Veeky Forums approved vidya

Veeky Forums approved vidya

pic related though my autism isn't strong enough to enjoy it

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?142868-If-you-suffer-from-crashes-and-you-have-a-64bit-system-this-may-help
mediafire.com/?otaf444g3aofngm
youtube.com/watch?v=kbcoOqGKFi8
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-collection-kryos-eu4-mods-tot-rbm-and-more.836350/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

did somebody say...
...alcohol simulator?

Cossacks
Verdun
CMANO
Decisive Campaigns series
AGEOD games like Rise of Prussia
Pretty much anything Matrix Games has

Paradox games are what got me into history.

Age of Empires II

Rule the Waves

I'm skeptical that your autism isn't strong enough considering the Paradox titles are baby's first grand strategy games. How did you approach Vic2?

>vicky 3 when it comes out will invariably become a bloated piece of shit thanks to the infinite stream of dlc
>vicky 2 has bugs like artisans being eternally starving and exploits like
>other paradox games are just not as good
Fuck everything

Not him, but I agree. Played a bit of HoI2 in high school but I no longer have the patience or the will to try and relearn them.

it would seem that vicky 2 is for advanced babbys because i havent really ventured into it at all

i was told to start with EUIV or CK2 so thats what i'ma do

Let me guess kurek vic1 is better?

HoI has been and probably will remain the one Paradox game that doesn't play like the others. It's much more like a traditional wargame. Vic/EU/CK all operate on very similar principles and are really straightforward. You just have to accept that first time you play a Paradox game, your nation/dynasty will not last long. It's a learning experience. Enjoy what is basically an alt-history simulator.

Vic2 is my favorite Paradox game, but I haven't played HoI4 yet.

>I haven't played HoI4 yet
If you liked HOI3 i'd stay away from HOI4 if you enjoyed the intricacies from the previous one. It is kind of unfortunate how accurate the comparison to a mobile game HOI4 is.

Victoria 2 has an insanely intricate economy. Pick it up before you criticize.

I think the criticism here is that if you pick USA or Prussia you can ignore most features and just cruise through the game doing little but feeling like you accomplished a lot.

Europa Barbarorum 2.

Mount and Blade
Any /gsg/
4x games
Total War

I also like shooters like Verdun and Red Orchestra

Does that shit not crash yet?

The third updating is coming at some point. Its OK now, but getting better

Aight i'll give it a another shot.

I'm waiting for the next update before I get it again, myself.

When was the last version you played?

The first like, release version 2 year ago? I think.

Its on version 2.2f right now. Its come a long way, it was unplayable at first launch I'd say.

I'm waiting for 2.3

has anyone played pic related? if so what did you think? reviews on steam are currently mixed

It's really good. If you've played one of the old Cossacks games and enjoyed it, you'll enjoy this because they really don't do much different. The major change is the visuals and the polish but at it's core, it's faithful to the old games. Some people would say to a fault but I don't mind people pandering to nostalgia when it's for games that were already pretty damn fun.

My Veeky Forums autism is so strong now I can't enjoy any of these games anymore, and want to make my own.

All right, thanks.

>medieval 2 game
>crashing
you dumb.
The campaign is better than EB1.
Just autoresolve the battles.

>tfw tried to play Victoria II but end up staring at the screen and doing nothing because there's so much to do I'm overwhelmed
>Tfw the only """"Strategy"""" games I've played is Total war and I suck at it

yeah same, only enjoyment i get out of it is fucking up other countries

>he gets scared by an interface
I bet you think starcraft is a game about strategy as well huh.

>Just autoresolve the battles.
Then what's the point of even playing?

I think you're overwhelmed by the UI, there's not that much to do. Yes, Vic2 has a deep economy but you don't have to get in the weeds with it - especially as more powerful nations. EU3 was my first Paradox game. I started it as France, and mostly just watched and observed how the game played out. I was okay with losing horribly because losing horribly is how you learn the mechanics. Failure is useful.

building a comfy empire.
The mod has enough depth to act as an antiquity simulator.

The battles work, don't just auto-resolve it!

