What went wrong for Japan?

What went wrong for Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karōshi
investopedia.com/articles/investing/051515/impact-exchange-rates-japans-economy.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=KaxgmmjNrpA
youtube.com/watch?v=d-R547pAUIA
google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-CJB-29645?responsive=y?client=safari
investopedia.com/articles/investing/051515/impact-exchange-rates-japans-economy.asp#ixzz4VrnUVqwe
articles.latimes.com/2007/nov/09/world/fg-autopsy9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nothing

Other than long hours of making pretend to work and smallish apartments, Japan is objectively the best society on earth

You know nothing about Japan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karōshi

by what metric is Japan a bad place to live? crime rate? rape statistics? HIV infection rate? drug consumption rates? hdi? racial tensions?

Japan is objectively the best place to live on planet earth

japan has the ability to pay that down, ireland is fucked unless the debt can be paid in cows and rocks

Debt = good you morons lrn2finance

high saving levels so the the government must spend what people will not?

Japan owes mostly all of that debt to its own citizens, not foreign banks or powers.

They aren't diverse enough.

You forgot sheep brothels

God I would love to live in a country that isn't constantly beset with "race issues"

Japan will probably be the first to come up with a viable form of national basic income and AI economic integration

explain

Not that user but he's exaggerating, but debt and debt servicing gives your country a consistent credit rating.

>by what metric is Japan a bad place to live
it's estimated that due to current demographic trends Japan's population will be HALF of what it is today by 2050, that situation is totally unprecedented and who knows what kind of chaos it will cause

>all companies have half as many customers and will suffer severe losses
>half of all real estate will go idle and be unmaintained
>extreme labor shortages for jobs not in high demand

I wonder what would happen if Japan defaulted on its internal debts (which is the bulk of it)?

The Free Market will likely fix it.

there is literally nothing wrong with a contraction in population when half of Tokyo lives in shoe boxes

Dying out rapidly.

Immense amount of depression.

Massive amounts of suicide.

Still has to be paid dumbfuck

Japan has a similar population density to Belgium or the Netherlands.

Really not all that dense. Most Japanese live in houses/apartments similar to that of Europeans.

Commencing dump that explains what went wrong

Commodore Perry happened.

There is literally nothing wrong with a culture where you must commit suicide to preserve your honor if you are a failure in fact we should foster it.

Japan artificially devalues its currency.

Although this is correct (unlike the Trump claim against China), it's not the cause.
Their devalued currency is actually the only reason their economy even still grows.

difference between Japan is that they invest in US jobs too. Theres a big Toyota plant that makes camrys they built and Japs also employ alot of dealers, mechanics overall a net benefit for us unlike China.

For example
investopedia.com/articles/investing/051515/impact-exchange-rates-japans-economy.asp

Keynesian economics what else?

>Iran
>$0.6K

Signs of a prosperous and safe society really.

>All my information about Japan is animu, waifuism, my weeaboo rose-tinted glasses, Fast and Furious, and images of Tokyo.
>JAPAN IS DOING GOOD HATERS!

youtube.com/watch?v=KaxgmmjNrpA

youtube.com/watch?v=d-R547pAUIA

>unlike China.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wrong

Top investor in the US in 2016.

thats cause we threatened them sanctions in the 1980s

Why is every country on earth in debt?

Anime is a pretty accurate portrayal of japanese society if you pay attention to the background like barely any crime in Japan for example, everyone healthy and people being pressured to suicide because adult life sucks.

Yeah and then this happened to their economy

>Anime is a pretty accurate portrayal of japanese society
No. It is not.

but the two aren't related right? the japanese collapse was some kind of real estate or banking bubble iirc

Japan has disgusting neets but is basically a crime free paradise

America has disgusting neets and is basically a ?????????

