Best investments for people with little money

I have about $6400 CAD sitting in my savings account, and I am a clueless no coiner / no investor

I am willing to invest about half of it. I feel like Bitcoin and Ethereum are so high, that with the amount I can afford, I will hardly make any money.

What would be a reasonable roadmap / horizon to turn 5k into 100k? Should I invest in some of the cheaper up and coming coins and hope to make it big?

Is there any chance that cryptocurrency could be the next .com bubble burst?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/04/17/reuters-america-bmo-bundles-uninsured-canada-mortgages-into-securities-moodys.html
cbc.ca/news/business/mortgage-rule-crackdown-spurring-move-to-uninsured-lending-imf-warns-1.2988637
soberlook.com/2015/02/the-canadian-housing-market-in-charts.html
wolfstreet.com/2016/10/18/shadow-banks-no-down-payment-subprime-mortgages-in-canada-house-price-bubble/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GNT / STRATIS / WAVES / ETC (just don't stay too long invested in this) / ANT

sia, bancor

buy a bunch of eth though

>What would be a reasonable roadmap / horizon to turn 5k into 100k?
>reasonable
> turn 5k into 100k

I'll be the first to say it, there is no other coin even remotely poised to make as much gain as DGB is. Not shilling, just stating the obvious. And with the announcements on the horizon, you want to be in before the rest of the banks do.

Why don't you turn that into a down payment on a house. Dont sink it into crypto like all the idiots on this forum.

Is Ethereum really worth buying with how much I can afford? I am sure it will go up, but it is currently at a high, and I could afford like 15 coins with all my money.

Is that really unreasonable with how much some people are making? I am not talking about doing it overnight, but some people seem to be getting much better returns than that

This is a potentially good idea as well, but houses where I live (greater Toronto area) are pretty nutty right now

I would say buy a 5-10 ethereum once it dips again. (It will dip again, everything dips again).

I'd imagine it'll dip to around 150 the next time it does, maybe a bit less.

Buy GNT. It won't make you a crypto millionaire, but it has the best growth potential out of all of them IMO.

CVE : GAME should be able to double or triple your capital by years end

Average house in canada is atleast 1million.

minimum downpayment is 5% which is 50k.

Then at 3% ish rate on a 40 year mortgage his monthly payments will be about 3k. aka his whole life savings barely gets him 2months of payments out of 40years

Toronto is not the centre of Canada. Houses are much cheaper in smaller cities like Ottawa.

vancouver is a much nicer city I agree, average single detached home there is 2.5million.

Ottawa average price is around 450k.

5% minimum deposit is a little south of 25k. 25 year mortgage at 3.5% OP will be paying 2.5k a month. doubt he can afford that

buy jan 19 or jan 20 put options on canadian banks like RBC etc as the housing bubble is going to collapse 2008 style in canada.

Watch out for news on $SDRL, if bankruptcy is avoided in July and they can restructure their debts, share price will go up again big time, even bigger if the oil price happens to go up (which is rather unlikely), but still Seadrill is the biggest offshore drilling company on the planet with the best technology, so the current Stock price of 0,49$ could be a major opportunity.

What game is this

Youre going to lose a fuckton of money retard

my profits have always been bigger than losses

STRATIS very very strong atm, OP.

lol... did you just watch the big short

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, although STRATIS is strong, it will dip, and probably go back up again.

the movie was very good

anyway the similarities are overwhelming

cnbc.com/2017/04/17/reuters-america-bmo-bundles-uninsured-canada-mortgages-into-securities-moodys.html

cbc.ca/news/business/mortgage-rule-crackdown-spurring-move-to-uninsured-lending-imf-warns-1.2988637

soberlook.com/2015/02/the-canadian-housing-market-in-charts.html

wolfstreet.com/2016/10/18/shadow-banks-no-down-payment-subprime-mortgages-in-canada-house-price-bubble/

I live about 45 minutes out of toronto and paid 250k for a new build last year. GTA is just crazy.

That is Stellaris, pretty fun, I like it

So for an amateur investor, what are some good resources to understanding investing and managing money?

investopedia
read all of it