Well, Veeky Forums?

Well, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk8UdV7GQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Spiderman does exist as a fictional entity

As God does as a metaphysical entity.

>metaphysical
fancy way to say fictional

Yes, that's the point.

hi. i shaevd my beard to fit the mask.

>Nothing exists beyond the grasp of physics.

Wew lad

There are many holy books. How can you be certain that the bible is the correct one? You're an atheist when it comes to other religions.

Truth is Veeky Forums never has anything good to say against new atheist arguments against the existence of God. Quickest way to have something dismissed on Veeky Forums is to have it associated with reddit, then you don't have to argue shit

Right when we had finally cleared this board of *tips fedora* spammers you had to provide them with bait to make them feel justified. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a false flag

I think religion is total bullshit personally

But some people wouldn't be able to function normally without it

If God isn't real and the world wasn't created in 7 days 6000 years ago then why the evolutionary conmen haven't found even a single transitional creature?

they have found many, you just keep moving the goalposts for what a transitional fossil is

>then why the evolutionary conmen haven't found even a single transitional creature?

Because it's a process.
A road, not stairs.

Simple.

One God, one holy book.

Buncha counterfeits and lies.

There are no new atheist arguments.

There is no atheist argument.

lol if evolution is real how come we are still around?

None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Don't take my word for it. Take Stephen Gould's. He's one of yours.

All species are transitional.

Infinite Multiverse says Spider-Man exists, in infinite forms. God exists too but for other reasons.

But spiderman does exist you stupid memer

>implying this entire board is not proof of my existence

Proof that Socrates existed

Every single fucking last organism is a "transitional" creature. God fucking dammit why are creationists literally braindead.

Not an argument

Go ahead and post that passage again, I'll explain how you're misinterpreting it again.

Is memri-tv a joke? I hope it is.

i love the hipocracy of you cunts, "retarded theisits beliving the word of god in a book purley on faith" il let mac show you why you guys are hipocrits though youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk8UdV7GQ0

you dont function without it you retard, your religion is consumerism you conform to socity thats your religion you sap, you belive what others tell you without going through the data yourself, you follow what is most popular whats most socialy acceptable

That's some wild projection.

its the truth, i hardly doubt you consider anything outside of your social group, you most definatly follow the same religion as them, but your dont put a name on it becuase you dont want to be catorgarized and having it be named means your under some sort of regime or under a thumb, fucking wake up and smell the hipocricy. make your own opinions think for yourself

>think for yourself
>by joining one of around five intellectual traditions that demand complete compliance and orthodoxy of thought, and have a specific term for the crime of having a different opinion

you asume im part of those traditions, you dumb cunt, again you couldnt think outside your box to asume there are other ways of thinking that to adhere to some sort of order, you dont need a religion to have your eyes open, but you do need to think for yourself

If witness testimonies are proof that the holocaust happened then why aren't written testimonies proof of Jesus?

if God doesn't exsist then why is the Earth flat?

Well it's a pretty good analogy OP.

You can view the Bible as simply a great piece of literature with Jesus as the superhero, and in many ways he is.

Perhaps there is something to the idea that religion simply is a guide to life, and not a scientific theory(which is how most people view religion, even religious people).

>make your own opinions think for yourself

I.E. Agree with you.

Everyone already makes their own opinions and thinks for themselves, everyone is shaped by social pressures and has things they take on faith. Part of growing up is realizing both of these things.

>You can view the Bible as simply a great piece of literature with Jesus as the superhero, and in many ways he is.

I've read it, it really isn't that good. There were a small handful of high points and most of it was tedious waste.

As with any book, that's your personal opinion.

The point I was trying to make was that it doesn't have to be literally true to be valuable for humans.

>adhere to some sort of order
For one thing, a thought process that adheres to some sort of order is by no means dependent on a supernatural power. For another, why is having a thought process that satisfies this criteria so objectively important?

That's fine, but it does have to be literally true for the things within it to be literally true. For instance, the Abrahamic God or the resurrection of Jesus.

You don't see people hopping up to say "Yeah, well the Iliad sure is a nice book!" when people criticize the notion of Zeus existing.

>For instance, the Abrahamic God or the Resurrection of Jesus

Well both of those things(e.g gods and resurrections) are vastly older ideas than Christianity itself.

Maybe it's more to it than simply "This literally happened in time and space".

no, not neccesarily agreeing with me, just to see the hipocracy in "religion is bullshit" and "beliving the words of some dickheads who wrote the bible on faith"
expand on what you are talking about please, the post you replied to has no mention of supernatural powers and seems to be neither for or against religion

I'm sorry you're upset. If it makes you feel better, just remember that I'm going to hell and you aren't.

Bait

The reply chain is pro-religion, to the extent that the non-religious must secretly "actually" adhere to a worse religion than others.

Totally unrelated, but the other day I was at the gym (it's a Jewish version of the YMCA, it just happens to be really nice), flipping through the channels on the treadmill TV and found some kind of bizarro world Jewish version of MEMRI-TV. I just watched it for an entire hour. It contained such gems as:
>Palestinians are beasts
>It's okay to kill civilians because they celebrate when we kill them
>Truly, there are no possible valid arguments against Israeli settlements. Just look at this bible quote.

the reply chain seems to imply the person is not taken a side and is trying to point out a hipocracy of sorts

aaaah, resorting to the "why u mad" response, keep in mind i did not specify that i was pro or anti religion which solidifys your stupidity, in asuming that becuase im pointing out you being a hipocrit who is clearly against religion, then i must be for it, nothing suggests that. but its been nice, always fun to trigger the self proclaimed 'athiest'

If it were true, there wouldn't be so many monotheistic religions.