doubt it.

There is no way with current tech and medicine that they have not cloned humans

BA in History with a minor in Religious Studies

You'll destroy everyone at trivia

A TS clearance and experience in the IT field will actually nab him a fucking killer position in the government that's trying its best to retain people

I've studied UI/UX design. There are many shit universities so it's important to find one that focus more on the technical side than just the look and feel. In the fourth semester I made my own portfolio website to show my work at university. From the fifth semester I got one or two emails a week from companies who were interested in hiring me after my degree. Many of them are well-known companies. Decided to do my master's as well and still I get mails. Soon I finish my master and then I can decide from a huge amount of companies on which one fits the best to me.

But I think it's not just the degree, you need a good portfolio as well. I spent lots of time beside university to get skills in that field and to know how to impress clients.

Also I'm on dribbble where UI designer posts their shots. I got pretty popular there and therefore also get lots of requests of startups/companies who want to hire me as a freelancer.

It might be a niche though that won't last forever. But right now there is lots of demand because every shitty company goes from analog to digital. They probably tried it but failed as engineers often have no idea about human computer interaction.

I'm figuring out now which company to work at. Startup? Agency? Big company? What do you think is the most comfy one? I probably go for a car manufacturer as they pay a lot and I'm interested in cars

I feel sorry for those who studied something for years and then have to send hundreds of applications to land a job.

It's called a 3-letter organization or an insane private sector job after 6 years.
I talked to a CTN who is in right now and says he goes on /pol/ almost every day. As long as you are loyal to America and don't pose any sort of threat to national security, you are fine. According to him. I don't think me lurking a business section of a chinese cartoon image board will raise any red flags...

We had human-pig chimeras in the 90s, now we have genetically modified telepaths and other twisted shit that would probably make any normalfag shit their pants if they knew full well how much money was being spent on this garbage each year in this country.

>But I think it's not just the degree, you need a good portfolio as well

I can't express how important that is. I had a friend swear that his experience in coding was going to get him a $120k/yr job right out of the gate. Little did he know that people actually like to see evidence of skills.

CTNs are fucking nerds.

Love, a former HM2(AW/SW/FMF).

Also, another good route would be CTI with an aircrew option. You'll make mad cash for speaking a foreign language and having the ability to fly in the back of a helo/P-8.

>half year to a year more of courses to take

How the fuck can you have a physics major with a year worth of classes?

Where I study you would need to have:
Mechanics
Electromagnetism
Physics Labs I
Intro to Chemistry
Chemistry Lab
Waves and continuous Mediums
Thermal Physics
Advanced Classical Physics
Physics Lab II
Modern Physics
Quantum Mechanics
Physics Lab III
Statistical Physics
Electrodynamic and Relativity
Nuclear Physics and Particles
Solid State
Optics
(2 or 3 more subjects that I am forgetting)

You cant do all this in a year. I have a friend that is doing Physics with minor in Maths and will do Math with minor in Physics in 4 years...

2 majors in 4 years is a meme

>Applied Mathematics PhD
> Fun
Pick one. Doctoral program will take the thing you love and make you do it until you fucking hate it and yourself.

t. PhD Statistics here. Did my thesis in Game Theory. I'm paid well for what I do in data science, but fuck I hate almost all of academia now.

teacher here

only way you can be jobless with an education major is if you're are truly weird

not a glamorous job, but sooo many holidays and 10 week summer breaks (with no pay though)

Bachelors of Information Technology, Majors in Software Development, Japanese
Masters in Information Technology, Major in Software Development

I never mentioned physics or maths in regards to any roles I landed with these..

Part of the reason I'm planning in South Korea after I graduate is because I want to see what the teaching life is like.

How do you dig it?

>How the fuck can you have a physics major with a year worth of classes?

I'll give you a hint. The kids who usually do this typically Indian or Asian

>planning on teaching

I'm going to refresh on my English skills before I go, I promise

is meant for (you)

4 labs in a year... you have experiments that will take 3-4 hours to prepare and 4 hours to make... there aren't enough hours in a day to do everything.

I don't deny that are people that could do this, but it is not common practice like the user was saying...

