Open source Veeky Forums bot

Hello lads, I programmed an open source bot that tallys the top mentioned coins on Veeky Forums from every thread on the Veeky Forums catalog:

github.com/r7cky/BizCryptoScanner

Here are the top 5 mentioned coins as of 11:35 CST:
>Bitcoin (BTC): 167 [Latest post: boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/thread/2226604#p2227918]
>Ethereum (ETH): 131 [Latest post: boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/thread/2225478#p2225478]
>DigiByte (DGB): 51 [Latest post: boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/thread/2225450#p2225796]
>Mooncoin (MOON): 44 [Latest post: boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/thread/2225478#p2228009]
>ReddCoin (RDD): 17 [Latest post: boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/thread/2227677#p2228759]

If you find a use for this, let me know.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/navegacion/Fabulous-Poloniex
boards.Veeky
github.com/r7cky/BizCryptoScanner
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hello lads, I programmed an open source plugin that tallys up your lending profits on poloniex:

github.com/navegacion/Fabulous-Poloniex

If you find a use for this, let me know.

Kek

You are going to have a lot of hits for "mooncoin" that are false positives for anons wanting x coin to moon
>im waiting for an immediate alternative coin that's about to ((moon)) for sure in order to pull from vox once and for all

Only reason I made it was because some dude was shilling And someone wanted a github

so like nocoiners.com

holy shit someone should have posted it in the previous threads. How is the "hype" calculated tho? And why don't they have the top coins?

Any suggestions on how to prevent this? I'm thinking of just removing the word moon altogether

I'd remove it, it's a textbook scamcoin

I'll exclude the word moon, but it gets the coin names from coinmarketcap so I'll have to remove any future memecoins manually

I keked myself, why write a script when literally everyone one of them is a meme and meme have clearly taken over this timeline (see POTUS as irrefutable evidence) so the only strategy that you need is exceedingly simple, just hodl user, soon the interest from just holding will be enough to purchase threedee printed waifus inside lambos with crypto, no cash out necessary, if you cannot see this you have no business investing anyone's money into anything including your own

It's made for checking for pump n dumps

I know user I appreciate the script I was just memeing, go to nickwilliamsnewby I have a heavy duty yellowpages scrapy spider there for all your lead generation needs, cheers

I'm not sure how the hype is calculated. Might be somewhat related to post count. (This is from noticing the score of milocoin and the fact that milocoin stuff stays in its general) They track just a limited list and that list only.
Perhaps only assign the thread or whatever as mooncoin if there are no other coins mentioned in the OP. (This still has the problem of when OP uses FOMO)

K, removed it.

it killed it lmao

funny enough it's probably the coins with

>track shill data irl
>pull a 1 hour MACD on the numbers
>use macd crossover to determine which coins are about to explode
Could this work?

not really

>>Mooncoin (MOON): 44 [Latest post: boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/thread/2225478#p2228009]
Hey, lad, did you know that when someone mentions "moon" he doesn't necessarily refer to that piece of shit scamcoin?

Just for your information, your data seems deceptive right now

put the number of occurence first, put a tab after, then the coin name

I was thinking about doing this but with the addition of twitter and having it send notifications when there's a significant uptick in the number of mentions something, good way to get ahead of a pump

How would you collect tweets?

not to mention that many people just post to laugh about it

Stream api

>github.com/r7cky/BizCryptoScanner
>Went to github listing expecting it to be written in a non-aids language
>Figured he'd be using C++, hoping for python
>Java
LELXDSOSWEETBRO#1

Bumping cos on the loo with low battery and need to see this thread when I get to my comp in a min.

I read an article in the Economist where major financial institutions are analysing shitloads of reports on companies (from different sources), and judging the sentiment based on the words used (like positive vs negative).

Might be cool

Thanks for following through with this user. I was a great supporter of your project yesterday. Glad to see you got dgb working properly.

Op you should definitely package this for a browser. You'll get a fuckload of hits and can then charge for adspace.

I agree. Moon has become a dirty word

Do you realise how much big companies put into shilling the fuck out of themselves? That's literally the cocacola and mcdonalds whole universe. shilling = advertising
We're reaching Idiocracy levels of shilling in the next 10 years

Fantastic stuff man.

Any chance we could get a bot sometime that analyzes the bitcointalk forum? Would be freaking awesome, and possibly a major money maker for you as well.

hey yall i run nocoiners.com - sorry only a few coins are tracked but soon ALL coins will be tracked, thanks for your interest hit me up on twitter with feature ideas. Also coming soon is github analysis for each coin and then official slack channel traffic

>bullshit meter is literally calculated perfectly

do the ICOs too. this thing's great

good list @ but I know there's a tracking list for upcoming ICOs somewhere

Nice, hadn't thought of doing ICOs, will add that soon for sure

ayy wanted to get a hold of you to tell you the list is horribly outdated, I actually checked nocoiners for a while desu

Sorry! I've been preparing the backend to store many many more coins so keep an eye on it, I post updates on Twitter

You should automatically grab all the top coins from coinmarketcap, so you don't have to manually update it.

yeah good call and good dub dub trips, I'm thinking the top 200 or so?

Yea, make sure you don't count occurrences with common words (TIME, GAME, ETC)

nocoiners.com updated with more coins, adding them now and then will go back and add data for the ones Ive been tracking thus far like posw, etcetera

yeah, its fucking annoying. MOON has the same problem - the sentiment analysis helps a bit but im still tuning it. for now take those with a grain of salt, the hype isn't just calculated on pure mentions so it shouldn't be too bad

No dude, it's not just about sentiments. "To the moon" is a common phrase, it's applicable literally to every coin.

I gotcha my friend, from here on MOON is penalized for being a shit coin with a shit name. but seriously, phrases like you describe dont use the word the same way so won't add to the hype