Why are the romans so forced yet their history and culture are so boring?

why are the romans so forced yet their history and culture are so boring?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemi_ships
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycurgus_Cup
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's an essential part of our history as Europeans -or euro-americans, in the case of the US-.

I find Romans boring too, but I understand that students must learn about them.

kys

theyre boring for the same reason Seinfeld is boring now. everyone else ripped off of them so much that when you see the original, it seems derivative.

>everyone else ripped off of them so much
But the Romans took a lot of ideas from the people who came before them, just like what every major country has done in history.

Ancient history is never boring. Rome is no exception, and it's what people are exposed to the most in school and popular culture because they were so influential over a large part of the world for such a long time

Your opinion is uninformed.

I just don't understand what's boring about Roman history. You could spend the next year reading about the late republic and still be amazed.

Tell me one amazing fact about Rome.

nobody succesfully ripped off seinfeld except maybe sunny. Seinfeld remains unboring

They built two ships almost as big as your momma

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemi_ships

Kill yourself.

they played opposite day for christmas

they mobilized armies so huge their numbers wouldn't be matched until the modern age

they invented the mother of all justice systems in the current world and originated the ideas of "rule of law" and "due process"

they had so much running water and they took three baths a day

they could make some amazing fish dishes

they constantly complained about degenerancy and decadence despite everyone calling them decadent degenerates

they left worship of the gods to the state because they didn't really care about gods as much as their ancestors and then Mithras

They were able to manage a feat of nanoengineering, even if by pure accident.

Neither are boring. To think that you have to be the biggest ignoramus on the board.

What? Excuse my ignorance but are you referring to Lucretius?

No, I'm referring to the Lycurgus Cup.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycurgus_Cup

So Boring? Compared to what?
They had finer architecture than would be recreated for millennia, and used engineering techniques that would not be replicated until the enlightenment.

I find it utterly fascinating how well organized and strictly logical thought out their military, laws, and organization of the state was while they were at the same time so religious and superstitious. In some instances it seems so absurd, it's actually hilarious.

btw speaking of hilarious, you should try reading Petronius' Satyricon, OP. It might give you a more entertaining picture of Romans.

Just fucking kys OP

Lupercalia

Also they made artificial lake put lots of ship into and renacted a battle just for celebrations.

>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Nothing's ever boring if you know where to look

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

Roman culture just takes like 1000 years to get good desu.

The Chinese built larger.

>they mobilized armies so huge their numbers wouldn't be matched until the modern age

The Chinese an Indians fielded larger armies at equivalent and earlier time points.

>they invented the mother of all justice systems in the current world

No they didn't. Laws for a state were first laid down by Hammurabi. The modern legal system owes far more to enlightenment values and the Napoleonic code than it does from the Romans.

>they had so much running water and they took three baths a day

They lounged about in hot springs/baths. Many cultures did.

they constantly complained about degenerancy and decadence despite everyone calling them decadent degenerates

Just like pretty much every other civilisation comparing outsiders.

>They were able to manage a feat of nanoengineering, even if by pure accident.

So did the Indians and Vikings.

>They had finer architecture than would be recreated for millennia
>and used engineering techniques that would not be replicated until the enlightenment.

Both false - the first is subjective, and engineering-wise they were not that exceptional.

>Also they made artificial lake put lots of ship into and renacted a battle just for celebrations.

And greater spectacles have been done as reenactments throughout history.

Is that the best you children can come up with in response. Is it that hard when your little hugbox and echo chamber speaks out against you?

The childish responses on this board and thread clearly show that Romanboos are amongst the worst history fanbases of all. Full of casuals and bandwagoners and children who never grew up from their idyllic biased history books.

They defeated the Huns

They were the most Veeky Forums of all the ancient peoples

Fuck of Romaboos are the best.

Your entire response can be summarize as:

"NOO!!!11!"

Theirs and ancient greek genes are the reason we have femboys today.

Fuck you, Chink.

Hey chink, nobody will ever care about your faggot culture. You got cucked by the Europeans in the early modern/modern era and you would have been cucked by Rome in antiquity as well if you ever came into contact with them. Now fuck off and die.

>The Chinese an Indians fielded larger armies at equivalent and earlier time points.

Implying ancient people could count.

statisms only for the cool kids f4m

>build larger ships and do absolutely nothing noteworthy
>build them 800 years after the Romans

Rome at its peak had the most well equipped, well trained standing armies of antiquity.

The extensive network of roads the Romans built are certainly worth mentioning along with coliseums and aqueducts. But let's look at a smaller part of Roman architecture, the dome. Every dome is not reliant on any internal supporting structures but rather its own weight and the interlacing of tiles/brick to support its enormous mass.

Ancient cultures tended to exaggerate army sizes for effect. This is true on both Roman and Chinese sides.
>Cao Cao claiming to have 800k+ soldiers at Chi Bi
That's near impossible logistically.
And one of the contenders for largest naval battle in history in terms of manpower involved and would go unchallenged in scale until 1942 is the battle of Ecnomus. (If ancient accounts can be relied upon)

If other reenactments are more spectacular, mind shedding light on what those may be?

Fuaark rome is 2fashy4me. I get an ordnungboner just thinking about it

Buttsex

Becasue you recognize so much in the romans which you see today, like law, armies, government etc

Except for the constant civil wars, feuds, general oligarchy etc