Polygamy: in which multiple people love each other...

>Polygamy: in which multiple people love each other, enter into a consensual agreement between one another and abide by each other's agreed upon terms, is wrong, immoral and illegal

>Adultery: in which a man or a woman deceived and manipulated their spouse, strung them along through deceipt, ruining their life and family, potentially exposing them to STDs, is perfectly legal and faces no punishment, and the taboo on adultery is decreasing year by year

Why is polygamy illegal and immoral in western society?

It's part of plot by Chad to jail the Brad.

Because God said so.

Convenient legal reason is because they're against pedophilia.

Interesting how its always the male who gets polywives.

Because Western society lost its way a long time ago. Adultery should still be illegal.

God said polygamy is fine if there's a shortage of men, such as in wartime. It just isn't the most natural or ideal setup, and is bound to cause problems, especially when there's a balance of men and women. Read your Bible.

Polygyny is a joke. No man wants to be a cuck.

The US has been in a state of wartime for 90% of its existence.

So it should be legal by common law?

its legal if its a religious thing

he didn't say wartime itself makes it fine he says wartime is one thing that can cause a situation (shortage of men) where it's fine.

Better question is why isnt adultery

Even though most people don't realize it, our current Western society has incredibly arbitrary and hypocritical values and norms

The fact that homosexuality and sterile (birth control or post-menaupose) consensual incest arent treated the same is another proof of that

While should one be heavily normalized and the other put on the same level as pedophilia/zoophilia/rape..etc when both are deviancies that arent hurting anyone?

>incest and homosexuality are heavily normlised

Because women would rather be in a harem for a rich good looking Chad than than the only wife of a poor ugly guy. Just look at all the female groupies who want to get dicked by some rockstar with STDs even though they'd know they'd be probably the 200th woman he'd slept with.

Or African tribes where it's pretty much the chief who inseminates all the tribal women.

>and the other put on the same level as pedophilia/zoophilia/rape..
In my country, incest is legal and those things are not.

>wahhhh I should be allowed to marry another man and maybe suck off a horse on the weekend, my body my choice you disgusting bigot
>wahhhh a man marry four women is disgusting and antiquated and oppressive make it illegal

Really makes you think

Who are you quoting?

Im currently in an open relationship. Havent managed to lay any other women, while she's laid with at least 3 other dudes.

I feel kind if stupid, liie I'm being taken advantage of. Like a slightly less pathetic version of a fallback guy or friendzoned, because I'm at least having regular sex. Feeling like calling it off but I'll try and wait it out until i started banging another girly or two and see how i feel then.

it leads to a shortage of women which can upset the male population that is left without a woman, leading to instability. morality has nothing to do with it, its all social control and its for the better that it be kept illegal.
also it can be dysgenic if practiced commonly

lmao

>waaaah the western society is just disgusting decadent degenerates nowadays
>waaaah all morals ethics and laws are spooks

Meh.

Remove the waaaahs and you've got valid points.
It is true that polygamy is associated with male domination, and supporting the liberty of doing everything that does not hurt or oppress others as a central element of society is a valid political stance, that justifies a ban on polygamy.

Note that you're still allowed to fuck and live with multiple partners.

there is literally no way in which women are oppressed in modern western society, not even a little bit. Stop this bullshit, women are adults, not children, they can make their own decisions. Nobody puts a gun to women's heads and tells them to enter into a polygamous relationship if they did do that in the west, it would still be consensual.

Oh no wait, you feminists think all women are brainless idiots being manipulated by le evil menz and women have no accountability.

You're like those feminists that chastise a guy for not proposing the FWB that he has regular consensual sex with.

It almost always ends up oppressing women.

>Why is polygamy illegal and immoral in western society?

>Be divorce lawyer
>Try to navigate the unholy mess of what a modern divorce can be when you have assets that might or might not all be in the same place as the jurisdiction of the divorce, kids who might or might not be biologically 0, 1, or both of the divorcing parties, you might have allegations of abuse, questions of lifestyle and who is the homemaker vs the breadwinner, etc.
>It's a 6 month process if every little stupid thing goes right, and it usually doesn't.
>Now you want to have multiple people involved in a marriage
>Which exponentially expands the rate at which a relationship can fracture. If you have 2 men and 3 women in a group marriage, do you do it differently if one of them wants to break off from all of them as opposed to a single couple, man and woman, who want to break off from the other three? What do you do when parental responsibility is diffused between more than two people, and some of them are yanked away, but not the entire set?