Liberalcucks love to deride Japan because they're a homogeneous monoracial xenophobic society

>There have been some violent swings between the Japanese yen and other currencies exchange rate in the past 30 years. In the early 1980s the Yen generally traded somewhere in a band between 200 and 270 per dollar. But in September 1985 the world's major western economies gathered in New York and decided to devalue the dollar, an agreement that became known as the Plaza Accord. This set off a trend of the yen strengthening over the next decade that ended with the exchange rate nearly reaching 80 yen/dollar. That's an astonishing 184% appreciation in the yen's value. While that was great for Japanese tourists and companies wanting to conduct M&A in the United States, it wasn't particularly good for Japanese exporters that wanted to sell their goods to American consumers. And in fact, this sharp strengthening of the yen is one of the key factors often cited for leading to the building and then busting of Japan's Bubble Economy in the late 1980s, a period that was followed by over two decades of economic stagnation and price deflation. (To learn more, read: The Plaza Accord: The World Intervenes In Currency Markets).

Read more: The Impact of Exchange Rates on Japan's Economy | Investopedia investopedia.com/articles/investing/051515/impact-exchange-rates-japans-economy.asp#ixzz4VrnUVqwe
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

There isn't a Russia or a N. Korea what's up with that?

You have to go back.

Shitholes have no debt because no one lends to them. Plus they rather not service the high interest rate and then have a Greece

I was wondering about this for a long time: are real estate prices dropping to the bottom in Japan due to the population loss? Or would the Japanese government prevent me, as foreigner, of buying houses?
A Japanese house in a neighbourhood without neighbors sounds pretty much as comfy as it gets.

>monetarism

If you want to guarantee losing your money, yeah.

Then again, Japan accepted only 30,000 foreigners as citizens last year. Good luck.

Funny how no one here has said anything about race, except for /pol/

>this gaijin seriously thinks he can just waltz into Japan and buy a home in rural Hokkaido

Pretty much. You think buying a house is easy in the United States?

Japanese police literally come to your house to see if you are speaking Japanese.

Voters were conned by corrupt Japanese politicians into implementing k*ynesian bubble and bust debtconomics. They were convinced growth was slowing due to a lack of "aggregate demand" and that, naturally, more borrowing and spending was needed. In reality the market was right. Traders, bankers and businesses genuinely could not find decent investments and Japan's protectionism prevented them from investing abroad. The excess capital was poured into useless things like real estate until the bubble burst.

Honnestly, when I compare Japan with my country (France) I'd say they're doing way better than us. No crimes, no racial tensions, education is still working, pretty much everyone has a job. It was clearly more functional than my country.

Japan is as big as Romania.A little depopulation will probably increase the quality of live there and reduce the real state prices

I'm a white guy who bought a house in Tokyo, I had no problems. Although, I do have Japanese family in Tokyo as well.

Grass is always greener

articles.latimes.com/2007/nov/09/world/fg-autopsy9

The Japanese aren't really honest about their crime rates.

I think Switzerland has it basically right.

>if you don't have money fuck off
>also, everyone gets a gun

>Japan is as big as Romania
Ummmm no

Really?

>Tokyo
>Has Japanese family
Yeah very similar to random user in rural Hokkaido

It's a (((mystery)))

>"I'm knee deep in shit and choking on sewage treatment fumes! You're nice and dry on your boat let me on!"
>"Grass is always greener"

>implying it's shamfur dispray soduku suicide and not the regular kimd

The most respected measures of quality of life show that Japan generally has similar ratings to France. HDI, The Economist, UN surveys, Red Cross, Pew Polls, etc.

You strawmanning doesn't change that.

When a country has debt, that means people/countries are investing in it, i.e. buying its bonds. That is almost always a winning proposition, as government bonds are usually at a far lower interest rate than market rate.

This stuff happens everywhere, Japanese are just autist enough to give a name to everything.

Go get drunk and fall asleep in a random street of Tokyo then go do the same in Paris and get back to me.

Yes we know there are homicides in Japan. But again, this is simply not comparable with a western country. You can walk safely during the night in Tokyo. During Halloween, I saw drunk girls, with very short skirts, well you get the picture, and guess what, no sexual agressions. I've never been once scared, robbed, insulted in Japan. The same thing isn't true in France, where only taking the metro is some kind of bizarre experience.
Japan is safer, I don't see how anyone could deny that.

