Friendly reminder from veteran Veeky Forumsraeli

Do not buy Basic Attention Token at the ICO. You will automatically lose $80+ on each ETH you put in. Buy the dip at exchanges. Trust me. You get the benefit of seeing how the ICO goes without having a stake in, and then you get to buy the dip when some idiots inevitably cash out at the exchange launch.

The idea is interesting and the team is interesting, but there are no guarantees and buying at the ICO imo is really dumb. I've been talking about BAT for like two weeks on here and I'm not even buying the ICO because of this shit. They're fucking up hardcore right now and I would be cautious and hold until the exchange.

Other urls found in this thread:

basicattentiontoken.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BATCrowdsaleHowTo_myetherwallet-1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But user, I'm chasing the next stratis and I don't want to just pour everything into bancor. I want to diversify.

Ya same here. I mean ETH just keeps rising and these guys are valuing ETH at $153? Come on. I really wanted to get in on this too.

It should be market price at the time they receive it.

>veteran
>doesnt know theyre going to refund 1/4 of eth if they go over their price

idiot

>ico locks in current highest eth price
>whales have to put in less eth
>whales still put in the same amount
>Veeky Forums cries they didnt get in because it sold out too fast

cant make anyone happy eh

In the slack they said they will decide in the next few weeks what they will do if goes over. They just said that like 5 minutes ago.

This is not true OP.

Yes they did say ETH would be considered at a value of 150 before. But that is negligible. Everyone is paying with the same currency. 1 ETH = 6400 BAT. if 1 eth is valued at 230$ then BAT will be 230/6400. or around that in the beginning.

Also they changed their website.
When does the token sale happen?
The Basic Attention Token sale will begin on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, at approximately 8 am PDT / 3 pm GMT / 11 pm CT-China. The sale will last up to 30 days or until the cap of 156,250 ETH (fixed at contract push) is sold.
The sale of BAT will begin at the time that mining commences on Ethereum block 3,798,640 and continue until the time that 156,250 Ether has been received or mining commences on Ethereum block 3,963,480, whichever is earlier.
The contract address is viewable after reading the terms and conditions.
What crypto-currencies are accepted as payment for tokens in the token sale?
Ethereum. (ETH)
What is the price of BAT?
1 ETH = 6,400 BAT.

Does not say the 150$ thing anymore

So what? Do you realize what Stratis was at exchange launch? It as only like 2x.

Also, Stratis ICO didn't price it 35% lower than market value fucking everyone over like BAT is going to.

Trust me dude. I'm buying Bancor too, and if they don't pull this shit, I'll buy at ICO, but no way is this worth buying at ICO. It's smells too much. I'm not saying it's a scam or won't make money. I'm saying that if it's as good as we think it will be, buying at the exchange will make minimal difference, and be infinitely safer.

Diversify a little bit, but don't fuck yourself over in the process. You will literally have to get almost 2x on BAT just to make your money back and that's assuming everything goes well. For all we know, ETH is going to go up even more tonight and everyone will lose even more.

Think about it like this. That 35% you're blowing just getting the ICO could be put into other ICOs, or just holding ETH. It's a total waste. Wait until exchange. It's the smart decision. They are fucking up this ICO. The idea is interesting and I think it has some kind of vague potential. The ICO is idiotic and I'm hands off until it goes to the exchange and I'll be watching how it goes.
post image or something dude

Your argument has no logic to it. When it gets listed on an exchange, the price will account for that and it literally won't matter.

Also in addition that does make BAT's company more profitable. Which is good. You guys keep forgetting that you need the company to make money since you are investing in them. They are not fucking you.

To be honest BAT fucked up and had a statement saying ETH will be considered at a value of 150$ something like that. They fucked up first.

Dammit, you're right, I just don't want you to be. I'm sitting here exhausted trying to decide whether to put a 0.3 ETH order on Parity just in case, but fuck it, these guys have been so retarded over the past two days. I've only got 7 ETH and a few other coins after all, I should just save for bancor. I was so hyped about this coin though, the team seemed like such a winner.

The value is whatever people are willing to sell it for, that's it.

says who?
>the price will account for that
there is absolutely no guarantee that would happen at all. You cannot provide any reason to not wait until the dip at exchange launch. There is no downside.

