How has your study of history helped you to appreciate the low value of human life?

How has your study of history helped you to appreciate the low value of human life?

It's made me appreciate the high value of my life and the low value of all other life

this

By seeing everything as part of a dumb meme.

For example, most people will talk about how terrible Timur and kids were to Persia and India but I'll just see it as them getting KHAN'D or JUST'd.

Nah, it's helped me appreciate that dumb fuckers who fall for the 'low value of human life' meme are the source of all trouble.

That people like you inevitably get their just desserts.

Not really. Most people are just nothings, faces that won't make any lasting impact. They're machines within the larger machine of society.

it hasn't really, but working in medicine has made me realize just how awful a fate it is to be born human

consciousness was a mistake

It made me feel insignificant

History is like a soap opera for me, just a fun popcorn chewing drug with melodrama

hahaha riiiiiight like i didn't even ask to be born xD im posting this on reddit!

>it rains extra bad somewhere up in the sticks in china for a bit
>thousands of people die in floods
>tens of thousands of people starve
>thousands of people die from eating rotten fruit in desperation
>this is not even remotely the first time this has happened
>this happened less than a hundred years ago

we're a bunch of dumb animals bro

>millions of people live in dwellings carved into the walls of sedimentary stone formations
>earthquake hits
>800,000 people get buried instantly

isolate yourself and nuke everybody else as soon as possible.

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant. but it is very important that you do it because, You can't know; You can't ever really know the meaning of your life, and you don't need to. Just know that your life has a meaning. Every life has a meaning; whether it lasts one-hundred years or one-hundred seconds.Every life and every death changes the world in its own way. Gandhi knew this. He knew his life would mean something to someone, somewhere, somehow. And he knew with as much certainty that he could never know that meaning. He understood that enjoying life should be of much greater concern than understanding it. And so do I. You can't know. So don't take it for granted; but don't take it too seriously. Don't postpone what you want. Don't leave anything misunderstood. Make sure the people you care about know. Make sure they know how you really feel. Because just like that it could end.

Will Fetters, Memoirs

Tags: misattributed-to-gandhi

So yes?

My study of history, combined with my Christian faith, has made me realize that human life actually has an extremely high value.

By contrast, governments, sects, and secular ideologies have a low value. What trash nation-states are. What garbage. Sending your healthy men and women into meat grinders... for what? For glory? For patriotism? What a joke.

Nationalism is a cancer and a worm in the hearts of men. Kill all nation-states. Destroy all governments. No master but God.

> human life has a value
> majority of humanity will be Lost

>acting like religions aren't capable of the same

pretty much this

It makes me feel that humanity never learns from its mistakes and that we will never be able to unite all humanity and colonize outer space.

They are, but in their ideal form, they aren't. In the ideal form of the nation-state, sending men to the meat-grinder is what they do.

"Ideal" forms of religion seldom manifest. Tbh I agree with your post otherwise, but I felt inspired by Buddhism moreso than Christianity.

This desu