We don't have polygamy because we're not, as a society, set up to handle polygamy.

Assuming you're talking about the God of the Old Testament, there are no qualifications on 'shortage of men' or anything else. God is ok with one man and several women, but not the reverse, and certainly doesn't give any indication as to in some circumstances it's fine and others it's not.

Of course there are ways in which women are oppressed.
And of course people, among which women, are not absolutely rational and autonomous agents following their own interests.

Ageing past 18/21/whatever legal age to marry is set by the laws of your state does not magically give the affected humans the ability to make their OWN decisions.
For one thing, no one is intellectually independent. But more to the point, obviously, various sorts of social and material constraints and pressure can make an adult take bad decisions and consent to harmful things. Not to mention that human intelligence tends to fail regularly.

You're absurdly pretending to believe in a fiction, because you would like to see women being hurt.
Well read the statistics about domestic violence, and be content with that and stop wishing for worse.

You goofed. Get on tinder and start getting some, or you need to call it off.

lol, so basically all you're saying is that women are children and can't act like adults so we should treat them like children and therefore they are oppressed?

Face it, you WANT to be eternal victims, just like the kikes, you want to have your cake and eat it to. You want to get the privileges of being coddled and treated with kiddy gloves and then you want sympathy for such privileges.

Most male on female domestic violence is reciprocal and initiated by the female (i.e. she hits him, he hits back way harder). Female on male nonreciprocal domestic violence is actually way higher than male on female nonreciprocal domestic violence.

But of course since women are soft as butter all we ever hear about is how women are victims of domestic violence and they can murder their husbands and cry on national television that he was abusive and they didn't mean to kill him and we'll say "gee what a poor women, this is how women are oppressed"

>implying the jewish lawyers that run and profit from the divorce industry wouldn't jizz their pants from all the money to be made off that

hol up so what you be saying is that MEN are the real victims, really made me think

men that face domestic violence definitely are. i can't wait for violence to be redefined as physical power plus systemic power

>there are ways in which women are oppressed

there are ways in which men are oppressed

This is bait, right?

Also this thread belongs on /pol/, not Veeky Forums

Basically I'm saying that you're a bitter idiot.

Also that adults are not what you think they are. Again, reaching the legal majority age does not make anyone free and autonomous.

Exterior constraints and individual failings should be accounted for.
Indeed, I do not think it is right to allow some people to profit from other people weaknesses and tell the latter that they deserved it for being weak.
So if it is treating people like children, then yes that's what I'm supporting.

Better to treat people as children, but real, human ones, than as abstract, fictional free spirits, anyway.

I don't want people to be victims. I'm against identity politics of all kinds. I want people to enjoy their lives as much as possible. And to approach that goal, the state and whatever organisation that is able must help the individuals, and not let them fend for themselves.

Because protecting your own interests gets harder as they are attacked more.
Ultimately, education and horizontal organization is the answer. But we can't educate and organize people, or expect them to do it themselves, with significant success, when we let them struggle alone in their daily lives against those who would oppress them, and fail.

Every bit of liberation helps to get the next one.

Of course they are. And they need help too, so that they can help themselves.

Reading comprehension much?
He said homosex is heavily normalized, not incest

Being a beta virgin >>>>> LITERALLY UNIRONICALLY being a cuck

except a cuck is literally raising someone elses kids.

That's not the definition of cuck
Cuck = someone whose gf/wife has sex with other men

The origin is from cuckoo bird, where they would get other birds to raise their babies.

the more you know

I was referencing the New Testament. Polygamy is presented repeatedly in the Old Testament, but in the Gospels Jesus specifies that the ideal of marriage is between one man and one woman, and Revelation spells out that polygamy only makes sense when there's a shortage of men.

STOP Veeky Forums, WE ARE NOT /R9K/, WE ARE THE INTELLIGENT/POL/!

Yes, but getting cucked = having your woman sleep with other men
The name was taken from the fact such behavior could often result in the man raising children that arent his (especially before birth control), but the children part isnt necessary to be a cuck, just having your woman sleep out is enough

Would a couple who swap partners in the same room still be cucking?

the only sustainable system of polygamy is within Islam. What this does is leave a whole caste of mate-deprived disaffected males who are more persuadable into jihad ie beta uprisings.

Not according to shakespeare. See how its used in Othello.

Sure, but they would be cucking each other.

is that way you virgin