Yea, I agree with you. Everyone else is retarded. See my earlier post.

People just saw that they valued ETH at 150. Which I think they did as a business decision. Like oh if you want to invest 2.5k fiat, then it will be 16.7 ETH. But since the price sky rocketed it made them look stupid, and then everyone else got even more retarded.

You guys seem a bit inexperienced with this stuff. Buying at ICO isn't some guaranteed gains strategy. Typically you'll be able to buy close to, sometimes below ICO price at the exchange in the early weeks/months. As long as you know the ICO price, just wait until it touches it. It will. Check any ICO and it will typically hit within 50% in either direction of the ICO price in the early days. As long as you're early, you're safe. People here are hyping ICOs way, way too much. Gnosis is the only exception I can come up with. It was just barely at 2x and never really went below that.

Make it an early exchange buy. ICO price is going to be like $0.023 apparently. I guarantee 100% you will be able to buy below $0.03 at exchange within the first weeks.

If you check their github the value of that changed multiple times. Everyone putting ETH in is getting the same amount of BAT per ETH regardless.
And like your previous post says, why would they fuck us over? They want to succeed otherwise they wouldn't market and set the cap this high and have a fairly big name behind it.

People are FUDing this way too much imo, and it's either because they can't think properly or they are trying to discourage others to buy at ICO so they can get in.

THEIR SLACK IS GOING NUTS RN

1 ETH is 1 ETH so I don't lose anything. It's not their fault the US dollar is so volatile.

I'm confused. In the likely scenario that eth goes even higher, wouldn't the BAT token value be even higher?

It only sucks if you weren't in ETH already and had to buy in with usd.

the fuck is going on here?

Shove it up your ass you silly nigger. I've been one, if not the main user here talking about BAT for two weeks now daily, basically fucking myself over if I had any sort of machiavellian intent making this thread.

literally from their blog today
>But, ultimately, people have to make their own decisions as to where to allocate their ETH and whether to purchase BAT. In the end, the market decides.

AKA "go fuck yourselves, buy into our ICO at $80 loss per ETH because we can't go back and change all of the bullshit after we set it up so too fucking bad."

Just let the suckers buy the ICO and swoop in during the very obvious inevitable dip at the exchanges. It will be super obvious as time goes by that buying at exchange will be the better solution.

You Veeky Forumsraelis do what you want, but as someone who really wanted this for weeks now, I'm holding for exchanges.

Bancor's paid shills at work

>$0.023
>Better buy at $0.03
???

You lose 35%+ per ETH automatically.

Counterpoint: If I'm going to hold this shit for like a few months to a year or so, aka until Coinbase opens the floodgates on ERC20 token trades, why does it fucking matter if I buy at 0.024 (the actual $24mm ICO price) or 0.035?

Also as I'm typing this ETH is on the way down to at least $210 so at this rate by the time I wake up again for the ICO everyone's whining will have been for nothing.

If you put it that way then it doesn't matter either way. Either technique will make gains. This is a long hold anyway. the ICO is just shit.

Agreed the ICO is shit but I'd rather guarantee my gains instead of cucking myself out of a sure thing by waiting for exchanges.

the problem is that with this goofy ETH price shit, you have to get like $0.046 or whatever to make anything, so buying at exchange won't even make a difference.

lets say the price doesn't change from $230, you need 35% to break even, or $0.03 so we need $0.062 to get 2x. This is a wash to me. I'd rather just scoop it at the exchange and not deal with this shit.

We'll all make money on this if we hold 1 year or mores so who gives a shit.

user, you're talking about fractions of a penny here. GNT is pre-alpha and hit $0.50 while BAT has a working browser, ~100k daily active users with a growth hacking plan to hit >1m by year's end, and ~150 publishers to be announced after the ICO.