I've just always been really bad at video games

I don't think TW mechanics lend themselves to comfy building. Eventually it just becomes a matter of buying every building you can afford each turn.

good luck going that in EB when you have to disband levies half the time.

The colony and government system is pretty damn good. Also, you are supposed to play EB like a bit of an RP game as well as a checkbox manager.

I've played EB1 and it's not really that different. You just have a tighter purse and some scripts that limit what you can buy at any time and place.

I think Shogun 2 and later games did this a bit better where you could stack certain buildings, region bonuses, and emphasized techs to maximize the effectiveness of a certain way of gameplay, but even then it's limited.

Scourge of War is pretty good but I don't see it mentioned much

Those games have the worst UIs I have seen in strategy games in a very, very long time.

Shogun II > Atilla > Medieval 2 > Rome 2 > Rome > Empire

Total War: Warhammer of course

Polk's vision realized

Mount & Blade is one of my favorites.
Lots of historical mods to use.

I hope someone makes a good Three Kingdoms mod for Bannerlord.

Does anyone remember the original Empire Earth? That was probably the best civ builder I've ever played, though not at all historically accurate if I remember correctly.

>no 54-40
i bet you didn't even fight

The Vorenus and Pullo of their decade.

I will second that EB 2 is great when it's not crashing. How's Hegemony? I need more Geek shit.

>tfw no Diadochi focused game

Won't take Oregon to 54° 40', but will attack Mexico to appease some slave owners.

Hegemony 1 is probably getting pretty dated. 3 isn't bad but it desperately needs the ability to speed up games.

Both the US and Mexico would be better off today for this.

This is a fucking great game.

Based Cao Cao poster.

Divide et Impera 1.2 is out, with a working population system. Pretty comfy to be pretty honest with you guys.

Again, you aren't supposed to mindlessly build every other building. Read the building descriptions and what they mean.

This is even more clear in EB2 when they literally have a colony system that allows you to create colonies of your people around the world.

When you start off as rome, you can only recruit camillian soldiers from roma itself while your allies provide the bulk of your soldiers. Every 4 in game years (16 turns) you are given access to a colony of roman settlers that you can plop in territory that has has the requisite government type. Building the building in a city slowly romanizes/hellenizes the province over time.

My personal favorite campaign was my Epirus run where I crushed the military might of rome, took over magna graecia and just turtled over a century and a half while slowly hellenizing italy.

Europa barbarorum 1/2 is about embracing the historical autism.

use the LAA patch. my game runs pretty stable

>use the LAA patch.
The what now?

Large address aware. It allows the medieval 2 executable to use more than 2GB of ram.
It's basically a requirement for the game now.

....fuck.

So if I do this then it won't randomly crash even when I put the settings so low it looks worse than Medieval 1?

I fell you. You need at least 90000 autism levels to enjoy vic

yes.

Here's a helpful link.
forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?142868-If-you-suffer-from-crashes-and-you-have-a-64bit-system-this-may-help
while this is for Rome Total war, its the same thing for medieval 2.

... just watch someone playing the game, that's all you need to learn how to play it yourself

what should my borders be

Take Vienna.

What mod

>Europa barbarorum 1/2 is about embracing the historical autism.

If only. What you just explained is my major complaint with the campaign mode. It's like trying to mod Skyrim - you can pretty it up all you like and add lots of content, but it doesn't change the underlying mechanics. It's still a waiting game, and the extent of its role playing is waiting for a character to reach a certain age and then having them wait in the right place with the right time period and development level to trigger a script that gives them a trait.

This is not historical autism, but autism involving triggering the right flags at the right tie to fit someone else's timeline. It's the worst part of playing paused in a Paradox Game combined with the worst part of hitting end turn constantly waiting for all your building queues to finish in Civilization, but with an unstable battle system that sets a TW game apart from both.

Hats off to the EB guys for their dedication, but it's better served just making a giant wiki database.

The Danube, the Tigris, and the Nile

Everywhere with an Altaic speaking majority is your rightful clay + all of North Africa to Ethiopia.

It's the best we're ever going to get.

That's a given

My autism mod

Then I guess I'm almost there

This.

