Name a better Admiral

Name a better Admiral

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phormio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there isn't a better one, truly an inspiration. Too bad Korea sucks now militarily.

Too easy

Probably anyone who went up against a competent naval force.

Nelson.

Too fucking easy. It was because of this man the first Pelopponesian War came to an end, and not only was he an Admiral, he was a fucking General and ran a hoplite brigade.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phormio

naval warfare on a scale before untreated of coming through here

>untreated of
undreamed of

Isn't North Korea's military pretty good tho?

It's big for its size and population, but it's not really good in any sense of the word. It's all antiquated equipment and doctrine, wrapped up in a tight line in the border.

Done.

Horatio Nelson

Proved himself in more battles like the nile and Trafalgar

Accomplished so much more, confirmed British naval superiority across the world, stopped Napoleon from taking Egypt and the Levant etc

Nope.
That is so wrong on so many levels.

Don't forget that time he killed a polar bear.
> True story

Ushakov
He didn't lose a single battle or a ship

>It's seas are separated thus the navy is divided
>Too mountainous to build air bases
>Poor
>Starving midgets
No their military sucks ass.
This is why they need nukes as a deterrent.

That Dutch one

no barbarossa on a fucking admiral post

is this even Veeky Forums

I know Veeky Forums has a hateboner for everything British but just for Trafalgar alone.

>outnumbered
>uses unorthodox tactics
>loses 0 (ZERO) ships
>wins
>dies in battle
>British naval supremacy never seriously challenged again

Fucking Hideyoshi man.
YOU CAN'T FIGHT SHIPS WITH CANNONS WITH ATAKEBUNE FULL OF ARCHERS AND ASHIGARU

this

Holy fucking shit the left guy was my commander when I was conscripted.

Came here to post this

Stuff of legend

lol no. One chinese military region could probably overrun the North before they even got a nuke off the ground

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

Yang Wenli.

I can't that guy was a genius

I really think that Nelson was a great admiral but Trafalgar was more a mistake from Vileneuve than other factor.

nelson is overrated. he lost santa cruz even when he outnumbered his opponents almost 2:1 and 3:1 firepower. he had the best navy of that time at his disposal and still somehow lost battles

>but Trafalgar was more a mistake from Vileneuve than other factor.
Yep, but you know how anglos are.

My man
>literally sailing the Thames

lol

I'm not saying this guy wasn't very good at his job. But he consistantly used the same trick (feints) and the Japs kept falling for it and he had better ships at his disposal.

It was more a case of his enemies being goddamn retarded, at least when naval warfare was concerned. I believe the Japs only had one competent naval commander he died early in the war.