tfw started in early April when ETH was less than 40 USD

> tfw started in early April when ETH was less than 40 USD
Thank you autistic Ruski skelingtonman

nice. im holding 56 ETH from when it was 45 USD

Congrats. I also bought in April around $45. At the time I thought I might be too late.

Mfw

Nice! Bought my first round of ETH at 64. Wondering if I should even be fucking with alt coins or just consolidate into ETH.

1k of this was a new ETH buy at 195

What do you guys think?

tfw wasted time trading shitcoins instead of just holding eth

Good job boys, when are you guys looking to sell/diversify? I'm thinking of putting 16 ETH into BAT tonight, which will give me more thank 100k BAT's while still having more than 100 ETH.

I was pretty conflicted about investing in BAT but then I watched the entire hour-long Eich interview today; that motherfucker knows his stuff and will collect investors like no other token IMO.

~300 would be a comfy sell for me.

what are the cliffnotes on BAT? my alt coin selection has been lackluster (aside for a 50% takehome when the bitbean spike happened).

Wish I had your optimism. I think some of the ETH tokens will take off. Try getting in on some of the ICOs, stratis is at like 80,000% gains right now. 1000$ could be 800,000

thanks user. will look into it.

VItalik is literally taking us to lambo land.
/biz is gonna be the richest board on Veeky Forums ladies and gentlemen!

fool. It will hit 300 by end of the year, but that will be the start of an even steeper increase. Hold till a grand or two, the signs are good - people can't take their money out of China/Russia/Middle East. I spoke to a guy a few days that says wealthy Chinese make shell companies, and on paper borrow from them with their real Chinese business. Then default by not paying, and thats how Chinese government allows them to take out any real money. The process takes years and a shitload of money, compared to that cryptocurrency is a breeze.

Decentralised advertising system which uses tokens (BAT's) as its internal currency to incentivise and measure performance. It is fairly complicated and I recommend reading the whitepaper, but here are my thoughts on the project:

PROS
> Spearheaded by Brendan Eich, founder of Mozilla and Javascript (which makes him one of the founding minds of the internet). This is the projects biggest selling point besides its strong team; instant name recognition amongst investors and, critically, a tether between on-the-fence people who will not jump in with a no-name twenty-something (like ANT) but will with BAT. He's also a very charismatic dude that can attract investors
> Is the first decentralised project tackling the near-infinite pool of money that is advertising, a status that will not change any time soon
> Has already gotten an unusual amount of exposure in the mainstream press, will be in high demand immediately
> Will function as an extension, so it is not limited to the Brave browser

CONS
> Gamble that it will grow at a greater rate than ETH, especially given that a BTC is likely imminent
> Puts them in direct competition with Google. However, this may not be such a bad thing as Google has a long history of buying out services, even ones that lose revenue (i.e. Youtube), so who knows
> Massive FUD on forums presale

tl;dr we'll see, I practically change my mind every hour over this

I remember when ETH was first allowed on coinbase, it was $7 and I had the order filled up for $1000 worth of ETH and then I stopped the order when I read about ETH being hacked twice in one week. Ive been busy with school stuff so only yesterday i came back to this crypto stuff and I unironically have had a stabbing chest pain all day after seeing it at $195 yesterday and $230 and today I got a major test result that I failed by one point. Ive been in my bedroom brooding and depressed and havent left my room for the past two days and havent repsonded to texts from anyone. Im unironically sick of everything

same, I decreased how much I was gonna much in because I believe there is truth in some of the FUD, but I really want to diversify among good ico's, so I'll put $100 worth in at least

>gonna be

You're reminding me of those ~200BTC I mined back in 2009-2010 when I wiped my hard drive because I thought it would never go anywhere. I consider this the root of my alcoholism.

*BTC flip is imminent.

