Recent graduate, start my first ever office job tomorrow, any advice for the first day?

Recent graduate, start my first ever office job tomorrow, any advice for the first day?

No body will really care who you are

Buy Ethereum NOW!

There was no personal computers in the 1960s

Prepare to take it up the ass.

start planning your escape route so you don't off yourself when you realized you wasted all that time and money on college to hate your life daily.

Make sure you claim your spot in the fridge and make it known. Blue painters tape is good to use for an outline.

Nobody said there were, motherfucker.

Image is from an article about cubicles being invented in the 1960s, just happens to use that image in it.

Hey let's not be hostile

Also, I think you meant "were", not "was".

I forgive you, assuming English isn't your first language.

Yeah, you're going to be bored for awhile. Master Excel in your free time.

find the biggest, meanest dude there and beat him up. let them know you ain't bitch of noone

Yes. Start figuring out a way to escape the rat race. You will get sick of it before you know it. Don't let it own you.

U sure? My spell check didn't show any errors.

you will be surprised how little everyone cares. About you, about the work, about their lives. Just be peaceful and quiet, keep to yourself, and quit once you realize the NEET lifestyle is better.

jesus, there really are autistic people on this board...

Quit wageslave and buy ETH

Get out plebbit niggers.

Don't sperg, don't get involved with women/office drama, and congratulations.

Underrated

You shouldn't need a spellcheck for basic fucking grammar. Read a book.

Start memorizing names and figuring out your situation work-study.

Wake up early and find a place to eat in the area. If you're low tier white collar, your breaks will be short and sometimes you will need to get away from the office to escape the stress.

Morning beers help with the socialization if you're anxious about meeting people.

Figure out which girls are single and establish a rapport asap. This will make office sex possible.

You will know in a week or two what the job entails, including your sleep schedule adjustment, commute, income, work stress, and who the assholes are.

Like others have mentioned, plot your escape plan. Most jobs are tolerable for 1-2 years, then you either move up or out. The money will be tempting enough to keep you locked in; you can avoid this by saving up for FuckYou money. Six months of living expenses is enough for most people to bounce back from a firing or ragequit.

Why are you making this so personal? You missed the dip didn't you?

>Recent graduate, start my first ever office job tomorrow, any advice for the first day?

Show up on time.

Don't rock the boat.

Don't go out with your friends on a Monday night until 3 AM and miss work.

If you are do go out with your friends on a Monday night until 3 AM and miss work, send an e-mail to your boss that you are feeling under the weather and will probably not be at work. You don't want to compound not showing up with the boss wondering where you are until 11 AM.

Why do you care so much? Did I hurt you feelings? oh no

Here (you) go faggot

>Show up on time.

Also...

If a big fuckup happens or a big problem happens, tell your boss as soon as possible. You don't want his boss to ask him, him being clueless, and then asking you and you say "Yaa I know, I've been dealing with it for an hour". Keep your boss in the loop, especially when things are fucking up that others may become aware of.

If you have a project that has 20 steps, and step #14 involves someone else filling out a form, or modifying a computer, or printing out a badge - tell that person the same day you hear about the project. Then e-mail them the details (CYA). Then a week before you need the form or whatever from them, e-mail them for progress. Then call, go in person etc. That way if they don't do it it's not on you. You told them about it three weeks ago. You also have an e-mail/phone call trail to back you up. You almost never have to use that though. On the day their piece needs to be done, tell your project manager they are working on it and it needs to be done. Both of you talk to them about it. It's a balancing act between letting them know and being pushy. Don't be pushy, just have your ass covered. Generally what happens is you have CYA'd so well, they drop what they're doing that day and give you what you want.

If you don't tell them and go to them at the last minute they will tell you they're busy. Again, you have to give people a heads up.

Don't take any advice from people you meet there who have been there forever and have never moved up.

Put a significant percentage of your earnings into crypto every time you get paid.

install crypto mining software on all the PC's and set up in task manager to launch it after hours.

You know there are IDs on this board right?

What universe are you living in? The only way to move up with lateral moves between companies nowadays.

Assert your dominance by sucking your own dick.

Be wary of people telling you you're doing a great job after just starting there. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but at the same time know when to shut your mouth

True autism.

This is actually a good idea. It even has a cluster

Don't go to a hypnotize session with your gf to settle your relation problems.

bring kneepads