Mining crypto

What are you mining right now Veeky Forums?

What's your mining setup? Pool? Solo?

Any tips and tricks?

>XMR (cryptonight)
>xmr-stak-nvidia and xmr-stak-cpu
>2x E5-2699v3 + 3x GTX 980 GPU = 3.4 KH/s
>mineXMR.com pool
>$10/day

The best part is accumulating crypto without having to spread my bank info around. Then I can invest in ETH, BTC, or whatever PnD Veeky Forums is shilling.

Other urls found in this thread:

pool.unitus.online/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump for interest

I guess everyone is just a day trader here

ive got an ati radeon 5800 i wish i could fuckin mine. my computer crashes when i run miner.exe

well i guess ati is AMD now i feel so outdated with this shitty pc. I'd love to be able to mine 1 eth per month kek

Just made payout and starting over on a new account that can't be traced to me.

I was stupid last week and set one up on Bitgo that uses gmail and cell number.

13 RX470 4GB
2 RX480 8GB
2 RX570 4GB
2 RX580 8GB

Currently mining 1ETH every 60hrs.

those are pretty solid returns for 2 video cards. also i didnt realise that you could SLI 2 cards from different models, let alone series

how much did your setup cost you? im struggling to find any of the cards you listed in my country (aus), i think the mining craze caught on down here a while ago

I started accumulating Aug. last year. The RX500s I got at the end of April. Overall I'd say I've thrown about 8-9k USD over 9 months into it.

You can't SLI them, they work independently.
I'm told SLI in not efficient for mining anyway, but I just stared last week.

How's power rates where you guys are?
$0.07 kw/h here.

$.12 here

Earning Gridcoin with 96 CPU cores, crunching some world community grid work units. Mapping cancer markers whilst earning money, not bad!

have you turned a profit yet from just mining (including power/equipment/etc)?

Mined over 100 ETH and 800 ETC since I started so yeah, I'd say it has already paid itself several times over, not to mention I can re-use or sell the hardware once it's no longer profitable.

pool.unitus.online/home

Join this pool and CPU mine Myriad+Unitus Yescrypt. It will take a while to find blocks because the pool is new, but the profits are high... Forget GRC and XMR for CPU mining.

Is there a newbie guide? Also is minergate a legit thing?

it could be worse

Why being so careful? Mining is not illegal is it? You make it sound like it is

i dont even know where to get started for this

ive only ever mined a small amount of sc and thats it

What are the clear advantages of using pool? If it involves other people - there must be a catch

I saw a thing about minergate and mining with my phone. Thoughts on what's up w that?

470s 8GB and 480s 8GB are >$800 ea now and sold out everywhere I can't buy yet

gonna start with my 460 4gb. will it work at all??

You'll not trick me you spook

Is ETH useless to mine soon? Rumor I heard. Just started mining.

About 200 dodgibytes per 24 hours in a skein pool with my gtx970. It's a slow earn, but it's more worthwhile for me than buying dgb at 750 sats.

He's probably dodging his taxes.

Pay your taxes you nigger.

Follow up: anyone know of DGB mining with the 460? How can I calculate returns?

>Selling Monero
Wtf is wrong with you man?

it's only illegal if he sells for fiat [spoiler]nggr[/biznospoiler]

Minergate is built by the bytecoin scammers and skims like 30% of your hashrate.

For CPU mining use xmr-stak-cpu or xmrig

mining bros

how much difference does 4 - 8 gb make on the 480 & 580 models? they seem to be much harder to come across but nicehash shows a very small increase in equihash.

Changelly is made by the same people as MinerGate, are you going to say it is a scam too? I've used minergate for months and my hashrate is exactly what it should be, and earning are exactly what I calculated they should be.

during peak hours its $.18

>GTX 1060
>Eth
>5 MH/s

Why live??

fucking hell thats bad. my 970 gtx manages to achieve 15 mh/s for eth

You must be using unpatched windows 10, GTX 1060 should do about 22-24mh/s depending on your memory overclock, get yourself anniversary update or even better mine something else, like zcash.

clock speeds is all that maters.

My 1080 GTX is only using 713MB of ram when mining

how good is a gtx 1080 for mining?

Shit compared to its AMD counterparts.

Nvidia is less cost effective but more power efficient than AMD cards, however one advantage nvidia has is that it's significally faster in certain algos compared to AMD. If eth mining bubble pops, nvidia miners will have more flexibility.

Stop telling them that. Once ETH goes PoS and the bubble pops, I will have bought all of the NVIDIAs :^)

I don't understand all these terms you use

how much does that cost you in electricity, I was looking at mining not long ago but concluded with running costs of the cards I would consistently make a loss and therefore was more economical just to straight buy up coins for investment than pay 30-40% more in energy bills for them.

if you live in a cold climate and run a heater then the mining can help warm your house and thus the power is negligible

this chart is bullshit, I lived in spain for 5 years and no im in the uk and my electricity bill in the uk is x3 more times expensive than it ever was there.

It was cheaper for me in spain running a 600W hps along with some LED veg lights than it is just to run my lights in uk.

>2011

its 2017 moron.

Thanks. Is it ever worth solomining on one gpu? Is that even a thing anymore?