Thanks m8, but I already got my contract. I leave in 38 days. I was an EOD candidate for about 3 months too. Passing the PSTs to SEAL competitive standards except the swim, almost got a contract but I decided this would be a better path at the last minute.

Yeah yeah, i know. Thanks for the advice! Still a long way to go and a lot to think about.

Where did you study?

In the long term, yes, but being EOD gives you massive bragging rights in the future

CS degree.

One difference between CS professions and non-CS professions is non-CS professions don't change much, and then one day kind of get washed away forever. You used to be set if you got a law degree. Now you're only set if its from a top 10 school like Harvard, and you had good internships, grades etc.

In a CS job, 5-10% of what you know becomes useless every year, and then every 20 years, 50% of what you know becomes useless. So it's a lot of work just to tread water, but you never really get knocked out if you keep on top of things.

I went back to school to get a CS degree. These kids think if they get C's and get their hands on a degree from a 2nd rate school they'll be set. It ain't like that at all. Even the kids who get mostly A's and some B's are often not doing enough, in my eyes any how. A CS degree works but people often underestimate the work involved. If you commit to it though, you will do very well.

I always think long-term.

Did grad school in Canada despite being an amerifag. It's like 11k a year in USD, even at the international student rate. Fuck going to an American school. I literally put my entire degree on a credit card and what wasnt covered by funding I paid off with my signing bonus.

You made the right choice. I was 11B in the Army before doing my undergrad and PhD in qualitative fields. Not a lot of demand for 240B gunners in the public sector.

If I had to do it again I would have chosen a job like yours, given my test scores and ultimate career trajectory.

RLTW.

I went to high school and work at a wafer fab only 30k a year.

accounting ez life

guess what, theres top secret over that top secret. youve been cucked!

at least a phd in stats will get you laid no prob

Are you talking about Yankee White? That's only required in a very specific situation. I don't think it makes a person any more valuable

HahahahahahJananJNNnajahahahahahahHahHHHahahah

It is like the most effective form of birth control in existence.

Industrial and Systems Engineering

Yeah, it's a meme degree but every big company needs them. Everyone I know who graduated with one had no problem getting a job, many making 70k+ right out of college with a bachelors. Pair it with a masters and some certifications and you can easily become a project manager making 90k+ within 5 years of graduating

there are like 5 clearance levels and a bunch of keys dude. Are you getting any of them? Doubt it. C U C K E D

I'm pretty sure that's what they do in China

What branch do you recommend me? I feel like i'm wasting my time, Data Science is where it's at

Bachelors in English with TeFL certification.

I'm living proof that degree doesn't mean shit if you know what you're doing -- i'm currently teaching rich Middle Eastern kids while living in Abu Dhabi and making 70 k ((untaxed)). All while getting to work doing what I love.

I'm gonna soak up the sun here for a couple years and make some good starting money, probably cop some expensive stuff for cheap since that's how it works here, and then go back to the states for law school. Also forgot to mention that my flights, housing, and accommodations are all payed for. Oh and i'm due for a fat bonus at the end of my contract.

Bachelor's of Business with Major in International Management

I fucked up. 1 year out and I can't find shit that pays better than 40k. Feels like I have no real marketable skills.

Gonna graduate with a B.S. in Neuroscience and a B.A. in Psychology next year

I fucked up - I now want to go into finance

Bachelor of Laws, with a combined professional Qualification/Masters Business lined up next year.

Since when doesn't govment workers, besides teachers, make bank?

> evidence of skills

Shame you cant blast your crypter to an employer.

BBA Finance, BS Computer Science

B.S. in Aerospace Engineering. I enjoy what I do but it's not going to take you to lambo land unless you're in high management - which is way more about who you know than what you can do.

> Journeyman Welder 6G and Turbine Millwright
>Mechanical Engineering Minor in CS
>AS in Welding Technology

Bachelor's in Mathematics and Computer Science with a minor in Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence.

Have a $90k job lined up in Chicago with $50k benefits.

Energy jobs with the government are top bank
They do not pay as much as the private energy sector jobs, but they have to compete with them on a scale that will keep their techs and engineers around and not unionize
Think TVA