This country gets to get away with colonization and land occupation all because of its history (muh Christianity...

This country gets to get away with colonization and land occupation all because of its history (muh Christianity, muh never colonized)

It uses history as a weapon

Everyone from black Americans, to bible humping faggots like Jimmy Carter to Orthodox Russia to Jamaicans to the African Union has a love affair with this shithole

Why is that allowed?

Jihad when?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faccetta_Nera
hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01373824
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awra_Amba
lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1117648-Model-Senait-Gidey-s-boyfriend-teamswirl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They also got away with Marxism-Leninism, by the way.

No one remembers Mengistu killing 500,000 people, or how the economic policies of the Derg caused the famine that killed millions. They are actually still governed by a communist party.

Impressive.

>No one remembers Mengistu killing 500,000 people, or how the economic policies of the Derg caused the famine that killed millions. They are actually still governed by a communist party.

Except everyone does

He was the first Omotic Leader which was already hated because of his facial features

He even said

>In this country, some aristocratic families automatically categorize persons with dark skin, thick lips, and kinky hair as "Barias" (Amharic for Slave)... let it be clear to everybody that I shall soon make these ignoramuses stoop and grind corn!

Plus he killed nearly everyone who had any form of education

They have a monument to his killings

He has a death warrant out for him if he ever leaves Zimbabwe

No one outside Ethiopia, I mean, you're probably linked to there to know so much. I didn't even remembered he was alive.

I only know about him myself because I was looking for reasons to criticize Fidel Castro.

>No one outside Ethiopia, I mean, you're probably linked to there to know so much. I didn't even remembered he was alive.

That's not really exceptional since people don't bother remembering stuff about places they give no fucks about.

Oh yeah no one outside than Eritrea, Ethiopia or Somalia know or care about him.

Eritrea remembers because he betrayed and killed their Hero before seizing power plus the civil war.

And Somalia because of the War.

>tfw Ethiopia got cucked out any access to the sea

post East African Aryan qts

i bet none of you remember that old /new/ meme

Do we have fucking Africans on Veeky Forums?

like this?

Doogankan dageeyso

>Haile Selassie regarded as a messianic black hero who stood up to whitey.
>Had to be forced to outlaw slavery of African blacks in 19-fucking-42 as a condition to having his country liberated by the white-dominated Allies.

Feed Ethiopia good goy
It's totally reasonable for 85 million people to live there.

Don't you have a heart?
Tafari and his 9 children need your help.

Because no one likes muslims, everyone you mentioned is not muslim. They have no desire to expand islam. They can get away with it because Islam has gotten away with as much. The west has a fetish for preservation, and a Christian population which predates Constantine is worth preserving.

>tfw no East African gf

He wanted to abolish it but the Slave trade was booming and the Cushitic slavers and aristocratic families didn't want to give up their black slaves

Tewodros the Second tries to abolish it but they Cushitic slavers had too much power. And every Emperor since then tried but to no effect.

The feeding Ethiopia meme is finished

Now people are adopting them. They are the most adopted nationality in America

>My next door neighbor adopted a Ethiopian girl back in 2004

>We grew up together

>She grew up to be 5'10 and looked like a white girl in blackface (she's very dark)

>She was the second girl I had sex with

Feels pretty good

Dont be fooled thats still a jungle savage.

Germany is 3 times smaller. No matter the population or birth rate (even 1 child a family) unless food security is actually guaranteed there will always be a food issue since the agriculture there is pretty strained due to how long the land has been in use alongside global warming fucking up the flood/drought issue.

I didn't think there were jungles in Ethiopia?

There's jungles in it but that's like calling a known Arizonian a forest nigger (instead of an AC Nigger) because America has forests.

All blacks descend from savage apes that originated in Central African jungles just because you see the jungle savages that live in the savannah doesnt mean its not a jungle savage.

Just ignore this guy.

Thanks for the high level of discourse you bring to Veeky Forums

So, first you claim the land is not an issue, since Germany has the same amount of people while having a smaller territory.

Then you claim the land *is* an issue, because that region will always have food security issues because of strained soil and periodic droughts.

Which one is it?
You are contradicting yourself while trying to sound smart, retard.

Fact is, maintaining populations beyond the natural carrying capacity of the land on which they live though food aid, while not limiting their birth rates in return, is beyond stupid.

Ethiopia's a great country, my parents were SIL missionaries and were stationed there for 10 years so I ended up spending my childhood there. Everybody treated me as one of their own and every few summers I go back.

Are you Somali? I'm guessing that when you call them land occupiers you're talking about the whole Ogadenia thing. It's factually wrong considering King Yohannes in 1915 married the daughter of the Jijiga clan leader. He got into heavy trouble from the Orthodox church for marrying a Muslim but the entire purpose of the marriage was for the transfer of the land.

