He doesn't chase pumps

> He doesn't chase pumps
> He has a consistent day-trading method
> He makes roughly the same percentage profit every day
> His account is steadily compounding

Does this kind of person actually exist on biz?

on Veeky Forums lol no. we have holders who would be our successful guys and pseudo day traders.

Algotraders beat the fuck out of them all. I'm jealous of them.

Surely most discretionary traders remain that way because their method can't be properly implemented into an algorithm.

I know I could implement a very rudimentary version of my method into an algo but it wouldn't be nearly as profitable.

Care to give an outline of your trading method(s)?

> He makes roughly the same percentage profit every day

The all-powerfull exponantial ! Nice.

What percentage ?

buy low sell a bit higher at sufficient volume to cover fees and make incremental gains over time?

buy high sell low

Ah, the only successful trading strategy.

How do you even chase pump? When the pump happened it's already too late. RDD was an exception

I thought our motto was 'buy high, HODL, nah fuck it, sell at loss'

yep, this is Veeky Forums's main trading strategy

what i'm doing now is simply go to the page of all the coins in the red, look if it trends down or flat, buy up and set a sell order in the green

Hows that going for you? What percentage in the green do you usually set a sell orde for?

What is the decent % gain from day trading to actually be profitable if you take in consideration all the fees around exchanges?

Cut losses, let profits run.

Yep that's basically me. Been trading JNUG, UGAZ, and DGAZ constantly with steady profits

> Consistent methods?
Yes.
> Consistent compounding percentage per day?
No
> Consistent dollar amount per day?
Yes.

It takes work to find an edge but it's worth it.

I was until the great dumpening. I changed to fiat until this shitshow is over. Have set up a bunch of low buy orders to catch the dump.

Honestly the best method is buying something promising and turning off the computer for 1-2 years. If I had done that and never looked i'd be rich by now.

Buy the tip,
Sell the dip

If I'd done that I'd have about 1/10th of what I have now.

Or just set aside half of your crypto for that and the other half for day trading. That way you get the best of both worlds.

I might be this faggot actually.

I just started using a strategy I call baiting the trap where I'll put small amounts into buy orders for various currencies 3 day - 7 day lows that aren't stupid inflated. Then set the price a realistic price near the 3 - 7 day high. If you do this with 30-40 alts, you'll inevitably have a few winners each week. It's not the greatest strategy ever but I'm not as smart as all of you.

This. Trying to time the market will mean you get wrekt eventually.

I'm in this boat. I have no interest in crypto at all. Aside from what I get for free via a mobile app that autopay me bitcoin

very few people make money from discretionary day trading... of those who do most aren't exactly consistent and will be down some months... let alone getting the same return every day.

you're also not likely to steadily compound with daytrading returns - most intraday strategies are limited by capacity and will deteriorate as you start to increase in size

The problem is you're still looking at the computer and panicking with every little dip.

Of course hindsight is 20/20 but if you'd put money into the top coins like Dash, Monero, ETH and just avoided the internet etc., you'd done VERY well for yourself.

I have only chased 2 pumps succesfully RDD at 6 sat and mooncoin at 1 sat (sold at 3), both had something similar, low price, low volume that changed a little bit enough to see movement(maybe because of the shillers and people that thought it had potential to pump), increasing low volume and a lot of shilling

Hoping to squeeze more than a g out today, it's still early.

Hint: It's negative

Whats your capital mate

Small timer.
Maybe $80K or so.

I got into the game 1 week ago with 280$, currently have +- 400. You're bigger than u think

lol
I'd like to think that if I was, I wouldn't be shelling out hundreds a month for margin.

>very few people make money from discretionary day trading

How could you know this in regards to the crypto world.

I understand there have been a couple of studies in the stock world, one in Taiwan in from 93 - 02 or so. And another one looking at traders with public e-Toro profiles, but I've never seen any studies about crypto day traders.

He may be making a prediction based on similar structure. Just like equities trading, the majority of participants don't have much capital, making them ineligible for advantages such as extra leverage, discounted margin or commissions; while leaving them at the mercy of fixed costs, which consume a larger percentage of their working funds.

I wonder what algotraders are like. I've looked for how to do it, but it's super difficult. It's like you need to be super good at TA and programming just to get in, but if you have a decent algo you win forever. I'm too suspicious of all the bots shilled online though.

This is going to sound silly coming from a stranger on the internet.

But there are literal teams of PhD's doing this and even then they aren't beating the market by more than a fraction.

It's enough, but its not gonna net you anything on small volume

Forgot to mention
I am algotrader PhD, no larp

Why don't these people and institutional investors just invest more in crypto? I've never understood that. Why not?

They probably are? Compared to most assets right now, it's pretty hard to pass up. Someone has got to have all the millions coming into the coins.

When the total market cap pings 100-200B, then they'll talk.

They would just blow it up rn.

fuck you nigger, chasing pumps turned $500 into $10,000 for me in under two weeks

inb4 larp

got in dgb at .120 and then bailed into rdd while it was still

is a "sat" an abbreviation for saturn coin?

yes, but we tend not to brag about it.

It's not just humility, there's bound to be some guy who got lucky that can legitimately mock my consistent but modest gains.

jesus man, set it and forget it, Ronco Rotisserie style.

>The problem is you're still looking at the computer and panicking with every little dip.
Moving the coins you want to squirrel away out of the exchange and onto a wallet helps mitigate that.

I day trade a new shitcoin every 12 hours and always make +2% except on one occasion when it took 48 hours because I bought as a major dump occurred