I'm interesting in the history of Japan. Tell me anything or fact

I'm interesting in the history of Japan. Tell me anything or fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1484630409125.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1484631497930.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>samurais an shiet
>colonial samurais an shiet
>2 bombs
>autism

They thought that fisherman's wives were extreme perverts.

>Nobunaga Oda once asked for a dude's slave as a gift, had him bathed repeatedly to see if he had ink on his skin, then made him a samurai for the lols

>ancient stone people
>little kingdoms
>isolated
>don't bother the outside much
>some mongols invade once
>some samurai unifies things
>power bounces back between emperor and another guy
>one emperor abolishes samurai
>invasions into other countries
>join axis in WWII
>commit horrible war-crimes
>bombed then occupied for a bit
>then it, Taiwan, and South Korea become the best countries in Asia

>pic
I realized recently that when watching Kill La Kill from a Veeky Forums point of view one may come to the opinon that Satsuki's character and even appearance to an extent were almost certainly at least partially inspired by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.

>WE WUZ ANCIENT HYPERBOREAN ARYAN TRIBE AND SHIEEET
>WE WUZ SAMURAI AND SHIEEET
>WE CONQUERED ALL OF EAST ASIA AND SHIEET
>WE WUZ AN EMPIRE AND SHIEEET
>WE GOT NUKED AND SHIEEET
>NOW WE MAKE ANIME AND SHIEEET

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1484630409125.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1484631497930.webm

>some mongols invade once
>"once"

why would he care about ink on his skin?

>tfw you'll never mary a japanese qt
>tfw she'll never cry "Yamete itoshii"

Cause the slave was black

>Taiwan, and South Korea
What are those, do you mean the province of Taiwan in China? South Korea? I've only heard of Choson.

He thought his secret treasure was written on the slave and wanted it hidden

Unlikely. Animu writers don't often deal with non-japs well, all resemblance is coincidental and explicit attribution of a character with a particular non-jap historical figure is usually hilarious innacurate.

Real Nips were black people. The white Japanese albino devils just took it from the black people. First Shogun was black.

We black people wuz the real samurais.

>do you mean the province of Taiwan in China?Well, it's officially the Republic of China, but really it's just an island country. Nice little place.

Woops, didn't mean to greentext the whole thing

Never heard of it before. Am I supposed to know about this?

Well, it's a pretty neat little country. But don't worry user, I forget Brunei exists sometimes.

Japs weren't actually the native inhabitants of the island.

There were a people called the Ainu (or Ezo/Ebisu/Emishi, as they were variously called, though it's possible the Emishi were a separate people) who are the direct descendants of the Jomon people who first inhabited Japan. What we think of as 'Japanese' people nowadays is the result of a series of migrations from the mainland into Japan, particularly around 300-400 B.C. Though their DNA is firmly in the East Asian genetic sphere, they look unlike any other Asian peoples in terms of their body hair and certain other features, to the extent that when European ethnographers first encountered them they thought they were actually Caucasians rather than Asian natives. They're recorded in Chinese texts as 'the hairy people', they worshipped bears as powerful nature spirits, their women had unique tattoos over their lips, and their clothing incorporated geometric designs.

They used to dominate the top half of Japan including Hokkaido (whose old name is Ezo, the same as one of then names for the Ainu), but were gradually pushed back through warfare to just the island of Hokkaido, where they managed to hold out until the late 18th century/19th century. There are very few full blooded Ainu left these days, as assimilation/discrimination/non-acknowledgement was the policy of the Meiji and Japanese government until the discriminatory law was stricken from the books in 1997.

>Am I supposed to know about this?
Where did you go to school that you didn't know about the Two Chinas? Don't say America because everyone is taught about that shit. Even if by some magic you dropped out at the ripe old age of fucking 8 years old, half of your clothes say MADE IN TAIWAN on them.

Ainu were natives of Hokkaido. They weren't found in the other major islands of Japan and we have the archeological evidence to support this.

The Japanese Ainu museum would be surprised to hear that. Pic related is where they place their historical extent, and most everything I've read about them says that they had a presence in the north of Honshu.

It's bait.

>Japs weren't actually the native inhabitants of the island.
To elaborate the Jomon were basal East Asians(after Australasians but prior to Amerindians) that contributed to the Japanese,Ryukuans and Ainu.

The Ainu derive 30% of their ancestry from a Paleo Siberian like population resembling the Nivkhs,Itelemns and Chukchis.

>The Japanese Ainu museum
They've been caught fabricating shit before. I wouldn't use them as a standard.

Oldest surviving monarchy

The Portuguese hoped to convert all of Japan to Christianity in order to use them as an attack dog against China, conquer China with their help and convert it Christianity and then the rest of Asia

Shit. Isn't their word for hello a loan word?