Why East-asian countries are now developed nations ?

Why East-asian countries are now developed nations ?
Why asian immigrants integrate themselves better than the rest ?

I know this is a culturalist argument, but really what can explain that ? Confucianism ?

Why is this thread so shit?

it was created by a 50 cent party guy. Who makes China shill threads every day on his

>Why is
No no, it's "Why this thread is so shit?", pay attention.

This isn't about China though.

Genetics

Higher cognitive function = less high risk taker and more intelligent decisions

Bullshit. Go back to /pol/

For a very long time Asians didn't integrate into our society. They had to form their own neighborhoods and work within them to get any real work. If they branched outside of that, they either had to open a restaurant or work as laundrymen.

They wanted to, but American society would not let them. Even second generation kids with college education faced discrimination, and often were relegated back to restaurants and laundry shops.

not an argument whiteboi

I'm not american, and in my country, there is no doubt that Asians (Vietnamese, Chinese) are way more successful than the rest.
Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the US, Asians are not the most violent community. Again, why ?

>China
>developed

lel

It's more like heavy American economic and military investment propped up South Korea and Japan as bulwarks against communism. South Korea benefited from sending troops to Vietnam and Japan benefited from both the Korean and Vietnam wars. Japan has always benefited from the suffering of other Asians so this is nothing new.

There's also the cultural effect of historically being somewhat technologically advanced relative to other civilizations, so these countries could excel in electronics manufacturing and design once they got their industries and education up to speed. SK and Taiwan got rich off that in particular.

China is sort of doing the same thing, except they're following a more Singaporean model and taking advantage of Western MNC greed.

As for immigrants, I don't know.

t. Chinaman

t. cuck

I'm not sure about Viets/Chinese, but I know that Japanese people have an insane work ethic where some of them will work like 17+ hours a day.

Talk to expats over there and you will find these "hours worked" are expanded to save face. Sure people stay in the office from 4am to 10pm, but the actual time spent being productive is comparable to the Western world.

It depends on the field, but you are mostly right. It causes friction among Japanese managers and their western workers. Whitey just wants to go home and weeb out, while the manager wants them to sit around and "work".

because we only want to work and get the money, not into rapey things

Yeah, the Japanese work ethic is a bit of a meme.

>tfw your boss is chilling in his office and it's 9 PM so you can't leave but nobody has assigned you any more tasks to do so you just sit there and pretend to edit a document

What happens if you leave? Would they just think you're a shitbag, but you'd still get paid the same?

Probably no one would mind unless you leave work undone, that scenario sounds like pure autism

That's what they want you to think. Adding two other countries in it to pretend it's neutral. If not why ask Confucianism ? Why not Mongol tengrism. Japanese Shintoism.

Fucking chinks.

Because despite the efforts of Japanese imperialists, Shintoism had no meaningful impact beyond the shores of Japan. Confucianism and Buddhism are important threads that link East Asia together aside from other cultural similarities.

>Muhhhh genetics

Spooky.

Truth is their culture is a servile culture that tolerates and venerates some autocratic overlord controlling their lives which enables the elite to ""''develop""" the country while riding roughshod over the peasantry .

That form of govt would never fly in most other countries where the population would rebel because we value individual liberty over material pursuits.

There's a billion Chinese.

Why can't we replace all the white kids in Britain with Chinese? We'd all be so much better off?

Buddhism is an Indian export and SE Asian Buddhist countries have more historically more Indian influence than Chinese. Even Tibetan Buddhism is more influenced by Hindu tantric practises than Confucianism.

Confucianism is a meme only in mainland, Taiwan, HK, Singapore and prob Viet. No where else.

Neo-Confucianism was pretty important in Japan.

Not him, but South Korea is the most Confucian country on the planet. I don't think the Chinese are Confucian anymore.

t. Worst Korean

Why do people even consider confucianism and to a lesser extent buddhism religions?

Ancestors veneration is pretty important in confucianism, but yes, that's not really a religion. Buddhism, on the other hand, the way it's practiced by Chinese, Japanese etc. is clearly a religion.

It's considered because we're discussing it from a eurocentric perspective and have no other ways of attributing why another society might be different from our default society.
Buddhism and ancestor veneration today really aren't that impactful on east asian societies imo. Having a small altar for your deceased is really more tradition for the sake of tradition.

From what I've seen in Japan, they really don't care about religion. But, I was surprised to see almost all of them believed in spirits, ghosts. I might be wrong, but I believe it's what's left of shinto today.