Solo mining could be worth it for unknown coins, early projects where the coin is basically worthless and hoping it'll be worth a lot somewhere down the line. For example I solomined pascalcoin for about 2 days with gtx 1080, and got about 1500 coins, i abandonned mining it because gpu miner was garbage and could only allocate 1 gpu, but about 3 months later i sold the pascal for about 100k sats each when it hit polo.

But if it comes to any of the mainstream mineable coins like eth or ZEC no way, if you have one gpu you must join a mining pool, then single gpu can mine few $ of coin a day.

>But if it comes to any of the mainstream mineable coins like eth or ZEC no way, if you have one gpu you must join a mining pool, then single gpu can mine few $ of coin a day.
Awesome thanks. I'll probably pool mine, not sure how long. Electricity is decently expensive here.

hello fellow xmr miner

Probably around 100 dgb per day as of now, rx 580 mines around 250 per day now

>XMR
>xmr-stak-cpu and xmr-stak-nvidia
>600h/s FX 8350 and 750 to
>supportxmr.com
>About 0.1xmr/2 days

Currently not mining because cpu is overheating

> Mapping cancer markers
Wetlab or bioinformatics?

So.... is it possible to do this on my home pc, with a single 1060 gtx?

I tried mining dgb once and I earned a whooping 200 dgb, like 0.03$ in an entire day mining.

I tought I had a powerful machine apparently not.

Yes it is possible, a single 1060 should earn about tree fiddy a day according to whattomine.com

Whoa that website is confusing, how do I plug in my 1060 6gb details? I have a 6700k too, if thats better for mining.

Not sure really. I think a day mining would make up 3.50 of electricity/

Simply put in 1 next to a 1060 button, click it, and then calculate. It will show you which coins are currently the most profitable, adjust power price to whatever you are paying the default is 0.1$ per kWh, by default 3 r9 280x are enabled so disable that one to get accurate numbers.

I believe that CPU mining is hardly worth it, maybe with monero but I'm not too sure.

>What are you mining right now Veeky Forums?
Zcash

>What's your mining setup? Pool? Solo?
3 GTX 970s & some AVX2 CPUs on a multi-algo pool. No dedicated setup here, just using old rigs. If I wanted to make one, I'd use
>pic related

>Any tips and tricks?
Equihash is one of the most profitable algos for AVX+ CPUs, but AVX2 is about 8x faster than AVX for cpu nheq.

Equihash in general is one of the best GPU algos due to low difficulty of Zcash, but Ethash is booming due to ETH's bubble.

t. miningpoolhub.com hashlet

is $26 a week worth it for having a pc running 24/7 in your opinion?

Slows the pc down actually

This is entirely up to you user, I have dedicated miners set up, I don't mine with my gaming pc.

Are you using stock cooler on 8350? Definitely get rid of it.

200 dgb is $4 you shit head

I've never tried mining before, but I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on my scenario. Say I work at a college that has tons of computers sitting around campus that won't be used at all this summer. Because of my job, I have keys to everything and have a fair amount of autonomy in terms of how I choose to spend my downtime (which is about 90% of the shift), and I work nights and weekends during hours when nobody else is around. My coworkers are mostly baby boomers who have never heard of crypto. Is there a feasible way of profiting from this scenario?

But it wasn't before april, was it, you stupid retard?

How do you use this program to mine lite coin or Digibyte? I use a terminal now instead cause I gave up. But something about that program was better

You never said when you mined you fucking dumbass

I'm not the guy, but if you had any trace of reading comprehension and logic within yourself, you wouldn't spout out such idiotic statements.

>I tried mining dgb once and I earned a whooping 200 dgb, like 0.03$
Hurr durr this must surely mean he mined very recently and he's clearly a shithead given he doesn't know the current exchange rate is higher!!!1! Obviously this cannot mean the unspecified period in the past when he mined was before dgb skyrocketed!!1! I'm such a genius and everyone else is a shithead

Focus all pc's on mining LTC. I am currently doing it at my college.

I have a 4790k and a fury x, what should I mine?

mining zcash rn, is comfy

Just downloaded a shitty phone miner... Mined all night, $.0009... SHIT

How about we keep these threads to a minimum?
Don't want to be bringing more newfags to raise your difficulty.

Yes. Most mining software will allow you to mine on a schedule; you install the software on each PC, set up the config to run with your favorite hash/pool, and then set up the pool account to deposit to your wallet. Do your best to make sure mining traffic is encrypted though; don't want network admins to figure out there's mining software on their library computers then do a little digging to figure out who set it up.

Veeky Forums doesn't matter pleb
it's already happening without Veeky Forums. look at GPUs sold out everywhere

It is feasible, however be warned, your coworkers aren't as dumb as you may think.

they will still be able to tell what you are doing by the hostname

I wish mining software supported socks5 so I don't have to configure port-by-port vpn rules.

I'm planning on buying a new cooler. But also having a lot of dust in the heatsink doesn't really help either

1 miner alone can stock out an entire city.
I don't see how gpu scarcity correlates with the hype.

under $0.90 per 24hr day, but 3 hours a day I play games on it in which case only the 970 mines which still is in the positive.

Power here is 0.07 per KW

>Power here is 0.07 per KW

damn i would've quit my day job years ago if that was the case here

So I have two questions:
It's viable to solo mine with 4x rx 470 8gb?
Do you think mining will still be a thing after one year or two?