Why didn't Germans just go around the Berlin wall?

Why didn't Germans just go around the Berlin wall?

It was against the rules.

it turns out the whole time the wall wasn't around them but in everyone's hearts

/thread

Shit meme

t. Hideaki Anno

Walls are titans.

Germans are retarded

Why didn't Jews just dig a tunnel out of Auschwitz?

Why didn't Zhukov's soldiers steal German guns?

Why didn't Frodo just threw the ring into the garbage bin?

They did. They'd go to Bulgaria, then to Turkey, then to West Germany, if they could afford to do so.

Why didn't Karl Marx just start a co op?

Why didn't Varus return the legions?

Why didn't Alexander just stop?

why didn't hannibal just use elephants to open the gates of rome?

they should have thrown it into the ocean t b h. i don't know what Gandalf was thinking when he thought it would somehow find its way back to the shore if they did that

t. M. Night Shamalayanabananaman

Do you feel fucking proud?

Yeah.

Why didn't he just stack the elephants and use them to step over the Alps?

underrated post

He tried to but there was too much inertia and they just ran over a bunch of Indians.

Why didnt Napoleon invade Russia during summer?

They did, look at Middle Earth now, its now North Harad.

Why didn't Bush do 9/11?

>. i don't know what Gandalf was thinking when he thought it would somehow find its way back to the shore if they did that

The oceans neither empty nor bottomless, and the ring is constantly, subtly influencing events around it. It might take centuries, but no matter where you throw it away it would eventually find its way back to Sauron.

even if you took it to Valinor? although that might make one of the gods into another Morgoth now that i think about it

Germans only take the most efficient way.

Right, you can't just keep it either, since it corrupts its possesor. (Also why the ring bearer couldn't be a powerful being like Gandalf.)

Keeping the Ring away from Sauron wasn't good enough and I don't know how this isn't obvious given everyone was about to die before Gollum fell into Mount Doom with the Ring. They weren't strong enough to beat him militarily so they needed to destroy the Ring to not all die. If they hid the Ring away they would just be delaying Sauron's domination.
I doubt any ship carrying the Ring would be able to sail to Valinor, it would mess up the straight path they need to navigate to make it.

Get shot

They should have just flown over the volcano on that bird

>be strong enough from the beginning to conquer the lesser beings of the world you're now inhabiting

>decide instead to give yourself a blatant vulnerability by putting most of your power into a magic ring and then losing the magic ring and later not noticing the effort to destroy it even though it'll mean your doom because you're conveniently incapable of understanding the concept of others not falling for the obvious trap of trying to use the ring for personal gain even though you already know from experience this is a possibility per the elves

Tolkien was a hack.

>be strong enough from the beginning to conquer the lesser beings of the world you're now inhabiting
he wasn't though. the ring made him stronger and brought rulers of all the important races save elves to his side

nigga u dumb

lmao

He was already a god.

You're not an argument.

Witnessed

many did, they went to Czechoslovakia and crossed into the west there

>He was already a god.
you're thinking of Morgoth

>He was already a god.
He was the same kind of being as gandalf with a similar amount of power

>Morgoth

No I'm thinking of the Maiar.

>In the Valaquenta, Tolkien wrote that the Maiar are "spirits whose being also began before the world, of the same order as the Valar but of less degree".

>similar amount of power

>Tolkien noted that he was of a "far higher order" than the Maiar who later came to Middle-earth as the Wizards Gandalf and Saruman.
> Carpenter, Humphrey, ed. (1981), The Letters of J. R. R. Tolkien, Boston: Houghton Mifflin, p. 243, footnote, ISBN 0-395-31555-7

Made me chuckle

It wasn't as big a vulnerability as you'd think. The movie shows Isildur cutting the Ring off and then Sauron exploding but in the book Sauron was already defeated when Isildur cut the ring from his hand.

Why didn't Mongols just go around the Great Wall?

Why didn't Frodo just give the ring to Tom Bombadil?