It's probably safer than France.

But the gap is probably less than you'd think.

Also, Chikan were and are a thing on them subways.

I've lived in Paris and taken the metro and also the night bus out to the banlieu. I've never felt threatened. Japan may be safe, but it is safer only in relation to some weird fantasy France you have built up in your mind.

>oy vey bankers are not exploiting easy money from Japanese people
>better flood the countries with Nigerians and Afghans, this is another Shoah

There isn't really anything stopping a gaijin. You just need to have the money.

Nigerians are the only annoying people you'll find in Tokyo. What's worse, is they pretend to be African American.

>Also, Chikan were and are a thing on them subways.
Compare that to what happened at Cologne.
What fantasy ? I live in fucking Paris, all of my friends had troubles in Paris with some places where you need to stay away from. We're a country that experiences multiple terrorist attacks. Do you really think Paris is safer than Tokyo, or Nagoya ? You clearly have a distorted view of reality then.

>implying Tokyo hasn't had terrorist attacks

>this happens everywhere
>35,000 suicides a year happens everywhere

And murders are listed as suicides in Japan.
And they have a 99.99% conviction rate.
1g of marijuana gets you 25 years of prison.

Grass is always greener.

One in the 90s, yeah. Kinda old no ?

>1g of marijuana gets you 25 years of prison
so what?

kys 420 degenerate

Reminds me of when CNN starts talking about Christian white nationalist terrorists during a Muslim happening because of McVey

Maybe if you slant eyes smoked more you wouldn't shoot yourselves every time you miss the train schedule desu

dude weed lmao

>minute late to the bus
>better go shoot myself!

t. japanese culture

whats your point...

more space for everyone?

sounds good desu

>be obese disgusting ameripig that shits his pants in Walmart because he has no shame or dignity
t. Amerifat

Better to live in a country with 35,000 suicides every year than a country with 35,000 homicides every year.

At least suicidal people have choice.

>accusations of Americaness confirming he is in fact a japasuicide

You people worship the American so hard you shape your national identity around Americanisms when you aren't blowing your brains out in the forest.

It's quite disgusting, desu. Talk about adopting the culture of your conquerors.

Really carmelizes those onions

You're pathetic. We understand you hate Japan, but moral integrity should at least lead you to recognize it is a safer, more organized country thant the US.

Weed isn't even that great.

>t. japanese about to go hang himself

No, but it's better than the rope.

>build a culture around self-repression and isolationism
>is surprised when everyone wants to exit it... forcefully

observe as the american liberal completely melts down because Tokyo isn't a multicultural paradise like Paris or Berlin covered in plumes of marijuana smoke provided by "refugee" algerians

>the richest nations are the ones with the most debt
?

This meme that Japan hides huge crime rates comes from Jake Adelstein, a Jew who hates Japan and is interested in politically and demographically changing the country through mass admission of immigrants from brown or black Third World countries.

Are you new here? It's kind of their thing, they LARP as fashists on a romanian origami blog to try and trigger progressive pseudo-intellectuals. Pretty funny, huh?

The Paris metro is more ghetto than Chicago's tbqh

Still the most financially secure whether they are shit holes or not.

Riddle me this then. Why is one an Democratic Autocracy and the other an Communistic Isolationist regime.

Probably because these two countries truly know about global eliteism. Say what you want about Russia but they have the Orthodox Russian Church which is Christian while N. Korea worship Kim Sun Un's grandma for Christmas, fucking Nazi pagans.

>Paris
Maybe past Paris but current Paris is nigger central.

What your point mate? I was talking about social culture not economy.
>America has disgusting neets and is basically a ?????????
America would be devoid of violent crime if black people didnt exist in it.

People heavily overstate the gun meme with Switzerland.

Black people are truely a blight to humanity.