Honestly Ethiopia ought to just annex Somaliland considering how good the relationship is between them. That'll solve their landlock issue so they can stop caring about Eritrea. South Somalia should just be annexed by Kenya. It'll be good for all parties.

>The Somalians have access to the sea
It doesn't seem to help that much

Caucasoid features confirmed

>he isn't a Somalilander
Wew lad

You got any pics lad?

Why don't they just give the Ogaden to someone else

That would fix like half of their problem overnight

> Jihad when?
calm down abdul, Ethiopia is off-limits by the word of your prophet

I don't think transfering Ogaden to Somalian Islamic extremists would be for the greater good. Ethiopia is at least ostensibly democratic, they should just grant Ogaden greater autonomy or something.

>why is this allowed

Because they are niggers, and liberals cant make themselves feel better by virtue signaling against them

Last time I went there I noticed something. There were like 4 countries within one.

There was the Habesha people (Amhara and Tigray) in the north who have almost always been in power.

The Oromo People of the south east who have been sparsely in power and have been abused by both Somalis and Habeshas ever since the migrated to that land.

The Ethiopian-Somalis of the east who are the bulk of the muslim population.

And the Omotic people of the southwest who because of how they look were treated like slaves by both the Habesha and Oromo.

IMO it would make sense for the Habesha peoples of Eritrea and northern Ethiopia to unite under one flag. The Oromo to get their own land. Grant Ogaden autonomy. And Grant the Southern Omotic autonomy

Once they've had a chance to heal from centuries of fucking each other maybe they can get some EU style thing going

because they are an interesting bunch with an actually fascinating culture.
Also, Christianity.
Though ironically, they hate the bible thumpers that love them, since they keep trying to convert them(which i agree. Ethiopian Orthodoxy is ancient and cool, American protestantism is cancer.)

Does this count?

The problem with splitting up is that the central and most economically and agriculturally developed part of the country, the historic province of Shewa, is heavily mixed in both religion and ethnicity. Moreover it's hard to draw lines between ethnicities and religions; many Oromo speakers ar Orthodox Christians or Muslims and have more in common with Habeshas or Somalis than they do with the pagan Oromo of the far south. Splitting Ethiopia I think would result in a messy Sudan-like situation, and would might leave the southwest or the Ogaden in a state similar to South Sudan. What they should be aiming for is something like India without the Pakistan-India split, since religious conflict in Ethiopia doesn't seem to be as bad as it could be. It's really just different ethnicties that need to learn to integrate.

It's easy to think of it as just Habesha and Muslims abusing the southern-western peoples, but Tigray is even worse off than the southeast or the Ogaden in terms of poverty. It's not a simple case of colonial oppressors and victims, it's poverty and abuse all around.

Yeah thats also what I thought.

The Oromo have most of the fertile land and you'd have to decide who gets Addis Abba.

Theres Oromo in the north and Habesha in the south as well.

However I don't see another way to fix the problem. The Oromo rightfully feel angry that they are being abused. Also they are the majority in said country.

If they seized power that Tigray would go ape shit.

Its very complex and my solution is probably too simple. But I feel like if they could draw certain lands for autonomy it would give some populations time to heal apart from one another.

Obviously Oromo could still live in Tigray or Amhara provinces and vice versa.

I wish Ehiopia was civilised enough to grant autonomy to those regions if they can't stomach independence, but they never will.

The British handed over Ogadenia to the Ethiopians like a present in 1945 and we've been fucked ever since.

It's easy enough for you to say ethnicities should learn to integrate with eachother since you've got no idea of the level of oppression Ethiopia wages against its supposed citizens. They're North Korean tier.

the real question is: why did italian colonialism work so god damn good?

I have an idea.

Why not, instead of splitting up, they have a goverment that does it's god danm job and protects it's citizens?

>Oromia will be free in our lifetime

While I can see why the Oromo would feel abused, it's not like they're purely victims. Oromos arrived as invaders and practically controlled the Amhara monarchy at Gondar to a time. The Oromo kingdom of Jimma was one of the biggest 18th and 19th century slave traders in the region, and Oromos were major participants in the building of the modern Ethiopian state and empire under Menelik II. It wasn't the Amharas and Tigrayans conquering the south, it was a mixed Amhara/Oromo population of Shewa conquering everyone else, though the Amhara were certainly dominant. Oromos were never some powerless nation abused by everyone, they were a mix of abusers and the abused, sometimes both, with no real common identity.