>My autism mod
It looks beautifel pls post

I fucking love Napoleon: Total War
I may be bad at it by I still enjoy it

mediafire.com/?otaf444g3aofngm

If you don't want the name changes and stuff just delete everything but the map folder

My list:

Victoria 2
Europa Universalis 3
Crusader Kings 2 (actually don't like it that much now but w/e)
Company of Heroes 2
Civ 5 (only MP tho)
Stronghold Crusader
AoE2
Verdun

Total War games:
Rome 1, 2 (with mods)
Medieval 2
Empire (with mods)
Napoleon (with mods)

>2017
>Ancient Empires still isn't out

Also, I love historical boardgames; I've got a full game of Virgin Queen coming up at the end of January, and I actually managed to find a used copy of Pax Britannica, and a group that wants to play it, which I'm hyped for, even though the game designer might be slightly insane,

>USA or Prussia
>Not UK
Bruh I saw a vid where the guy just started the game, set speed to max, then came back the following day once the game time had run out. He still managed to be the highest scoring nation.

>He's never played Aurora 4x

just play DEI friend :^)

Playing as the UK in V2 is like loading up someone else's save.

What, you mean EBII? Come on, dude, best at what?

How exactly is Vic 2's economy deep? Doesn't it have loads of bugs with interest and demand?

It's obtuse and unpredictable. It's probably the best economic sim I've seen in a game but that's not saying much.

>Doesn't it have loads of bugs with interest and demand?
...maybe? The only one at Paradox that knew how any of it worked left between expansions. So no one actually knows.

I want to say Total War: Empire.

>play Russia
>waves of linemen in green coats sweeping across Russia's enemies
>taking cannister shots to the face without wavering because everyone is a turbo badass after burning Chechnya to the ground about five times
>literally all military research has been put into improved bayonets
>they're so hard core that despite previously mentioned cannister shot tanking they suffer fewer casualties than the population of Moscow during the literally constant riots (youtube.com/watch?v=kbcoOqGKFi8 just replace America with Russia, irradiated with frozen, Mega City One with Moscow and judges with Cossacks)
>massive campaign against Turkey to retake holy Constantinople
>meanwhile the Siberian backyard is 95% animalism

>play India
>got a sick ass man eating tiger
>kick out all the muslims
>kick out all the yuros
>next muslim country is butthurt and declares war
>wipe the out
>next one is butthurt and declares war
>wipe out
>currently invading the ottomans
>meanwhile bongs declared war because they were allied with poortugal
>make peace with poortugal but bongs are still assmad
>build a massive fucking navy of third and fifth ships of the line
>i fucking suck at naval warfare in that game
>literally every naval battle is won by a swarming the enemy with at least five times their number in 3-5th ships of the line firing cannons in all directions and ramming and circling each other in utter chaos and confusion
>brits fucking invade in the east while the whole army is off fighting in the levant
>british mercs tear assing around india burning shit to the ground and causing rebellions chased by bottom rung indian infantry and the newest fanciest cannons
>the curry armade sets sail for britain to colonize them

Wish Napoleon had the global scope of Empire, it's mechanically superior but I love the multiple theatres of the latter.

If vicky 2 is your best idea of an economic sim /gsg/ really does rob people of real video game experiences

my advice would be to try and pick up something without a map you autist

>kek you autist stop with your baby games and play nongraphical indie econ sim games

Kaiserreich, anyone?

Me, but i havent play since months. Now im busy with Call of Warhammer, a mod for Medieval 2 tw

update when

So is this commie fanfic: the mod or what?

>strawman strawman strawman xD

Why is /gsg/ so incapable of providing anything resembling human conversation?

I could code a shitpost bot to make better conversation.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-collection-kryos-eu4-mods-tot-rbm-and-more.836350/

That's not what "Strawman" means.

I unistalled EB2 yesterday because it was unplayable with all those CTDs
Stainless Steel and Third Age are way better at this moment.

that's not what "shitposting" means

That doesn't even make sense.

>vicky 3
never gunna happen

+1

what do we think about HOI4?

What is happening?