Euthanasia

Should assisted suicide for patients suffering pain be legal? Here's the opinions I've heard on this topic, add your own or argue about them.
For
>If the patient is lucid, he should be able to decide his own fate, if not he should be asked to decide before he enters a vegetative state
>The line between sustained life in pain and death is very thin and thus the decision becomes insignificant
>It's expensive to keep people who'd soon die anyway alive, that money can be used to save other lives

Against
>God doesn't agree
>It's against the Hippocratic Oath
>Making assisted suicide legal will increase the acceptance of suicide making it more common
>Killing is always wrong and unjust
>The patient suffers from disease and trauma, his decisions can't be logical

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_try
express.co.uk/life-style/health/753722/prostate-cancer-symptoms-treatment-PSA
engadget.com/2016/12/20/prostate-cancer-laser-treatment-cures-half-of-trial-subjects/
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-01/ttuh-chd011117.php
aikenstandard.com/news/immunotherapy-offers-hope-to-cancer-patients/article_7744c8f6-d1ac-11e6-85e6-f3b3d434f6e4.html
nature.com/nm/journal/v22/n12/full/nm.4200.html
popsci.com/science/article/2011-09/cuba-releases-worlds-first-lung-cancer-vaccine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Right to Try laws are being enacted to provide an alternative to fascist Soros Right to Die laws

With this right to try non-standard, effective drugs and therapies become available, like cryoimmunotherapy, instead of the old and failed chemo/radio

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_try

That's hardly a relevant alternative, it's something completely different.

explain

right to try provides survival options the other doesnt

Explain what?

Right to try laws aren't going to magically make every illness curable or even potentially curable so they have no relevance to OP's question.

It's a completely random irrelevant issue to just chuck into the thread.

>or even potentially curable
are you sure?

there are 1000s of old drugs being repurposed right now to cure incurable diseases

>are you sure?

Certain.

welp....modern medicine pities your ignorance and limited intel

It's incredibly rare that an experimental drug cures a terminally ill patient. And now you are just making a false equivalence between medical progress and Right to Try Laws.

Maybe one day medicine will cure all ailments. It ain't going to happen tomorrow because a Right to Try Law got passed.

existing drugs and treatments can cure diseases that they are currently denied to treat, hence right to try

ie: cryoimmunotherapy, photodynamic therapy, proton beam therapy, metformin and other repurposed drugs for cancer

express.co.uk/life-style/health/753722/prostate-cancer-symptoms-treatment-PSA

engadget.com/2016/12/20/prostate-cancer-laser-treatment-cures-half-of-trial-subjects/

eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-01/ttuh-chd011117.php

Yeah if the patient can't do it his damn self cuz he's too lazy to jump form a bridge
>muh paralysis

aikenstandard.com/news/immunotherapy-offers-hope-to-cancer-patients/article_7744c8f6-d1ac-11e6-85e6-f3b3d434f6e4.html

Yes. I'm well aware there are constantly all kinds of medical innovations that are being developed.

What's your point?

>existing drugs and treatments can cure diseases that they are currently denied to treat, hence right to try

You randomly linking some things being worked on by the medical community does not have any relevance to statistically how many people are cured by experimental treatments.

Nor are we having a general discussion about Right to Try. I'm not anti Right to Try. I said it was irrelevant to OP's thread about euthanisia, which it is.

You seem to have totally lost track of what is even being talked about.

What can you tell me about the costs of these right to try drugs? How expensive are they and who pays for them?

Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it. (1 Samuel 31:4)

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. (John 19:30)

100s of cheap repurposed old drugs like metformin, propranolol etc

repurposed new drugs like opdivo are expensive your doctor negotiates with your health insurance to cover the cost

you need to be in a right to try state or get that passed as a law in your state

also contact Joe Biden and urge about removing barriers to existing and experimental treatments like repurposed drugs, immunotherapy etc

Joe Biden Plans To Cure Cancer In 5 Years
Plans To Cure Cancer In 5 Years

Biden Calls On Trump To Continue 'Cancer Moonshot' Initiative

>Joe Biden and Donald Trump will cure cancer.

there are literally 100s of cures for cancer that have been ignored or suppressed from coley's toxins to cryoimmunotherapy to phytodynamic therapy to invivo tumor lysate vaccine

the establishment likes the old and archaic despotic system

here is the latest cure:

2016 Eradication of large established tumors in mice by combination immunotherapy that engages innate and adaptive immune responses

required four components: a tumor-antigen-targeting antibody, a recombinant interleukin-2 with an extended half-life, anti-PD-1 and a powerful T cell vaccine. D

nature.com/nm/journal/v22/n12/full/nm.4200.html

>Cancer would be cured it's just being suppressed by the USA "establishment"!!!!!!!!
>All we need to do is tinker with US legislation and it will be gone!!!!!

Funny how no other countries in the world have cured cancer either.

You're a fantasist an yet another American who seems to think the entire world is in Bumhole County, Missouri.

Conversation done, you live on another planet, bro.

>Funny how no other countries in the world have cured cancer either.

you serious??

arsenic trioxide has been used by chinese for eons to cure various cancers

the west has recently adopted chinese Arsenic trioxide to treat just one form of cancer

various polysaccharides have been used by asians for eons to cure cancer, the west is just beginning to recognize just some of these curative polysaccharides

russians have been using photodynamic therapy since the 90s to cure various cancers, US is still experimenting in that shit

>Russia treated cancer w/ photo-dynamic therapy for over 20 years

>USSR treated cancer w/ virotherapy since the 90s (Rigvir)

>Cuba has real cancer vaccines

>China has real gene therapy Gendicine

>China treats most solid cancers w/ ablation (HIFU, RF, cryo etc) since the 1990s

Cuba's Center of Molecular Immunology created Cimavax-EGF, a vaccine against lung cancer, made available to the public for a few years already. link. It does not prevent lung cancer, but helps your body to destroy existing cancer.

With the amount of money going into cancer research yearly in the U.S., why haven't we come up with new affordable methods of combating cancer?

popsci.com/science/article/2011-09/cuba-releases-worlds-first-lung-cancer-vaccine

Then why the shit do Cuba and China have much higher cancer mortality rate than US and Europe?

To get back into the point of the thread, yes. Someone who is completely lucid and not in an extreme emotional state or is currently in a State of Pain with no way out in sight, they probably should be able to decide whether or not they can die.
Provided their doctor agrees, and if their doctor doesn't agree they should be allowed to find one who does, I can't think of any reason not to allow them to decide

As someone who's father died of cancer two years ago, had a mother who was a big pharma shill, and knew about the antiPD1 shit.

It doesn't work for everyone and those clinical trials are limited. These are usually limited to specific genetic markers.

There is no cure for cancer, there are cures for a specific cancer here and there.

There is no ignore or surprises bullshit. Cancer is just a resilient asshole. All this shit you're talking about sounds like me when I watched my father wither away, hoping desperately for a cure that would keep me from saying goodbye instead of actually saying goodbye.

To make this on topic, the one thing my mom promised my dad was that he wasn't going to die in pain, yet phentanil tolerance killed him long before the cancer did.

If people have the foresight to know how bad it's going to be, and can decide ahead of time in full consciousness. They should be able to spare their family the that sights and sounds.

>Against
>God doesn't agree
Srsly? God ain't real.
>It's against the Hippocratic Oath
time for a new oath.
>Making assisted suicide legal will increase the acceptance of suicide making it more common
probably not.
>Killing is always wrong and unjust
clearly it isn't. assisted suicide is still a taboo though.
>The patient suffers from disease and trauma, his decisions can't be logical
tell that to someone terminally ill and see what happens.

This thread is cancer.

Let'em kill themselves, God will judge them, if the patient is:

1_An adult
2_Not mentally ill

He should be able to wage the risks/reward and decide for himself. Sometimes people need to be euthanized
Like this fella right here