The only people I think are really victims are those of the southeast. Everyone's been fucking them over since forever. But they have no way to prosper on their own; their land is shit, they have no trade, nothing to offer anyone really, and nothing to build an economy on.

I just don't think splitting is a good idea, the region seems geographically and culturally suited for unity despite ethnic and religious divides. I'm biased though, since I think ethnic nationalism like this is a cancer, creating arbitrary divides between people who could easily be neighbors. Oromo, Amhara, Tigrayan, and Somali nationalism are modern inventions, and I would say perversions, built around the way these 'groups' have persecuted one another while denying their historic ability to co-operate.

because they couldn't stop fucking East African qts

An Italian man during the war on Abyssinian saw a girl so beautiful that he wrote a song about taking her back to Italy and fucking her.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faccetta_Nera

The song was a HUGE hit in Italy. But Mussolini was worried about race mixing so he ordered it to be removed and instituted racial laws. He even imported Italian prostitutes so that the soldiers would fuck Italians. But they still didn't stop.

I should add, I do think the Ogaden should be a part of Somali (or Somaliland?) though. But that doesn't seem very practical at the moment, considering the state of Somalia.

The Romans are still civilizing barbarians to this day.

tfw born in the right country but at the wrong time

They were also massive pedos.

hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01373824

>believing frog lies

Like says, Ethiopians should be aiming to reform their government, through uniting against it, not by scapegoating one another. I find it amazing that I keep seeing Ethiopians on the internet who think that the fucking Tigrayans, among the poorest people in the country, are behind all of the government's abuses.

>If you look at the sea from the hills
>Young brunette, a slave among slaves
>Like in a dream you will see many ships
>And a tricolour waving for you
>Pretty black face, beautiful Abyssinian
>Wait and see, for the hour is coming!
>When we are with you
>We shall give you another law and another king
>Our law is slavery of love
>Our motto is FREEDOM and DUTY
>We, the blackshirts, will avenge
>the heroes that died to free you!
>Pretty black face, beautiful Abyssinian
>Wait and see, for the hour is coming!
>When we are with you
>We shall give you another law and another king
>Pretty black face, little Abyssinian
>We will take you to Rome, as a freedwoman
>You will be kissed by our sun
>and a black shirt you too will wear
>Pretty black face, you will be Roman
>Your only flag will be the Italian one!
>We will march together with you
>and parade in front of the Duce and the king!

>During the invasion the song was hugely popular in Italy and caused national fervor. The implicitly erotic song was, however, somewhat of an embarrassment for the Fascist government, which had, starting in May 1936, introduced several laws prohibiting cohabitation and marriage between Italians and native people of the Italian colonial empire. These efforts culminated in the Italian Racial Laws of 1938. The Fascist authorities considered banning the song, and removed all picture postcards depicting Abyssinian women from Roman shop windows.

KEK Italians literally cant stop fucking

Maybe the poor perfomance of the italian army was because they wheren't allowed their lewd songs anymore

>implicitly erotic

doesn't sound erotic at all tho

I'm guessing in Italian it sounded more machsimo

no, I'm Italian, it just doesn't sound erotic 2bh, sounds like they want to bring a black girl to Rome and parade her down the street.

dungeddit.

>sounds like they want to bring a black girl to Rome and parade her down the street

And then fuck her obviously

He aint taking her back to italy and letting her be Italian for nothing familo

that song is very well known here but I never ever thought it had erotic undertones.

Its the IMPLICATION

She's thinking to herself

"I just got taking thousands of miles to Rome and are surrounded by fascist soldiers what am I going to do say no?"

That's because there's next to no infrastructure - just piracy.

kek'd

It still isn't erotic per se tho, excuse the autism.

Ethiopia is really fucking interesting. That said, if I were in charge of remaking Africa, I would start with giving Somalias rightful land back.

Perhaps then, without most muslims and without most high risk zones, ethiopia can become great again.

The sea access does help with piracy at least.

I habe a guestion

I'm leftist, so I might be a bit paranoid, but is it just me or does it imply something racist? Like, does the phrase 'little black face' have more implications in English than it does in Italian?

>Historic Ability to "Co-Operate"
I mean I don't disagree that balkanising the region wouldn't be that good But to deny that the Region was United by Force and like the Amhara never did anything wrong is delusional, Menelik killed millions to create Mordern Ethiopia
Of course the Nationalists act like it was purely "Amahra Vs everyone else" when Meneliks goverment was ethnicly diverse and many non-Amhara clans and dynasties sided with Menelik

it's a very taboo song, only fascists sing it, but yeah it's widely considered racist and to be honest "faccetta nera" sounds definitely racist and diminishing.

It actually grew to 100 milioni people recently.