This will literally 10x by August and the amount of FUD caused by retards griping over 1.5 cents is ridiculous.

wat

that's irrelevant. 2x of $1,000 is 2x no matter what price you bought in. The actual cost doesn't matter.

yes when you are talking about 1.5 billion coins a few cents is a big deal.

holy shit I hope FUDing cuz you're retarded as fucking shit

if BAT went 2x on a $150 ETH, then there is value in the ICO below a $300 ETH

U blind :

What amount is being sold? What’s the cap of tokens? Will there be a follow-on sale?
We are targeting sale proceeds of as much as 156,250 ETH and a cap of 1.5 billion tokens. We do not plan to have a follow-on sale.

but that isn't worth buying into an ICO for over just getting it on an exchange at a continuously variable price when we know way more than we do right now.

Nobody is going to sell BAT days after the ICO at a fucking loss you fucking retard

BAT is going to start with a marketcap north of $30-40m, which is still less than Bancor's $60m+

holy shit you are a fucking retard

nobody is or will value BAT @ $24m/1,000,000,000, they are and will value it @ 1ETH/6400

>but guise wat ifs wese only gets it at @ 66% of market value instead of 50% of market value!!1 best wait an pays 100%
literally retarded

>coins never hit ICO or under

You're new.

I had 7 eth ready or this but now I'm not so sure

Thanks FUD

How can man be this determined yet so stupid. Look at crypto graphs, rarely coins after crypto breaks ico price, most of them take 1/3 of ico dip and after stabilization takes moon ride. Best example is waves, lisk, etc

The retards ITT like baby blue ID here are way too new to know how this shit actually goes down. The ICO is already not even worth it. It will dip, we will have much more information, and retards that bought the ICO will wonder why they didn't just wait in the first place.

idgaf i want guaranteed coins, putting .5 eth into this piece of shit

They're risen the USD price by less than 2x while ETH has mooned over 10x, BAT will open on the exchanges at 1.5-2x ICO and never see those levels again

>BAT is going to start with a marketcap north of $30-40m, which is still less than Bancor's $60m+

wtf why does bancor have such a high starting mc, source?

I don't think the bancor guys ever released a number like that, fake news

protip don't listen to baby blue ID. he has said nothing correct in the entire thread so far.

they're raising 300k ETH

if ETH stays above $200, then they'll have a $60m+ marketcap

>dinosaur still thinking in fiat

Good maybe it won't sell out and I'll actually get my hands on some.

So Bancor or BAT?

The whole idea of monetising peoples attention on the internet is stupid because it over complicates it.

Bancor, no one will use this BAT-shit browser

thats bad, higher starting market cap harder to make a profit. strattis only raised 1million on ico

>Exchange day Now!! We were so skill to buy in 1 hour timeframe! Time to collect our shekel!!!!!!!
>Whale dump 6300000 BAT for 1% profit
>Weak hands strong we won't sell ICO always go +500%!
>Huge spread, nobody want shitcoin
>Strong hands weak sell at loss chase after next lambo rocket
>no porift. just bag of sad.
>yfw when whale is setting up his robots for you
>yfw you are not smart
>yfw whale is smart
>yfw you were trick

An ETH is an ETH, you can't say its only a half

While I don't agree with the guy overly trusting the coin's potential, I think you're going too far in the other direction.
You're ignoring a very basic concept of crypto: the volatility.
Having "information" or "knowing it's good now" means you're already way too late to do anything with that information. Everything about this is a gamble. If you want to wait for better security, it's fine.

But then you have to fight against every asshole who got lucky, with no way of catching up unless you make another lucky move yourself.
We don't have enough data to tell "It will SURELY go like this"
We don't have enough experience of past events to form a clear pattern
And, again for importance, "When you know it's a safe bet, it's already too late to take it"

I'm not saying when it's a safe bet. Look at ICO vs. exchange launch prices

most of them stick around the ICO price for ~1 week or so. As I already said, Gnosis is the only exception I can think of right now.

You should keep in mind what the investors are going to think as soon as the sale is opened though.
Everyone involved will be disgruntled at the potential loss in ETH profits and expect more of the coin, leading to higher opening prices.

Even just "hanging around ICO price" is far from a failure. With how volatile cryptos are, and with just how long wicks get in those candles, you can still make a pretty penny (10-20%) during that stage.

yeah yeah yeah, still buying though and you FUDers are too.

I was really up for this but the fact that they're valuing ETH at $153 has me out.

