Itt: we post our cryptocurrency rookie mistakes

Itt: we post our cryptocurrency rookie mistakes

I'll go first. I bought a low volume shitcoin and now it'll take forever to fluctuate

I deleted the key storage by mistake for my ETC wallet and lost about 5 ETC. Luckily I still have 45 more on my hardware wallet but I lost $100.

I bought DASH and held it from $100 down to $50. Then I fucking sold

Traded 50 dollar eth for shitcoin day trading.

bought moon at 2 sat

I held fiat in mtgox

Not sure if that's gonna be much of a mistake soon

Went into the bull trap like an idiot, TWICE. Also bought the news earlier this month, before LTC got segwit, after which it dropped trmendously and I became a holder of empty bags.

Then my noob mistake would be selling moon i got for 2 sat.

I listened to faggots on Veeky Forums talking about "insider info on korean whales" and bought eth at an ATH of $53 the day before a huge dip

Didnt hurt me too bad in retrospect, but i could have got it 20% cheaper.

mined 10k of DGB and sold it several times by pieces at 200 sats to diversify, i had like 10 - 25 of several shitcoins, among them RDD, XRP, SIA, EGC, TRST. now i'm holding them waiting for next pump and dump

bump

Believing in shitcoin devs and defending them here.

my first day, i converted all my eth and bought "lomocoin" cuz it was surging at the time at 1650. then it plummeted and has never risen above 700 since. and im stuck with a shitload.

kekked

I used coinbase for a whole month before switching to a fiat exchange that doesn't rape you

I post on Veeky Forums.

Breakeven of 13.1k on XRP and it's my most BTC value. Thinking of just taking it out and saying fuck it because I don't have anything to invest with right now but some people are saying it's coming back.

>Misstyped my phone number in the verification tab on bittrex
>Had to create a new account just because I've found no way to change the phone number
>Missed some pumps
life is suffering

Just started this week. My worst mistakes so far are chasing surging coins at their ATH and taking unsupported advice from Veeky Forums on what coins are sure things. Of course, I'm not a total retard so I haven't committed any substantial amount of money to trading. I also got really lucky on day 1 so I'm essentially where I started even after those mistakes.

Sold all my ETH at $20.

uh oh thats me. what do you use

Locked myself out of coinbase after initiating a purchase...luckily I was able to recover my 2FA, but I was extremely panicked when I thought I had lost my BTC.

Also I sent a small amount of bitcoin between exchanges instead of sending doge for a lower fee.

euros tend to go for kraken, gemini for US

easy fix m8... despite the "I'm all in" meme, never go all in

I remember years ago before there was Veeky Forums crypto threads were posted on /pol/ One of the big coins being shilled was StableCoin (SBC).

I bought .1 BTC for like $100 at the time, and used it to buy like 25,000 SBCs in hopes it would reach a dime to a quarter per coin so I could make a hefty ROI. What happened was the crypto market crashed shortly after with the BTC going back down to $200-400 a coin and the SBC crashed along with the dev disappearing and halting progress on the coin altogether.

I mean it was only $100 so no big deal, but that was my first salty foray in crypto and shitcoins. If I would've just kept that .1 BTC in a BTC wallet till today, I could've doubled my return.

I plan on getting back in the game by having a long term investment of around $500 in BTC, $1500 in ETH, and then spread around $3k in other coins; probably Bancor, BAT, and DGB.

ah ok, gemini taking 3 days to verify me

Mined XMR when it was new. Then deleted my wallet when I decided "this crypto shit's for the birds."

I lost so much goddamn money...

Also, I bought Pandacoin.

bought moon at 3 sats. i've already written it off as a scam, not even going to try to sell it anymore