>to deny that the Region was United by Force
That's not what I mean. Of course it was united by force, but it was united by the force of a small Shoan elite of mixed Amhara, Oromo and Gurage people.

What I mean is that Amhara, Oromo, Somali and other linguistic groups never divided themselves along arbitrary lines. They weren't even 'ethnic groups' sharing a common identity, rather their identity was their region and religion. Different regions fought or cooperated as alliances with little regard to 'ethnicity' (a concept alien to the past), and sometimes ignoring religion. The elite abused everyone, and cooperated in doing so. At a popular level different 'ethnicities' intermarried, assimilated and acculturated on another; in fact the Amhara and Oromo as they exist today are almost entirely the product of these processes. Muslims and Christians maintained close trading links regardless of their disagreements.

>Amhara never did anything wrong is delusional
'The Amhara' never did anything wrong because 'the Amhara' didn't exist. There were Shoans, Gojjami, Gondare, Wollo, Tigrayans, Bahri, Harari, etc. These could speak Amhara, Tigrayan, Oromo, or a mix of them. They were not defined by language. Most of them were abused by the small elite ruling them, who were often mixed and made little distinction between who they were abusing. There was a kind of cultural chauvinism concerning the Amhara language, seen as the 'official' language, but this wasn't very important outside of an elite level.

There are some people, including those of the southwest and the Beta Israel who were genuinely persecuted for their ethnicity, but this supposed Oromo/Somali/Amhara/Tigrayan divide is entirely the result of modern ethnic nationalist ideology. These 'ethnic conflicts' are ideologically driven with no historic or even present basis. Popular upheaval should be directed against the corrupt and abusive government, not distracted by these imaginary conflicts.

Why can't they all do this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awra_Amba

Also I forgot to mention, Menelik himself was part Oromo and grew up in an Oromo village.

>They are actually still governed by a communist party.

Are they retarded?

Because its the most religious country in the world

More than most

Its some of the most holy land in Abrahamic religions there

Secularism while beneficial is hated

They put a live grenade in that town

They can't keep getting away with this

This is like asking to split up Iran.

>East African Aryan
what does this even mean? some kind of african germanic mutant?
why do you ignoramuses think that white people are the only ones that have non flat noses?
You can find features that aren't white attractive it doesnt make you less than human, and it makes more sense than claiming everything you think looks good as white
how the fuck do you even divide the worlds races? white black yellow? white black brown yellow? or what I like and everyone else?

these features arent even unique to east african blacks

The only good Ethiopians are the Jewish ones.

>got away
Nigga they're still getting away with it

I agree that Eurocentric Nationalistic Idealogy shouldn't be applied to a Society like Ethiopia , Theres a reason why Eritean nationalism had nothing to do with Tigray Nationalism but rather an Identity that the Italians forced along with Muslim-Christian divide and the Rich Elite that grew during Italian Times

If I was in charge of remaking Africa I would start by deleting it.

Latins don't give a fuck.

If I was in charge of remaking Africa, I'd take for me the young and fair ladies and leave the old and ugly ones to the others

>does it imply something racist?
I don't know, it seems a bit endearing to me, not explicitly racist.

Why is "black" a bad word in English?

Can't blame them, Italian girls are pretty shitty.
>Short
>Fat
>assholes
or
>Tall
>Skinny
>friendly
not a hard choice desu

It isn't really, but some people don't like it due to it either exaggerating their skin tone (some people don't like being called white either) and others don't like it because it reminds them of how black people are treated. the vast majority of people will be fine with it though.

This is literally what it is.

Well there arent any social insurance systems or rents there. Having many children is the only way to not starve if you are injured or old

They are getting UN food aid.
They are not fucking starving.
Their population went up by 30 million in the past two decades

>They also got away with Marxism-Leninism
Talking like people don't see Haile Selassie as a Nicholas II style Martyr

Side-note, does anyone have info on what happened during the Ethiopian Eritirian war? Wasn't it fought WW1 style with trenches and shit?

>global warming
kill yourself

boy did this get black women upset in another forum

white men --mediocre and above -- get the best pick of all races. the world should know this by now.

>At some point a young italian man joined the army because of this song

Can you imagine his disappointment when not only Italy failed to hold on to Abyssinia but his superiors started saying race mixing was bad?

My favorite familio

Cletus please, high school graduates are speaking

>boy did this get black women upset in another forum

Explain

lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1117648-Model-Senait-Gidey-s-boyfriend-teamswirl

lotta salt

He's not really that average.

Like a 7/10.

She's reallllly attractive but its not like he's ugly

that website is basically /pol/ for black women. except without the plausible sense of superiority based on culture or intelligence.