Why do atheists (and im not only talking about fedora tippers) hate bible so much...

Why do atheists (and im not only talking about fedora tippers) hate bible so much? They always claim that its a piece of weak literature with no values for anyone that isn't christian. Is that true?

Because the world is full of suffering.

Suffering is good.

>They always claim that its a piece of weak literature with no values for anyone that isn't christian. Is that true?
Never heard anyone claim this.

yin (jJn) Also Yin, Yn. [Chinese yīn shade, feminine; the moon.]

a. In Chinese philosophy, the feminine or negative principle (characterized by dark, wetness, cold, passivity, disintegration, etc.) of the two opposing cosmic forces into which creative energy divides and whose fusion in physical matter brings the phenomenal world into being. Also attrib. or as adj., and transf. Cf. yang.

b. Comb., as yin-yang, the combination or fusion of the two cosmic forces; freq. attrib., esp. as yin-yang symbol, a circle divided by an S-shaped line into a dark and a light segment, representing respectively yin and yang, each containing a 'seed' of the other.
yang (jæŋ) Also Yang. [Chinese yáng yang, sun, positive, male genitals.]

a. In Chinese philosophy, the masculine or positive principle (characterized by light, warmth, dryness, activity, etc.) of the two opposing cosmic forces into which creative energy divides and whose fusion in physical matter brings the phenomenal world into being. Also attrib. or as adj. Cf. yin.

b. Comb.: yang-yin = yin-yang s.v. yin b.

20 Looking at his disciples, he said:

“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

24 “But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25 Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

The Old Testament is so archaically written I can understand why someone would confuse it with poorly written. Why would someone sit down and read pages and pages of a genealogy of some ancient desert wanderers?

There's some good stories of the Old Testament that are also well written even by modern standards -- Exodus springs to mind -- but even the famous stories, like Solomon and his wives, are so bland and are barely more than a passage.

On the other hand, the New Testament is extremely more enjoyable to read. For one, it reads more like an actual narrative, and even uses really good literary devices which is another place where the Hebrew Bible fails.

As for "values for those who aren't christian", I really don't think that's true at all. First off, one of the best things an author can do is Biblical allusions. There's been a few authors I can think of that have made classic pieces of literature who really only ever studied the Bible (or so they claim). Reading the Bible will help you better understand western culture, its history, and its literature and entertainment.

>Hate
More like condescending disdain

They read the Bible like any other book and not go to the depth of spiritual thinking when studying.

I tried reading it, it got dry as fuck
Some chuckle fuck is gonna say I "read it wrong" but even paradise lost was better even if it had the same flaws most of the time

The Greek shit is way more fun.

>Why do atheists (and im not only talking about fedora tippers) hate bible so much?
Atheist right here, I don't hate the bible. If I hated it I wouldn't be constantly reading it and secondary literature on the bible written by scholars. I will admit that I am not fond of many of the actions of YHWH and his followers in the bible, particularly the literal jihad against the canaanites and the mass slaughter of the priests of Baal, but this has no bearing on whether I like the bible or not.

but user you have the same problem with the Quran, you're reading it without proper spiritual thinking

The bible is Greek too, you retard.

Easiest used to call Christians bigoted and intolerant. Now it seems like atheists are the worst offenders of intolerance.

Lul!

How do these type of people even walk into a Cathedral and understand what is going on in a stain-glasswindow or what statues are depicting? In order to understand Western art, a knowledge of the bible is a necessity. Europe is going to be in so, so much trouble.

If I ever had truly major league shekels, would try to set up an emergency location...maybe in Australia (with air-conditioning of course) to evacuate the most important Western artwork when the time comes. With all my time in Italy, still haven't see Vatican or Sisotne chapel because never feel like being around the slack-jawed albs with their hones and "selfies."

I know one of thee days going to get n RT notification that the animals have blown part or all of it up.

Butthurt over being dragged to church in childhood.

>They always claim that its a piece of weak literature
Never seen anyone claim it was devoid of literary merit.

I don't care about your bible.

From my point of view it's a exactly the same as worshiping a spiderman comic. I care about hostile actions of those worshipers.

Why do christians (and im not only talking about Deus vulters) hate atheists so much? They always claim that they are weak with no values for anyone that isn't Atheist. Is that true?

You're confusing the Bible for the Book of Mormon, Joseph.

It really isn't that fantastically written.