Also, the FUD here and on the ethereum subreddits is absolutely out of control, which I believe may be due to BAT investors hoping to hold the window open for another minute or so. I'd recommend that you guys take the "BAT team is greedy/dodgy" argument with a grain of salt; the ANT guys (a two-man team) raised 25 million in 15 minutes with a semi-nice looking UI as their 'product'. Having seen this, I'm not surprised the much larger BAT team want to increase the cap on their sale, especially because the entire initial sale of 15 million would likely have gone in less than 5 minutes. Food for thought.

maybe you can explain it to me. with the brave platform, under their plan, a new proprietary web browser will start up and fight its way into an already contentious market and then once it takes a significant share in that specific browser they'll make a system which tracks user engagement somehow and they'll sell information about engagement to the advertisers?

Nice bought on at $8 and again at $12 still hoping I'll see six figures one day

20 year old that got rich from ETH
thanks based vitalik

> maybe you can explain it to me. with the brave platform, under their plan, a new proprietary web browser will start up and fight its way into an already contentious market
Th Brave browser has been active for a while. BAT will operate on Brave of course where it will be tested and refined easily. BAT however is also an extension (like adblock) so it can be installed on any web browser and used there.

> and then once it takes a significant share in that specific browser they'll make a system which tracks user engagement somehow and they'll sell information about engagement to the advertisers?
System that track user engagement have been used by Google, Facebook etc. for years already, that's how they generate massive amounts of income (advertising is both orgs biggest revenue stream). BAT is attempting to do it more efficiently and maximise returns both for ad-watchers and the people paying for the ads by cutting out literally all the middlemen. Eich gives a great rundown of this in his interview today, and explains the insane number of companies and agencies that exist between the watcher and the person sponsoring the advertising, who all take a cut of the dollar value. Does that make sense?

Thats so rough. I thank God everyday that I randomly decided to start browsing Veeky Forums in late March, its given me an out from law school/part time cuckoldry. Its like I've taken my destiny into my own hands for the first time, as gay as that sounds. /blog. I'd get in now man, theres a long way to go yet methinks.

cool... thanks

did it truly change anything ?

You mean my lifestyle?
no, infact i'm broke as hell, i only keep enough fiat to pay for my bills. I'm just trying to figure out how i can use this money to set myself up financially for the future.

>it can be installed as an extension for other browsers

Source? Will google allow that on chrome?

Suddenly, BAT seems interesting.

ur portfolio is strong. i approve.

and don't worry, golem will pull through.

>Source? Will google allow that on chrome?
idk about "allow", but i'm sure someone will make an extension.

And if google blocks it, then it might be grounds for "non-competition" monopoly bullshit

t. not a lawyer

THANK YOU HUNGARY SLAVIC TWINK SKELETON OF AUTISM

>went all in on DGB

How am I doing lads?

Also I don't know how to use Blockfolio very well.

Why doesn't it show my gains percentage on the front page, but it does on the holdings page? Is it because I downloaded it today?

Didn't sell on the crash, been in since the early days (sub $15)

How much is that in burger money?

I have coinbase and can only buy ETH, BTC, and LTC. What do I use if I want to buy DGB?

I honestly love his idea, but I still don't see the value in the actual BAT token. You're not getting paid in dividends and the BAT token will always need a low price otherwise it's too expensive for advertisers to use.

I'd happily invest in the actual company itself, but I don't get what I'm supposed to get out of the BAT token itself.

ITT: Fags who forget ETH bug-forked twice already and has no application.
Keep hodling that shit and hyping the already bullish market like proper shills do and you should be alright -- just try not to forget that ETH == Unstable, high-fee, zero merchant integration, zero banking integration ... It can disappear overnight.

That being said, I've got my sell order placed for $324..

send bitcoins to Poloniex; Thats the mecca for shitcoins.

I'm you but 21. HODL

> 36,000 AUD.
> Barely enough to buy a used copy of Skyrim.

Back to watching Ozzyman videos and listening to Flight of the Conchords, I guess.

>200BTC I mined back in 2009-2010 when I wiped my hard drive
I don't know if I could live with myself after shit like that.

IDK when the bitcoin bubble really starts next year you could probably have a reality TV show of your shitty life and bitch about what could have been

WEEEW