How would and or should a Fascist country work...

How would and or should a Fascist country work? I'm currently writing a story which involves a Fascist nation in relatively modern times. I'm not trying to write some jerk me off Nazi fanfic, but trying to get to the core of what Fascism is or was. If you need more info on the setting I'll say as much. I just want to gain some perspective on how a Fascist nation works, and how would it go about working in practice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbbL4l359bo&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

extreme nationalism that can be racist (hitler) or non racist (mussolini before he had to suck hitler's dick)

There is some racism, but not really genocidal. They feel themselves more culturally superior then racially. So there is stuff like segregation but their not genocidal.

fascism just means the central leadership, which has the power to declare war and to execute criminals, has no accountability via elections or other democratic means. otherwise, the government could operate in any way.

historically i believe fascist countries typically tried to foster a strong sense of national pride and identity. could be based on ethnicity, pseudo-ethnicity (e.g., whiteness, head shape, etc.), religion, or some other core belief

Depends on the country and the various factors leading up to the fascist government. It's a very broad definition, and can be used on anything from Duterte-Philipines to Social-democratic yet pretty nationalistic (at least up until the early 00's) Norway.

If you wanna do as the commies and say "real fascism hasn't -really- been tried, it should be like X", check out this vid on Mosley: youtube.com/watch?v=zbbL4l359bo&

emeritus professor at columbia u robert o paxton defined it in 2004 as:

Fascism may be defined as a form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity, in which a massed-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external explansion

he goes on...

…a sense of overwhelming crisis beyond reach of traditional solutions; 2. belief one’s group is the victim, justifying any action without legal or moral limits; 3. need for authority by a natural leader above the law, relying on the superiority of his instincts; 4. right of the chosen people to dominate others without legal or moral restraint; 5. fear of foreign 'contamination

you can probably find a lot of different definitions and characteristics of fascism. I think a lot of historians see myriad influences from both the left and right on fascist ideology.

and just to add... the paxton definition and charteristics I posted are the ones I find most workable

Food for thought. The subject of Fascism is the state, nation or race. The subject of Liberalism is the individual. The subject of communism is class.

it really just doesn't work, or claim to. it requires everyone else to be incompetent so that aggression without anything special to back it up with appears competent by comparison.

Imagine 1950s America, but get rid of the Congress and Supreme Court.

>How would a Fascist country work?

It won't, the closest you'll get is north korea.

Imagine how the Donald would run the US if he were the sole arbiter of power.

That.

Fascism is at its core very opportunistic, it will take what ever popular and try and make it work with the ideology.

if you need to ask us, you probably should be writing about something you're more knowledgeable about.

Pinochet or Putin + ethnonationalism

>Fascism is at its core very opportunistic
isn't this true for all political ideologies? Communism and Liberalism found themselves to be very malleable pertaining to whatever circumstance the nations which adopted them found themselves in culturally and historically.

trump really is a fascist isn't he

read umberto eco's Ur Fascism.
it explains the essence of what all fascist movements had in common really well

Wut, lmao.