It actually sounds like a better idea to wait for it to hit an exchange and buy. You'll get more BAT for what you would have invested.

Wanted to participate, read everything about it.
Not gonna now. Way too risky.
Will wait till exchanges then maybe invest.

>eth is going down

The things Nocoiners say

Can I see your crystal ball, because you can obviously predicted the future

does anyone know when this will hit the exchanges?

Suppose to be instantly tradeable I thought. So I wouldn't imagine not long after that

Proof of this claim please?

How do I set up the BAT token on myetherwallet?

Idk whats going on becuase when I bought MYST that shit was a pain to setup on myetherwallet after I bought, it just wasnt working.

Past ICO's didnt give me this issue.

Holy shit you fuckers are retarded as fuck.

Reasons you're all fucking stupid:

1. You're investing in a company. The point of an investment isn't to give you a Lamborghini within 48 hours, it's to make the company successful which then means you make a successful investment. The more money they raise the more chance they have at shifting the market which then makes your tokens more valuable. They're not doing the ICO so you can pump and dump and enjoy 259052508275% returns in a week.

2. Who cares WTF an ETH is worth? Cryptocurrencies are volatiles as fuck. For all we know ETH crashes down to $2 tomorrow and then their ICO gives them fuck all. It just so happened that ETH's value shot up through the roof this week. They can't have possibly predicted this.

3. Out of EVERY SINGLE ICO EVER MADE this one actually has a competent team that have actually done something useful in their lives. Oh, I'm sorry, the fucking developer of Javascript and co-founder of Mozilla wants to get a bigger investment because of the hype. Fuck him, right? Meanwhile, you happily toss money at a team of fucking monkeys that don't even have a fucking programmer on their team. GG.

4. People are bitching about raising the cap, but then at the same time we know they'd be bitching if they didn't have a chance to get in. If thousands of people were saying to you "please let us give you more money" why the fuck would you turn them down.

I thought you just send eth to the address... The pdf doesnt say anything about setting up your wallet for BAT

Look up Brave browser marketshare

why not both, gotta hedge your bets

Is it me or does the sale countdown keep changing?

>starts in 9 minutes
>now starts in 32 min
>but it starts at 8am PDT
>1 hour from now

What?

when is bancor ICO?

it's block dependent, not time dependent.

Go to Etherscan.io. When the block number reaches 3798640 it will start

Yeah thats what im doing.

The current address for BAT on their token page is the one we wend to or will it change for the sale like with mysterium?

We only have to send our eth to the mainnet address when it's time?

its 740 at the end you asshole.

In the myetherwallet pdf, on step 7 it says:
>In the “Token Symbol” field add the smart contract address.

Is this the same address as the one we're sending eth to?

640 according to BAT token page

kek

whats the decimal?

But, I wanna know what the smart contract address is. Is it the same as the wallet address we're sending eth to?

Am low IQ, please halp.

Legit working back up address if the site is not loading.

0x7617236eA6eBf579F36169369AF41fa0D8116506

make sure to send it with at least 200k gas to get priority. good luck guys.

lol

No you're doing it wrong. You're not adding a smart contract.

Just send the number of ether you want to buy to 0x64Ee5a8fe317E9d0781a2700D2A8B19CCD4741e7

In the function signature field enter 0xb4427263

Only send after block 3,798,640 (You can see this on etherscan.io)

If there's an option to set gas limit then do at least 200k

nice try

Is the block stuck at 564? Or is etherscan not loading shit correctly?

604 for me on etherchain

See step 7

basicattentiontoken.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BATCrowdsaleHowTo_myetherwallet-1.pdf

>0x64Ee5a8fe317E9d0781a2700D2A8B19CCD4741e7

Hope no one falls for this

the BAT ICO address incase main site is DDOSed:

0x7617236eA6eBf579F36169369AF41fa0D8116506

Whoever's DDoSing the Etherscan site is a fucking genius.

currently 611 on official ethereum wallet

>0x7617236eA6eBf579F36169369AF41fa0D8116506

SCAM

SCAM

SCAM

SCAM

Fuck off

haha that's awesome, so glad I'm going off the official up to date block number on the official wallet

feel good desu